PDA

View Full Version : Window Molding

Redthunder03
06-26-2003, 01:39 AM
Only have 2000 miles on my car and the Black window molding is already starting to fade and show burn marks. My gt did this as well. Its on the Side and rear seat window black hard plastic window molding. Do we know how to stop/fix this problem... This Texas sun is killing me.......:mad: :mad:

Fill
06-26-2003, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by Redthunder03
Only have 2000 miles on my car and the Black window molding is already starting to fade and show burn marks. My gt did this as well. Its on the Side and rear seat window black hard plastic window molding. Do we know how to stop/fix this problem... This Texas sun is killing me.......:mad: :mad:

Why not Try some armour all. I've used it on my GT on all the window molding/rubber including the plastic side mirror housing. It keeps it shining and new looking.

Stangfan
06-26-2003, 04:25 AM
303 Protectant...great stuff for rubber or plastic!! :THUMBSUP:

TX03RCode
06-26-2003, 05:36 AM
Meguiars Vinyl and Rubber Protectant. I live in extreme South Texas and my car sits out day and night in 100 plus degree temps and Meguiars is the only product that stands up to the heat. The quick detailer they have is a super product. IMHO

Mark

lk2drvmach1
06-26-2003, 07:54 AM
Try Black Again! I don't know how well it protects, yet, but sure makes the black trim look REAL good...better than new.

Black again (http://www.properautocare.com/blacagextrim.html)

Rob

06-26-2003, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by TX03RCode
Meguiars Vinyl and Rubber Protectant. I live in extreme South Texas and my car sits out day and night in 100 plus degree temps and Meguiars is the only product that stands up to the heat. The quick detailer they have is a super product. IMHO

Mark Same here and i take care of my trim every time i wash my car.South texas weather suck's.I allso detail the motor every time & wash under the car too.Clean freak here.:D No rust or dust on my ride.:THUMBSUP:

Vic229
06-27-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by TX03RCode

Mark

Meguairs:THUMBSUP:

MattN03
06-27-2003, 10:46 PM
Mothers Back to Black works nicely for me.