PDA

View Full Version : 3 week back order on Goodyear?

Keydet
06-21-2006, 09:35 PM
Well some JO slashed my tires last week. I was going to be getting new tires at the end of the summer anyway so i marched on down to the tire store and ordered up some Goodyear Eagle GS - D3's. However, there is a three week back order on ALL goodyear eagle tires... Does anyone know what happened, was there like a fire in the plant or something, i couldn't find any news stories about it... or are goodyear eagle tires just that popular?

birdman941
06-21-2006, 09:37 PM
I got new gators for mine from the tire rack.
They had them in stock, but that was a few weeks ago.

Nekasrof
06-21-2006, 09:49 PM
My buddy has a C6 vette and just bought tires and had them installed on Saturday. Same ones you're lookin at. Maybe it's that specific size you need?

3150Mach1
06-21-2006, 10:03 PM
Well some JO slashed my tires last week. I was going to be getting new tires at the end of the summer anyway so i marched on down to the tire store and ordered up some Goodyear Eagle GS - D3's. However, there is a three week back order on ALL goodyear eagle tires... Does anyone know what happened, was there like a fire in the plant or something, i couldn't find any news stories about it... or are goodyear eagle tires just that popular?

Try to order them from tire rack. Cheaper and may have them in stock.

Edit: Just looked at Tire rack. Ship date is 7/4. Must be a major backlog.

machstang23
06-21-2006, 10:13 PM
I just purchased some F1 DS-G3's 245/45/17 on monday (all 4) I got them from a goodyear store. I just walked in told them what i wanted, they said ok, and a few hours later I had them on my car. The only thing was they wanted to charge me $346 a tire, and I told them I could get them off of tire rack for 193 plus 40 for shipping, and they almost matched it at 207 a tire!

fields31
06-21-2006, 11:17 PM
yeah im a manager at a walmart tire and lube express
i ordered 2 2454517 eagle f1 gsd3 like 2 months ago and ALL goodyear wearhouses are out of stock for this tire until begiing of july just like tire rack which gets them from the same warehouses i get them from but i think they had a manufactoring problem with some of the eagle f1 lines cause almost all tire sizes are unavailable for the gsd3's..... from research ive heard they make massive amounts of these tires and then stop for a couple months and focus on other tires..... thats what ive found from making some phone calls