PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Denver, should I sell my Mach?

CA Lightfoot
06-02-2006, 04:07 AM
I'm relocating to Denver from LA. I'd like to keep my Mach but I can only afford one vehicle.

Opinions please:
-- Is the Mach practical for year-round use in Denver?
-- Any problems selling a Calif car in Colorado?

Thunderbolt
06-02-2006, 04:42 AM
I've heard quite afew people in snow states say to just throw on a good set of snow tires and your good to go. Take the Mach with you and just buy a beater after you get settled in Denver. Even if you have to drive it daily for a year or so, that's no biggie. The itch to have a Mustang will never leave you. Might as well just keep it. :)

ninety2pony
06-02-2006, 06:22 AM
i live in utah.. so same weather just different side of the mountains.. drove mine all winter.. just drive carefull and get some blizzaks.

BlackMach
06-02-2006, 09:48 AM
My brother brought his Vette with him when he moved to Vail...he sold it 8 months later and bought a 4x4 truck.

glamborn
06-02-2006, 01:25 PM
People always think Denver is Snow City when in fact it's dry 95+% of the time. Yes there is a lot of snow in the mountains just to the West but in the city itself you'll rarely have trouble. I say keep the Mach.

RightTime
06-02-2006, 01:31 PM
I'm relocating to Denver from LA. I'd like to keep my Mach but I can only afford one vehicle.

Opinions please:
-- Is the Mach practical for year-round use in Denver?
-- Any problems selling a Calif car in Colorado?

Yes, you can drive the car year round if you want to. Denver gets a few heavy snows a year and a few more light dustings but generally the streets are dry. They get some rain but not much. A halfways decent M&S tire will get you through. I kept my Mach in the garage on snowy/rainy days but had it out the other 345 days driving with the stock Goodyears.
A Kalifornia car should sell fine, in most front range counties you'll have to get a smog inspection to sell it or register it. You still have the cats instld, right? Rush hour can be a hassle with a clutch, but you should be used to that!

:horse:

BoulderMach
06-02-2006, 02:28 PM
Definitely keep it. But if your like everyone else in the state you'll end up with some type of 4x4 eventually. I've lived here 26 years. I'd say we avg. about 6-8 snows a year of which 2 or so you will not be able to drive the Mach in unless you want to plow with it. Other than that as already said we have a lot of pretty days all year long. You see the blizzards on TV, but don't see that the next day or 2 days later when it's 60 and sunny, and the snow all melts.

However, the reason I don't drive mine much in the winter is the mag chloride Colorado uses to treat the roads during snowstorms. The crap sticks to your car like glue, and causes dirt to do the same. And Colorado also spreads sand at a lot of intersections. Problem is the sand is often part gravel. I think we lead the country in cracked windshields. If you drive every day in the winter you'll get tons of stone chips. So while there are exceptions, for the most part people who obsess over their cars leave them in the garage most of the winter. It's funny in the spring when the city finally sweeps the streets of all the sand and gravel and all of a sudden hot cars start showing up everywhere.

CA Lightfoot
06-02-2006, 04:24 PM
Thanks guys. Even with my Michelin Pilot A/S's, driving my stock Mach on the winter salt & sand/gravel would make me nuts. For sure I ought to get a beater for those bad days.