PDA

View Full Version : Davinci Code *Possible Spoilers*

Karma_Energy
05-20-2006, 08:11 AM
Who else has seen it?

So after listening to the audio cd's on a trip from VA to IN I was excited to go see the movie the first day it came out....I went to see it last night at 7pm and had to wait 3 hours b/c most of the shows were sold out.

The movie adds new concepts that the book didn't have....It left out some of the things that i was looking foward to seeing a different persons perception of....Well I spent most of the drive home after the movie trying to explain to the girl I went with why the movie was so different then the book. It wasn't the authors movie....yes he was there during the filming but it still wasn't his movie....the director made his own little twist on it and had to cut some things out due to time constraints....

I'm not trying to sound like I was disappointed but I could feel the tension in the crowd (packed theater) when they went diff. routes that weren't in the book....And it was a little hard to concentrate w/ some guy falling asleep and snoring 2 rows in front of me (now that was funny). I couldn't imagine seeing this movie without reading the book. If I did I would have thought the movie was boring and would have been lost within the 1st 15 minutes.... :blah:

birdman941
05-20-2006, 08:48 AM
Even the French hated it.
Thats not a good sign.

Historian
05-20-2006, 09:24 AM
When the Dawn spread her finger tips of rose. Oops! Wrong book.

Couldn't put The Da Vinci Code book down. What a great write.

Karma_Energy
05-20-2006, 10:32 AM
any plans to see the movie? I would def. go matinee if you do

G
05-20-2006, 12:01 PM
:28: from what I hear, I can take a nap at home. :yeh:

No car chase?
No babes?
No action?

As a history buff, I thought the book would be good. I didn't think it was great, just interesting.

I'm not going.

DTMach1
05-20-2006, 12:58 PM
I'll go if Tom Hanks yells "WILSON!!!!" about a billion times...otherwise, I'll be at home watching reruns of Supermarket Sweep.

Starsky
05-21-2006, 04:44 PM
A little off topic but I was listening to the news yesterday and they said there were protests in some country over some parts of the movie portraying Jesus in one way or another. They were burning the books in the street. I found that kinda funny as its just a movie, and the writer on down to the producer have said its fiction. Its like me protesting Training Days because it portrays cops as murdering criminals. Some people have nothing better to do I guess.

DTMach1
05-22-2006, 11:07 PM
A little off topic but I was listening to the news yesterday and they said there were protests in some country over some parts of the movie portraying Jesus in one way or another. They were burning the books in the street. I found that kinda funny as its just a movie, and the writer on down to the producer have said its fiction. Its like me protesting Training Days because it portrays cops as murdering criminals. Some people have nothing better to do I guess.

I protested after I saw Bill and Teds Excellent adventure, I didn't like the way they portrayed time travelers...what would Mr. Peabody think????

03AV8R
05-22-2006, 11:20 PM
I didnt read the book but i did see the movie last nite.. The movie was pretty good i thought but you could tell that alot of info was trying to be crammed into a small movie slot.. Especially when they got to the Englishmen's house & he started explaining everything to the girl Via the Last Supper painting.. That "Visit" right there is where they tried to cram in all the info & with Tom arguing with the guy to show the other points is started getting confusing.. But good movie non-the-less.. Id recommend it & im reading the book now to get the rest of the story.. :COOL: