PDA

View Full Version : Factory warranty

Mach Won
08-19-2002, 09:20 PM
What kind of extended wrranty does ford have?
What mods void your warranty?exhaust,computer chip?\

69mach03
08-19-2002, 09:25 PM
That is a couple questions I would like answered. May change the minds of those with heavy mod lists. :(

cobrajg
08-19-2002, 10:14 PM
Not sure on the extended warranty, never looked into getting one.

As for mods and warranty, it really depends. Exhaust is not going to void a warranty, and neither will a lot of things. To void warranty, the failure as to be proved 100% that the mod was the cause or related. US Code : Title 15, Chapter 50 (http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/15/ch50.html#PC50)

Some dealers refuse to work on a car that has mods on it. The dealer I bought my cobra from turned out to be a pain in ***, but another dealer does not mind as much. Always keep what you take off to put back on incase of any problems, besides for the exhaust. Yet to find any dealer complain about that one. The big problem mods are: pulleys, s/c, nos, headers or any internal component changes. Chip can be a problem if you burn up the computer or it has the wrong software on it and kills something else. Have not heard of anyone having any trouble with a chip, just take it out before you take the car in. I am sure others have more to add.

Mustang Matt
08-19-2002, 10:28 PM
Somebody tried to tell me at Ford that messing with your stereo voids it, I guess it varies alot on who you talk to.

Mach Won
08-20-2002, 01:03 AM
theres got the fine print some where in print , dont think ford leaves it to the dealers discression

Mach Won
08-20-2002, 01:03 AM
theres got the fine print some where in print , dont think ford leaves it to the dealers discression

69mach03
08-20-2002, 02:06 AM
I agree. :eek:

1MeanGT
08-20-2002, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by Mach Won
What mods void your warranty?exhaust,computer chip?\ It ALL depends on the Ford dealer that is doing the work. Some will void your warranty for pullies or an aftermarket shifter, but some really cool dealers don't care about mods at all. You have to find that out before you do anything to your car.