PDA

View Full Version : Negative...and a little positive...for Hans Racecraft

GrimlokTT
05-13-2006, 08:58 PM
I ordered a rear shock tower brace from Hans Racecraft: http://www.hansracecraft.com/product/ford/mustang-rstb.htm

I wanted a black, low-profile support so I went with this company. Well, they sent me the X-brace shock tower brace which was bigger in diameter (not necessarily a bad thing...probably a good thing); however, it was a shiny silver color...versus the black that I was looking for.

Some people wouldn't have cared and used what was sent but since it is my car and I'm anal I wanted the black. So, I wrote the retailer I purchased it through (online transaction) who passed me along to the company (where it must've shipped out from). The company in-turn starts e-mail correspondence that took >5 days (I send them an e-mail; they reply the next day; I answer the question the following day...and so on) to figure out that they need to send me the correct part and take the incorrect one back (which would've only taken 5-10 minutes over the phone). After communicating my unhappiness with this method of communication, they said they're sorry but they don't have that capability. (Yeah right...I wonder if this company is run out of someone's home?!)

Anyways...and finally, I receive the right part...after dealing with my car being apart for ~2 weeks by this time. So, I take it in to have it installed (welded in). The thing is too short!!! I couldn't believe it. I ended up sending it back and getting a refund.

Thankfully the company worked with me through all of their incompetencies to rectify the situation (the positive) but it sucks because there was no customer satisfaction on this one....

Attached are some pics of the large gaps for your viewing pleasure.

jbrad88
05-13-2006, 09:39 PM
Nice...

and by the way...your stock centers will fit the 18's...

GrimlokTT
05-13-2006, 09:44 PM
and by the way...your stock centers will fit the 18's...

:COOL: