PDA

View Full Version : CAI Update...maybe

BigRed
06-13-2003, 10:21 PM
I don't know if anyone has already posted this, but I emailed Demolet, the Densecharger people, and asked about a system for the Mach. I remember someone on here tried a system from DMM but I don't remeber which one it was. Here is the reply I received: Will, the current 100mm meter forward system will work now. Look at your airbox and see if the tube coming down from the hood scoop is detachable. You could leave it in place as a moisture drain and simply mount it to the outside of my meter pipe. My system must remain enclosed all the way to the K&N to function well. It's the same system which posted the highest CAI gains on the stock 03' Cobra. You'll get the K&N and the tunability @ only $129.00, delivered.

Zate
06-13-2003, 11:15 PM
thats great and all but i think someof the companies miss thepoint..

mostof us bought themach1 because we like the shaker and styling..i dont want to make my shaker 'non functional' ..i might as well take it off or have bought an 01/03 Cobra..

i will be waiting for a company to make a version of their intake that works with the shaker.. apart from PHP who are just criminals for the amount they charge for stuff..

Densecharger is a fantastic piece... just needs to be able to use the shaker imo..

cobrajg
06-14-2003, 12:29 AM
I have been talking with John for months about a system. I tried just the upper TB pipe but it would not line up with the MAF and airbox.

Since the DC has the filter in the fender, attaching the shaker tube to the DC after the filter does no good. It would have to have it's own filter. I have tried to draw up some ideas myself, but nothing is able to correct this problem. So I have plugged the resonator, added a 87mm PRO-M and cut the silencer to just cover the opening to the fender.

Once John is able to get his hands on one, I'm sure he can make us something to work correctly with the shaker. The last time I talked to him, he was talking about a red mach1 that he saw. It would be great it he would buy one.

BigRed
06-14-2003, 07:32 AM
Yeah, I won't have my car until Monday so I wasn't able to go out and look, but I did get the impression it would make the shaker non-func, as you guys have confirmed...so exactly...whats the point..