PDA

View Full Version : CDC Side Exhaust - Group Purchase Poll

03mach1
06-05-2003, 04:21 AM
Please vote if interested in possibly getting a side exhaust a bit cheaper thru Classic Design Concepts, if enough interest, they will give us a discount, but not sure how much. They need to know the amout of interest

04Retro
06-05-2003, 04:59 AM
got the cash ready-let me know. My only questions is the subframe connectors--the Roush side exhaust requires a different subframe connector-from Roush--what about the CDC system---new subframes part of the kit or do we need to purchase the special Roush subframes (designed to allwed the side exhasust pipes that would normally interfer with the exhaust pipes)

03mach1
06-05-2003, 05:39 AM
I will check. Thanks. Good point!

jpetre
06-05-2003, 08:53 AM
Hook a brotha up!

J/K I have cash in hand and waiting!

Vic229
06-05-2003, 09:44 AM
the Roush side exhaust requires a different subframe connector-from Roush--what about the CDC system---new subframes part of the kit or do we need to purchase the special Roush subframes (designed to allwed the side exhasust pipes that would normally interfer with the exhaust pipes)

Yeah I was wondering the same thing, have $$$ need/want side exhaust :HOPPY: :HOPPY:

gotmach
06-05-2003, 10:11 AM
Just my opinion but side exhausts belong on Corvettes. To each his own.:MADNOEL:

scottd
06-05-2003, 10:13 AM
Yes, you will most likely need a different sfc to clear the side exhaust. The roush ones are pretty pricey, around 300.00.
PHP and spintech also make sfc for side exhaust, much cheaper.

jpetre
06-05-2003, 10:30 AM
Dang does that mean that I have to buy some weld in sub frames? ;)

Well let us know what the verdict is!

Jc'S MaCh 1
06-05-2003, 10:28 PM
I need to know the price before I commit to anything. ;)

Jc

jpetre
06-06-2003, 12:20 AM
James,

Thank you for visiting Classic Design Concepts online.

If you can get 8 orders together we can offer a rate of $720.00 per kit plus $70.00 for shipping. All orders would have to be in before we would ship and honor the pricing. Any questions please contact us.

Thank you

Kim Rieck
Classic Design Concepts

This is the message I got back, but maybe someone else could get a better price. I am Joe Bob from the street asking for a break. Still thought 275.00 dollars off is a dang good price guys! Let see how many we can get together.

jpetre
06-06-2003, 03:10 AM
They come unpainted and they are ready for paint. I took my mirrors off and sanded them put on a couple good coats of primer and took them to my local Ford dealer. They painted them for 30.00 under the table for me.

I am sure you could do the prep work and have them done for fairly cheap!

This would be the whole kit. This from there web site!

Performance with style, CDC's Side Exhaust is available for 99-02 V6, V8, and Cobra models. The package includes; Set of Side Rockers, a Set of Front and Rear Spatz, High Flow 2 1/2" Cat Back Exhaust System, Polished Cast Aluminum Tips, Super Turbo Dynomax Mufflers, Mounting Hardware and Instructions. (Please note: Cobra Packages do not include front Spatz) Product Material is Urethane using High Pressure Process (RIM) producing OE Fit and Finish. Just simply sand, prime, and paint. Installation time 3 hours after paint. Manufactured by CDC, Warranty 3 years

Jc'S MaCh 1
06-06-2003, 05:17 AM
What do we do with the subframes? or does the exhaust completly by-bass these.

Thanks

Jc

jpetre
06-06-2003, 05:25 AM
Messge sent, so we shall see. I believe we have to get some weld in ones from Steeda or Roush but I am not sure.

The ones on there don't make much difference anyway!

IMHO, so if we have to do without for a while I don't think it will matter much!

starscream
06-06-2003, 05:58 AM
Guys,

I used to own a Roush. For the subframes, you'll have to remove the stock ones because they will be in the way of the exhaust outlets. You need subframes specially designed for side exit exhaust, which have a special bend for side exhaust clearance. Like scottd said, there's Roush, Spintech, and PHP to chose from, or use none at all.

Greggvh
06-06-2003, 07:29 AM
Just another reminder because we looked into doing this with the Bullitt. You will end up with two holes in your back bumper that arnt doing anything anymore :( Fixes for this are to either get a V6 bumper or there were some little inserts you could get to cover the holes.

I think a side exhaust Mach 1 will look awsome!!

03mach1
06-06-2003, 08:36 AM
The kit should come with the front ground effects pieces, side exhaust rockers and REAR Wrap around pieces to cover the cutouts as shown below...

This is my wife's '99GT with the CDC side exhaust. Sounds really good.
:)

Greggvh
06-06-2003, 09:13 AM
Now I dont think they had those when we were looking :(

Any side pics 03mach1?

03mach1
06-07-2003, 11:18 AM
Side

hyepwrd
06-13-2003, 12:22 AM
are those v-6 rims on a gt? :confused: