PDA

View Full Version : clearcoat overspray?

Machster
05-30-2003, 05:05 PM
There has been a lot of rain around here, but now that the sun is out, I have found that there is a fine mist of something over all the windows and mirrors. It reminds me of an overspray of clearcoat or similar. I had already done the clay bar and wax. Everything looked great until I was able to see the glare on the windows. Washing does not take it off. I'm sure the car was not repainted. It may have been too close to the body shop at my dealer. Any idea's? :(

falcongtho3
05-30-2003, 08:51 PM
I know that some car makers use something called cosmoline as a protectant for vehicles as they are being delivered. The dealer is supposed to get it all off, and if not it does take some time and effort to get it off. I'd check with the dealer, and if it turns out to be something else they should be able to handle the situation.

03SHKR
05-31-2003, 06:54 AM
First of all, it's nice to find someone else from Oregon...

I have to agree with falcongtho3. I used Zaino a couple weeks ago for the first time. Then, last weekend, I used it on my DSG Mach 1.

This stuff is unbelievable. It's easy to use and it works great. Even with the rain, the dew, and road slime, dirt just hoses off. I'll probably never use anything else.

See this thread: Zaino (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3523/)

Saturday, June 7th is the the All Ford Show at the Washington County Fairgrounds in Hillsboro. Hope to see you.