PDA

View Full Version : Tire Dressing

Concep"R"
05-27-2003, 01:44 PM
I know this has probably been asked a bunch but what are the savy detail guys using on tires these days? I'm ready to try somthing new..somthing that lasts, doesn't fling all over the paint and doesn't look spotty.

I've used AA, formula2001, Black magic(can), & meguiars.

Thanks for any suggestions..

David Schwarz
05-27-2003, 02:45 PM
I use the Zaino tire dressing (not sure of the "Z" code). I like the results - not too shiny, and doesn't spray the fender wells. More or less makes the tires look like they did when first installed.

Black42R
05-27-2003, 03:07 PM
That Eagle1 stuff and use an application sponge, let is soak in for about 20 minutes and good to go

Bulldog
05-27-2003, 07:18 PM
I've had really good luck using the High Endurance stuff with a tire dressing applicator. After I apply it, I wait till it dries then just take a rag and buff it out a little. It looks great afterwards and lasts a long time. The "grape" smell is an added bonus.

Stangfan
05-28-2003, 04:53 AM
303 Protectant is my weapon of choice for any rubber or vinyl. I even found it minimizes the door panel blemish referred to earlier. It works very well on tires, without the overly glossy look of some products.

Regarding the Endurance tire dressing - I liked it also, until I happened to "nick" the finish that it produces. I found that once you get a break in the smooth finish of Endurance, it never quite looks as good. I had to use 303 and a rag to scrub it all off, and then used the 303 instead.

Just my .02 worth... :THUMBSUP:

Concep"R"
05-28-2003, 04:37 PM
Thanks for the Input everyone..decisions decisions..

Golions
05-29-2003, 11:07 PM
Meguiars wipe on Gel works for me. Love the deep dark look and can control the level of shine. Just have to wipe it down better to avoid overspray on the paint. Can't beat the grape smell.

GiddyUp!

:THUMBSUP: