PDA

View Full Version : FDNY 9/11 Radio Transmissions

mach me 1
01-21-2006, 12:05 AM
Hi
I listened to these and they are INTENSE.
http://www.nytimes.com/packages/html/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHIC/met_WTC_histories_04.html
Steve

San Pedro Mach
01-21-2006, 12:13 AM
Wow. Thanks for posting this Steve. :CHEERS:

G
01-21-2006, 01:09 AM
We need to see the video of that day more often. There are too many people who have forgotten what it was like. How anyone can understand what happened that day and question the war on terror, it boggles the mind. It made me feel great everytime I pulled a trigger in Iraq and I am so proud to be training the guys going over next.

I have dreams about putting a bullet in bin laden's twisted brain. Sorry, to be so graphic but if somebody thinks there's a better way to handle these fanatics, then they're CRAZY. :soapbox:

G
01-21-2006, 02:12 AM
I lost a friend in a helicopter crash (shot down) in Iraq on the 13th. He is not the first and probably won't be the last. Thinking about those guys makes me mad and I tend to lash out at those who talk badly about what has been accomplished over there. My friend was BACK in Iraq because he believed it was the right place for him to be. He was right and that's what HERO's do.

The firefighters and police officers that died on 9/11 were at their place of duty. They also did what hero's do. These fanatics deserve to die and we need to see to it. May our hero's RIP knowing WE WILL FINISH the job. :wings:

C-dub
01-21-2006, 06:33 AM
i saw some pics of ground zero, from a nyfd member (took some pics, when the overlookers were not watching) i think the one with a planes undercarage slammed into the top of a fire truck said it all. to bad he couldn't give me any copys

c-dub

BlackMach
01-21-2006, 07:12 AM
I have dreams about putting a bullet in bin laden's twisted brain. Sorry, to be so graphic but if somebody thinks there's a better way to handle these fanatics, then they're CRAZY. :soapbox:

:agree:

I'll tell you though, I really would like to hear more reports about CIA Predator drone planes killing top Al-Qaeda members instead of U.S. soilders getting killed by roadside bombs. Have you've seen the movie "Swordfish"?

:yeh:

TorchMach1
01-21-2006, 09:15 AM
I lost a friend in a helicopter crash (shot down) in Iraq on the 13th. He is not the first and probably won't be the last. Thinking about those guys makes me mad and I tend to lash out at those who talk badly about what has been accomplished over there. My friend was BACK in Iraq because he believed it was the right place for him to be. He was right and that's what HERO's do.

The firefighters and police officers that died on 9/11 were at their place of duty. They also did what hero's do. These fanatics deserve to die and we need to see to it. May our hero's RIP knowing WE WILL FINISH the job. :wings:

Geoffav, I cannot thank you and your brothers enough for what you are doing for me, my family, and this country. I have not served in the military, but, I too get fired up when I hear people talk badly about our country, or our men and women in the military. The people who do speak so badly, more than likely don't have the balls to sacrafice their lives for complete strangers. Those morons don't realize they have their freedom to say whatever they like because of the men and women of the armed forces. You guys (and gals) truely are heroes. Thank You! :machgod:

FloridaOrange
01-21-2006, 09:21 AM
Geoffav, I cannot thank you and your brothers enough for what you are doing for me, my family, and this country. I have not served in the military, but, I too get fired up when I hear people talk badly about our country, or our men and women in the military. The people who do speak so badly, more than likely don't have the balls to sacrafice their lives for complete strangers. Those morons don't realize they have their freedom to say whatever they like because of the men and women of the armed forces. You guys (and gals) truely are heroes. Thank You! :machgod:

+1 Ever want to vacation a little further south, hit me up.
Limited warfare kinda pisses me off though. If we go to war we should be able to blast the living crap out of them. Would WWII have ended the way it did (Europe) if we were under the same restrictions put in place since Vietnam (and Korea to a point)?

Mach 1 Fireman
01-21-2006, 09:31 AM
Thanks for posting those. I've been wondering what the communications sounded like on that day. I was working as a firefighter already when that happened, and it hit us all hard.

G
01-21-2006, 10:30 AM

I'll tell you though, I really would like to hear more reports about CIA Predator drone planes killing top Al-Qaeda members instead of U.S. soilders getting killed by roadside bombs. Have you've seen the movie "Swordfish"?

:yeh:

Yep, I saw it. Right now, all I can remember is Halle Berry's bod. :secret:

You're right about the UAV's, that's as good to me as having boots on the ground get most of these guys. I would rather be the individual to put the gun to some of their heads. I'm talking about the specific named individuals involved in several bombings and beheadings. Killing them would be like wiping out a disease, it would benefit the entire world.

Now I'll have to get Swordfish to see what you're talking about. Thanks for the excuse. :bigeyes:

thegabrielles
01-21-2006, 10:38 AM
I lost an uncle in the towers, he had made it down from the 102nd floor to the 78th floor where you change elevators when the second plane hit that area, his legs were crushed and he was trapped under some granite. The people he was with made it down safe, but unfortunately they were unable to free him. The amazing thing is that the firefighters made it to him and were there to comfort him, unfortunately they too were lost in the colapse. The first two firefighters that made it to him were a Batallion Chief and another FF, they were winded but calmly asked for engine companies to come up and put out the few fires that were burning, nobody thought the towers would colapse. I am a firefighter, and to think about climbing to the 78th floor (they took the elevator to the 42nd floor and climbed the rest) with all the gear on and still be able to function is amazing. It was and still is a great comfort to me and my family to think that the firefighters were able to speak to Uncle Rich and at least give him the feeling everything was going to be ok.

So on to UBL, I would love the oppurtunity to personnaly repay him for his actions against the united States and its allies. Killing him would be far to good for him. I not only lost my uncle but I lost ayear of my sons life 9 months old to 21 months old) by being deployed witht he Air Force reserves. I had it made over there, no real risk to my life so my hat goes off to the soldiers that are giving thier lives for the freedoms that most of our country has come to expect (instead of enjoy) Thank you to all the families that have given thier sons, daughters, husbands, and wifes in the effort to make our lifes better. And for those people that appose the war, rmeember you have the right to speak your mind because of the men and women that are willing to fight for your freedoms while you sit on your couch and preach about how we should not be there. I will support anybodies right to speak out about the war, it is your right, but dont ever let me hear you speak bad of the men and women who fight for those freedoms.

G
01-21-2006, 10:59 AM
Thanks for posting those. I've been wondering what the communications sounded like on that day. I was working as a firefighter already when that happened, and it hit us all hard.

The commo was very interesting. I was a firefighter/EMT (Chesapeake, VA) prior to joining the Army, I loved every minute of it. I don't think most people get how tight knit guys at the firehouse become. It's different than the soldier experience and it's deeper than relationships. There is something special about a job that ONLY involves saving lives and protecting property. You do the job often at great personal risk and it was very rewarding. It could have been a bit more financially rewarding. :CHEERS:

Those familiar with Chesapeake know that they have a Dept. of Public Safety. We crosstrained Police and Fire personnel to a higher degree than anyplace else I've seen. I fell into a job as an Arson Investigator and thus had arrest rights and carried a firearm. ALL police officer's LT and below, carried turnout gear and breathing apparatus in their vehicles. It was not unusual for a police officer to perform rescue ops and for firefighters to handle a vehicle accident (start to finish). Working as a Public Safety Officer I had brother Cops and Fighters. I took 9/11 very personal. :grr:

Here's a link to some guys we need to remember!!!!!!!!! :flamedevi
http://www.fbi.gov/mostwant/terrorists/fugitives.htm

G
01-21-2006, 11:17 AM
I lost an uncle in the towers, he had made it down from the 102nd floor to the 78th floor.................................

So on to UBL, I would love the oppurtunity to personnaly repay him for his actions against the united States and its allies. Killing him would be far to good for him. I not only lost my uncle but I lost ayear of my sons life 9 months old to 21 months old) by being deployed witht he Air Force reserves.......... Thank you to all the families that have given thier sons, daughters, husbands, and wifes in the effort to make our lifes better. And for those people that appose the war, rmeember you have the right to speak your mind because of the men and women that are willing to fight for your freedoms while you sit on your couch and preach about how we should not be there. I will support anybodies right to speak out about the war, it is your right, but dont ever let me hear you speak bad of the men and women who fight for those freedoms.

Sorry for your loss. :ANGEL:
I agree with your comments in bold above but don't think that right includes anything that could endanger the soldiers on the field of battle. Lying, distorting, and pursuing a political agenda (right or left) is wrong. We need to WIN THE WAR FIRST. Thanks for your service. :worship: It's very telling that so many firefighters are also in the Guard and Reserve. What a great group of people. :THUMBSUP:

MvCrash
01-21-2006, 11:50 AM

Thanks for all you do, and very sorry for the loss of your freinds. :ANGEL:

beerformeplz
01-21-2006, 12:13 PM
Good post,thanks.

thegabrielles
01-21-2006, 12:17 PM
I agree with your comments in bold above but don't think that right includes anything that could endanger the soldiers on the field of battle. Lying, distorting, and pursuing a political agenda (right or left) is wrong. We need to WIN THE WAR FIRST. Thanks for your service. :worship: It's very telling that so many firefighters are also in the Guard and Reserve. What a great group of people. :THUMBSUP:

Unfortunately the media is the biggest problem. They will take anybodies "story" and rake it across the news just because it will it will increase thier polls. A great example would be Cindy Sheehan, although I feel awful for her loss, she has failed to stop and think what her son was there doing, and why he was there. He was there because he was a soldier defending her freedom to rake the president and the military (including her son) through the coals. She appitimizes what I hate about free speach, although I would defend her right to speak, she needs to shut up. The media has made her name and her cause a story, when it should not have been. If you research what she is and was, she really has no right to the media frenzy that she has gotten.

As far as Firefighters (and police bythe way) serving in the gaurd and reserves, there are definitely alot. I guess they kinda go hand in hand, public safety is public safety whether it is with a set of bunkers and a hose, or BDUs and a gun. I have been in the military for 15 years, my dad was in for 28, my Uncle Rich was in for four years in the Navy (a long time ago). It seems like military has always been a family thing, you see very few "kids" enter that did not have a father, mother, or other close relative in. Its a way of life not everyone can handle. I enjoy it, but there are times when I hated it as well. That goes for being a firefighter too, you have great days and you have days you wish you could forget.

thegabrielles
01-21-2006, 02:20 PM
Here is an inresesting article about the tapes and some of the content.

http://archives.cnn.com/2002/US/08/04/wtc.firefighters/

mach me 1
01-21-2006, 04:03 PM
Hi
I want to thank all the soldiers, firefighters and police officers that defend and protect us everday. You put yourselves in harms way so we can be free and safe. Godspeed to all of you and your families.

medicmatt
01-21-2006, 07:11 PM
Fifty years from now people will look back at us as another "Greatest Generation". U.S. history has an abundance, K.

PhillyMach1
01-21-2006, 08:32 PM
We need to see the video of that day more often. There are too many people who have forgotten what it was like. How anyone can understand what happened that day and question the war on terror, it boggles the mind. It made me feel great everytime I pulled a trigger in Iraq and I am so proud to be training the guys going over next.

Mach 1 Fireman
01-21-2006, 08:43 PM
The commo was very interesting. I was a firefighter/EMT (Chesapeake, VA) prior to joining the Army, I loved every minute of it. I don't think most people get how tight knit guys at the firehouse become. It's different than the soldier experience and it's deeper than relationships. There is something special about a job that ONLY involves saving lives and protecting property. You do the job often at great personal risk and it was very rewarding. It could have been a bit more financially rewarding. :CHEERS:

Working as a Public Safety Officer I had brother Cops and Fighters. I took 9/11 very personal. :grr:

Here's a link to some guys we need to remember!!!!!!!!! :flamedevi
http://www.fbi.gov/mostwant/terrorists/fugitives.htm

I have yet to find a person that was not a firefighter/medic that understands the closeness of a firestation crew. I try to tell people that we spend a third of our lives together and become a very close knit family. People just don't seem to grasp that idea......