PDA

View Full Version : Bassani offroad x & cat back

Joe
05-09-2003, 12:06 AM
Well I spent some time last night under the car removing the stock H pipe. I got the stock one off in about an hour. The bolts on the pass side are tough to get to because of the cats. I just used a universal joint behind the deep socket and a really long extension and was able to them off fairly easily. I did this before on my 00 GT so, I knew how to go about it. I got the bassani x on there finally. It was kind of hard with out any help. Fortunatly the bassani x comes in 4 pieces so I attached the pipes at the headers and then attached the x section after. The fit of the Bassani was awesome I wouldn't use anything else. I'll try and get the stock tails off tonight and get everything hooked back up and let her scream.....Cant wait. I haven't seen but one other Mach in my part of town, so when I drive mine, heads really turn.....:CHEERS:

Joe

Joe91898
05-09-2003, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Joe
Well I spent some time last night under the car removing the stock H pipe. I got the stock one off in about an hour. The bolts on the pass side are tough to get to because of the cats. I just used a universal joint behind the deep socket and a really long extension and was able to them off fairly easily. I did this before on my 00 GT so, I knew how to go about it. I got the bassani x on there finally. It was kind of hard with out any help. Fortunatly the bassani x comes in 4 pieces so I attached the pipes at the headers and then attached the x section after. The fit of the Bassani was awesome I wouldn't use anything else. I'll try and get the stock tails off tonight and get everything hooked back up and let her scream.....Cant wait. I haven't seen but one other Mach in my part of town, so when I drive mine, heads really turn.....:CHEERS:

Joe
Where did you buy from and how much? Did the x pipe have cats?

Joe
05-10-2003, 12:33 AM
hey Joe, I bought my X without cats from a local speed shop here in Denver. I bought the Cat-back from a guy on corral.net. I paid a total of $650 for both pieces, which is a good price for Bassani. Usually you can't find Bassani cat-back for less then $599 so i got a pretty killer deal on the 2. If you watch stangnet or corral classifieds someone will try to get rid of 1 every month or so.

I finished the cat-back install last night. Man am I sore today. Laying underneath the car for a few hours puts some hurt on a guy. Anyways, its a totally different sound from what i'm used to. The bassani X without cats is real raspy. I think i need to go to a muffler shop to have them tighten up all the connections. I couldn't get them tight enough laying under the car.

The car pull nice and smooth and hard now.Between 3-4k rpm's this baby pulls like an old big block. I love this motor vs. the 2v motor.

Joe

MachB1ue
05-11-2003, 12:32 PM
Sounds good man! That is the exact setup I want to go with. I know what you mean by that one bolt being a pain but if you use a long extension and a swivel-joint socket extension it comes off pretty easy with some good leverage. It also sounds like you got a killer deal on the system. You mind posting the part numbers of the two products?

Joe91898
05-11-2003, 09:46 PM
Thanks for the reply. I fiugre on leaving mine alone for the 1st year and then doing some mods by next spring. It's going to take me a while to recover form the hit my bank account is taking:)
Joe

Jc'S MaCh 1
05-11-2003, 11:55 PM
How ill you prevent the engine light from coming on?

Jc

MachB1ue
05-12-2003, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Jc'S MaCh 1
How ill you prevent the engine light from coming on?

Jc

Get O2 eliminators or burn a chip that cuts them off. Either way, it is pretty simple.

azurething
05-12-2003, 09:16 AM
http://www.bassani.com/default.cfm?fuseaction=Catalog.stainlessaft-cat

Has anyone put on the street competition aft-cat instead of the quiet thunder setup???if so how loud is it??

Joe
05-12-2003, 11:29 PM
Hey guys, I just drove the Mach into work this morning. I did use Dallas Mustang Mil Eliminators that I found from a guy on Ebay for $30 instead of the $59. There was a question about the street competition series from someone above, and I would be leary of going that way without cats. My set up is pretty loud. When I get into the throttle with the queit thunder and the catless x, it sounds like a bat out of hell. This is definetly not for the weak hearted. One thing i have noticed is that it is not as loud on the interior as the prochamber / flowmaster set up I had on my GT. I tried the baffles that comes with the cat back and it was too rattley with the catless x.

part numbers :
cat back:46995s same as 99-03 gt's
x pipe :bx46992

see ya
Joe:COOL:

azurething
05-13-2003, 09:11 AM
I was informed by Bassani today that there is no quiet thunder catback for the mustangs ,the one everyone is getting(46995s) is a version of the street competition.:COOL:

Joe
05-13-2003, 11:47 AM
Azurething, interesting infomation. If that is true that would explain why my cat back is so wicked sounding. What ever it is, I like it. I noticed tonight on my way home that between 2k rpm and 3k rpm it is kind of raspy, but past that, it plain ol just screams.

Joe

MachB1ue
05-13-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Joe
Azurething, interesting infomation. If that is true that would explain why my cat back is so wicked sounding. What ever it is, I like it. I noticed tonight on my way home that between 2k rpm and 3k rpm it is kind of raspy, but past that, it plain ol just screams.

Joe

Did you get the silencers for it? You may have the silencers in and not even know it.

Joe
05-13-2003, 11:58 AM
No man, its really obvious when the baffles are in the tails. You can see them plain as day. The first time I fired up the bassani i had them in and didn't like them. Because of the uncatted x i have it really rattled the baffles, and sounded kind of shitty. Also the big 3-1/2" tips look sweet without the baffles, much better than the puny rolled tips that it came with.

Joe:CHEERS:

MachB1ue
05-13-2003, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Joe
No man, its really obvious when the baffles are in the tails. You can see them plain as day. The first time I fired up the bassani i had them in and didn't like them. Because of the uncatted x i have it really rattled the baffles, and sounded kind of shitty. Also the big 3-1/2" tips look sweet without the baffles, much better than the puny rolled tips that it came with.

Joe:CHEERS:

I agree! I had the Bassani system on my 02 GT and absolutely loved it! I will definetly be doing the same to the Mach when money provides.

azurething
05-14-2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Joe

Joe

I guess i will be taking off the magna flows on mine now for the Bassani!

Hey Joe how about a sound clip of the Bassani reving and a o-100 dash:)

Joe
05-15-2003, 02:44 AM
Hey man, i'll try and get somekind of sound clips this weekend. I'm not sure how I can do it. I'll have to experiment with the video camera and computer. I only have 400 mi on it so far, so i've only taken it to 5k rpms once and man did it feel good. When I bought my 00GT it didn't really feel broke in until about 5k mi. That's when I really noticed it loosen up and pull harder.

See ya and keep machin'

Joe