PDA

View Full Version : aluminum shifter knob?

mufftang66
05-04-2003, 02:37 PM
hey i am brand new and i'm on the verge of getting a Mach 1. the one i looked at yesterday didnt have the aluminum shifter knob, it looked like the regular knob from a GT. what gives? is there something up here? i might be within two days of grabbing this car

03mach1
05-04-2003, 09:24 PM
Brochure
Look here on page 8 of 10 right column.
(Adobe Acrobat Reader Required)

http://www.mach1registry.com/photos/03mustang_brochure.pdf

Under the "INTERIOR UPGRADE PACKAGE"

It states, ("MACH 1 KEEPS ALUMINUM SHIFT KNOB")

Walt
05-04-2003, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by mufftang66
the one i looked at yesterday didnt have the aluminum shifter knob, it looked like the regular knob from a GT. what gives? is there something up here?

Yep, someone took the correct shifter knob, and substituted the GT knob. If you get truly interested in buying this Mach 1, insist the dealer puts the standard Mach 1 aluminum knob back.

Twister Special
05-05-2003, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Walt
Yep, someone took the correct shifter knob, and substituted the GT knob. If you get truly interested in buying this Mach 1, insist the dealer puts the standard Mach 1 aluminum knob back.

Mine was driven off the truck without a knob. I drove the car home without a knob. The dealer ordered one in. The way some dealers don't know what they have they could have put a gt one on. ask them to get a correct knob for you. and also make sure by checking the vin if this is a true mach 1. the way these are getting posed up. who knows? just a thought. good luck in getting your mach 1. :COOL:

mufftang66
05-05-2003, 02:35 AM
yes i did check the vin... it has the special R engine code. is there anything else to check to verify that it is a true Mach 1 from the factory? i'm fairly certain that it is

03mach1
05-05-2003, 05:05 AM
The window sticker should state it is a MACH 1.