PDA

View Full Version : Advices needed !

Swede
05-03-2003, 08:15 PM
Hi all
Since I don’t live in the States or Canada and this is my first ever US car I need some advices from the board members, I would like to buy a lot of stuff for my Mach1 over years to come but I have no clue what brand or so to stick with, I always though it is the best in the long run to go with one company (performance parts etc) as much as I can, so my question is :

Steeda
Saleen
Paul´s HP

Or any other company that you all advice me 2, but they need to be on the net so I can see what they got and big enough so they don’t disappear after a year or so.

Regards 2 all :)

Tom

Jc'S MaCh 1
05-04-2003, 12:39 AM
www.kennybrown.com

www.seanhylandmotorsport.com

My friends are lowal to these guys and they have been around for awhile and I don't think they are going anywhere neither.

Jc

Swede
05-04-2003, 01:14 AM
thxs Jc'S MaCh 1 :)

any more sites with stuff for Mach1? I need to order some things on monday-Tuesday so my parts and car will arrive at the same time.

Jc'S MaCh 1
05-04-2003, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by Swede
thxs Jc'S MaCh 1 :)

any more sites with stuff for Mach1? I need to order some things on monday-Tuesday so my parts and car will arrive at the same time.

What part of you looking for, each place has their specialty.

Jc

Swede
05-04-2003, 03:06 AM
I am thinking of almost anything that I can do without building a race car for only track use, this year when the car is new I start slow with shifter, springs, strut tower brace, some air kits, exhaust, weels tires, some cosmetics in and outside stuff etc etc, and next year :) get some speed on the weels

Tom

Jc'S MaCh 1
05-04-2003, 03:25 AM
I am thinking of almost anything that I can do without building a race car for only track use, this year when the car is new I start slow with shifter, springs, strut tower brace, some air kits, exhaust, weels tires, some cosmetics in and outside stuff etc etc, and next year :) get some speed on the weels

Tom

Here is my recommendation of where to get some fo your parts

Shifter= Steeda

Springs= Steeda ( they are made by Hypercoil)

Strut Tower Brace = Steeda

Air kit = I would just put a K&N... would waste my money on a CAI

Exhaust = Bassani off road X pipe with Bassani mufflers 3 inch

Cosmetics I would go steeda as well.

Yes I am a Steeda fan... I tried a few of their things and their support is awesome.

Jc

Swede
05-04-2003, 03:50 AM
:) Thxs Jc

Steeda it will be, I will write them a mail tomorrow and order some things.
Jc what shifter do you suggest I order?

Tom

Swede
05-04-2003, 03:57 AM

Tom

Jc'S MaCh 1
05-04-2003, 05:32 AM

Tom

There is only one that can fit our tranny, and that's the Tri-Ax T3650. I have tried the Pro 5.0 and the Tri-Ax. Tri-Ax has a more solid feel to it and yes you do hear a little more tranny noise but you will never miss the 2-3 shift... ever.... unless you forget to push in your clutch... ;)

I will try and get my contact at Steeda's e-mail. He can help you out. His name is Frank. I forget his last name though.

Jc

Swede
05-04-2003, 06:00 AM
many many thxs Jc :)

I have allready email a guy called Fred after reading your last post to me, I got he´s email from Steeda.com but if that guy dont repond me I will mess you Jc.

Tom

Brain
05-04-2003, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by Jc'S MaCh 1
...you will never miss the 2-3 shift... ever.... unless you forget to push in your clutch... ;)

Jc

Not true! I have the Tri-Ax and have missed 2-3 shift at the track. The locktite came loose on the shifter and my hand spun off the shifter ball causing me to miss my shift.:SMASH:

Posted 14.7@ ~95 MPH on that run!

Brain

brian
05-06-2003, 09:47 AM
look at jeffs and my 1/4 mile times and that will tell you, they would even be faster if we were not resticted by the factory stock rules in the nmra.pauls has been great to us.:COOL:

also my car is a daily driver, and it rides just fine and it has the power to eat those chevys up too.lol