PDA

View Full Version : No more stick shifts for me

FL Mach 1
05-03-2003, 04:09 PM
Well,

Looks like I might be in the market for an 04 Mach 1 automatic. Doc said no more sticks with my screwed up knee.

04Retro
05-03-2003, 04:10 PM
Sorry to hear it! But from the drag posts the auto seems just as quick!! Are you thinking "Orange"????

Mikestang
05-03-2003, 09:47 PM
I mentioned in your other post that I had surgery on my foot due to the fact I could not hit the clutch with out allot of pain. I know this is rash. But If you cant drive a stick there is something wrong.

What about surgery ? is there any you can have? I know its allot to go thru just for the fact you cant drive a stick. But life is long and automatics are boaring

Just a suggestion. I know it must suck !

Walt
05-03-2003, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by FL Mach 1
Doc said no more sticks with my screwed up knee.

Ohhhhh.... a medical expense.

badjoey
05-03-2003, 10:06 PM
he probably just wants your mach1.
but seriously that is too bad,i guess if i had no choice an auto would be good enough

bkeen
05-04-2003, 03:29 AM
Jerry's Ford in Annandale Va.

703-256-5000 Ehab Kandil

:THUMBSUP:

Jc'S MaCh 1
05-04-2003, 05:22 AM
Most of the classic fast 1/4 miles cars had 3 speed auto..... nothing wrong with that at all..... Your just not as tunned into the car but none the less it's a beast to be reconed with....

Dragman
05-04-2003, 05:45 AM
Tough it out!!!! I crushed/destroyed my left wrist 2 days before Xmas - 5 hour surgery day after Xmas. I had an external fixator on the wrist and seven pins/screws also. When I bought my Mach, I couldn't even put my left hand ON the steering wheel, let alone use it to drive. I bought my 5-spd knowing I would be one-handed for quite a while. Now the fixator is off, the pins are out and I'm in rehab 3 times a week and STILL can't steer the car with the hand. Hopefully I will be okay to use it in the next 2-3 months and plan on running Wed nite drags at Sears Pt this week. It's worth all the pain and suffering to be able to catch those gears at 6500 rpm and have a blast!!! Good luck with the knee, it WILL get better. (Sorry to pontificate!!)

FL Mach 1
05-04-2003, 11:54 AM
The doc said that as of right now he really wouldn't recommend surgery as he doesn't think it will improve my knee and might actually reduce the range of motion. He didn't say I could NEVER drive a stick again just highly unlikely. But definitely not for quite a while.

The **** nerve damage is the worst part right now. I can start to put weight on my leg but I can't move my foot cause I damaged the nerve that controls the ability to lift my foot up. So right now I am saddled with two braces a knee brace that is absolutely huge and a foot brace that holds my foot in position.

Actually I am starting to put some pressure on the body shop that has my 65 convertible which is an auto. I gotta at least have a Mustang I can drive.