PDA

View Full Version : Anybody get to test-dive a Mach 1

03SHKR
05-01-2003, 08:46 AM
How many people got to test-drive the 03 Mach 1 before they bought it? I mean real test-drive; without signing anything, first.

The Mach Says
05-01-2003, 09:01 AM
I did.... :D

That's why I ended up buying it! HEHEHEHE

The guy was cool............I wonder if that along with the fact that he gave me almost X-plan contributed to him no longer working there anymore?!?!?!? :??:

jc

The Judge
05-01-2003, 12:36 PM
NO! I WAS AT THE DEALERSHIP WHEN THE TRUCK DROVE UP. WHILE THE MACH WAS IN THE SERVICE DEPARTMENT I WAS SIGNING THE PAPERWORK. I DIDN'T NEED TO TEST DRIVE IT. I TEST DROVE THIS BABY IN MY DREAMS A BUNCH OF TIMES:) :HOPPY: :HOPPY:

Mach1Brit
05-01-2003, 11:49 PM
I test drove mine. Hilarious! It was just after the ice storm here in Dallas. We were close to agreeing a price. After about a 1/4 mile, we did. So I pulled a u-turn and declared, "if this is going to be mine, I'm not having it drive about with this sand on the roads!" and went straight back to the dealership. Must be the shortest test drive, that salesman ever had!

STICK
05-02-2003, 03:42 AM
I test drove a Red MACH1 in December that the dealer wanted me to buy. Turned around and reordered a BLACK MACH 1 from a different dealer who accepted X-Plan. Received new MACH 1 in March, and have yet to see another on the road. I drive up and down I-95 between NY and DC and nothing.

:THUMBSUP:

fastgta
05-02-2003, 02:17 PM
The dealership I where I bought mine was terrific! I had asked a salesman a couple of months before, when the Machs would be there. He called and said the truck had just come in. He told me if I wanted, he would have ready for me to test drive, a cobra,cobra conv., and of course the Mach. I knew from the beginning it would be the Mach. But, couldn't turn down the chance at driving the cobra's. They were all bad machines and I really enjoy my Mach.:D

1mach03
05-02-2003, 03:33 PM
Yes I test drove my all the way out the dealer ship and to my home. I called the dealer and they said they had one coming in and that it was on the train and lo and behold it ended up at the dealership and I took possesion of it. I guess you could say Im still test driving it as I have fun daily with my mach 1. Never a dull moment. april zavela the vettelady.:THUMBSUP:

badjoey
05-03-2003, 03:46 AM
no test drive here,just testing my patience waiting for it to show up

03Mach1Chick
05-03-2003, 10:34 AM
They let me test drive the car. I was the first and last one to test drive that car (other then the techs and 1 salesmen). I felt pretty special, but I think they new when I walked up I was going to take that car! ;)

TX MACH 1
05-03-2003, 10:53 AM
Thankfully I was the only one who got the "test drive" the car.
It had 2.3 miles on it when I drove it off the lot. Dealer wouldn't let anyone test the car, they even griped when I wanted to start it up.

I was the first and last one to test drive that car (other then the techs and 1 salesmen)

Sorry, but I hate to hear that the salesmen and tech's drove your car 1st. They didn't pay $30,000 like you or I to drive/own the car like us so what gives them special privelages to rag-on/"test" it before the owner does???

Sorry, dealer pissed me off today. Oh well. Thank God it's Friday :CHEERS:

~Erin

phatboysh
05-03-2003, 11:16 AM
We knew the owner of the dealer where mine was purchased, and he had 2 in, and one coming on a train. No one had "test driven" the car, but it had 10 or so miles on it. He said since he knew us hed give a test drive, but that wasn's required:D

Midnight
05-05-2003, 04:43 PM
I got to test drive mine but it was a "used car". I tihnk I scared the salesman.:D

mac44
05-06-2003, 01:45 AM
I had no trouble at all getting a test drive. I was talking to the sales manager about it, told him the price was nuts (5k over sticker), and that I wouldn't even consider it. He hadn't driven on either, so we took it out and ran it hard. I was somewhat suprised, but he went first and got on it heavy and often, so when he pulled into switch, I figured why not. After embarassing a coffee canned prelude, he says "good one". I was suprised at the suspension. It handles great, but was nowhere near jarring. Very nice ride.

Mac

03Mach1Chick
05-06-2003, 04:45 AM
When my car arrived at the dealership it already had 38 miles on it. It was a test car for Ford. Then every tech needs to drive each new car that comes in for the PDI, thats just part of the Pre-Delivery Inspection. So, all of your cars were drove by at least 1 person before you. ;)

Jc'S MaCh 1
05-06-2003, 05:25 AM
I wonder why our cars needed to be driven by a tech when the Cobra's and lightnings don't....

Jc

Darkhorse
05-06-2003, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by 03Mach1Chick
When my car arrived at the dealership it already had 38 miles on it. It was a test car for Ford. Then every tech needs to drive each new car that comes in for the PDI, thats just part of the Pre-Delivery Inspection. So, all of your cars were drove by at least 1 person before you. ;)

When you said every tech needs to drive every car that comes in for the PDI you don't mean every tech that works at the dealership gets a turn behind the wheel do you? I think I just misunderstood you. On a PDI only one dealership tech is permitted to drive the car and you can actually tell them not to do a PDI. I've done it many times and on my GT I saw it come off the truck and I didn't let them drive it and they gave me a voucher for gas.

Darkhorse
05-06-2003, 05:16 PM
dp

Chaucer
05-07-2003, 06:23 AM
I test drove both of the mach 1's I looked at before I bought one. The first one I test drove I was with a young guy about my age and when we pulled up to a stop light outside of town he looked over at me and said, "Why dont you see what its got?" I was like, "Really?" And he said, "Yea." So I let her rip. I was sold on getting a Mach 1 right after that. But what I failed to realize was that I had pulled up next to one of those Lightning trucks at the light. Well, when I tore off I guess the guy in the truck thought I wanted to race so after I slowed down he went flying by me. So for the next 7 miles back into town, that dude kept trying to get me to race him. hehe.