PDA

View Full Version : TVR 11/13 for the Machs.....What time to rally up?

Mister L
11-12-2005, 03:14 PM
To the OK Shakers, I've sent you an email with a link to this thread. What time does everyone want to rally up at the track? I don't want to do a lunch thing but do want to run my car. I'll check this thread later and before leaving tomorrow. We could meet at the Sonic in Noble and than travel as a group to the track if wanted.

tinbender
11-12-2005, 05:04 PM
I am considering eating lunch tomorrow with DH but if my friend doesn't go I will meet up with you all at Sonic or where ever instead. I am anxious to meet you all. I have a stock Mach and need to get ideas for mods.

White2003Mach1
11-12-2005, 05:28 PM
i'm open to ideas

5OhNA4.6
11-12-2005, 06:24 PM
Noble Sonic @ 12:30? Just lemme know. I'll be dragging Jennifer out with me also.

soonerjoe
11-12-2005, 07:06 PM
Noble Sonic @ 12:30? Just lemme know. I'll be dragging Jennifer out with me also.
Melanie and I will be going to tvr as well.. .Hopefully we will all get now personal best times...

Mustangdude
11-12-2005, 09:53 PM
I am considering eating lunch tomorrow with DH but if my friend doesn't go I will meet up with you all at Sonic or where ever instead. I am anxious to meet you all. I have a stock Mach and need to get ideas for mods.
Mods = catback, shifter, CAI, and midpipe - your choice of brand and in no particular order however that is the order I did mine. :yeh:
Then you can move into the next tier = springs, shocks/struts, camber/caster plates, tuner, PHP spacer, headers, and rear buildup.

Better not to start, once the mod bug bites there is no end to it. Just ask Marty. :LAUGH:

Mister L
11-12-2005, 11:17 PM
1230 at Sonic in Noble sounds good to me. Maybe I'll grab a sandwich there. Rob, you should ask Shannon to join us. You can smoke him! See you guys tomorrow.

Mustangdude
11-12-2005, 11:35 PM
1230 at Sonic in Noble sounds good to me. Maybe I'll grab a sandwich there. Rob, you should ask Shannon to join us. You can smoke him! See you guys tomorrow.
I already asked him to come. He went to the OU game today so I am not sure he will get a kitchen pass. I already have mine. :smokin:

Update: Good news. I got a voicemail from Shannon, he will be out there around 1:15 pm. Add a 97 Slobra to the victims list. :yeh:

White2003Mach1
11-12-2005, 11:39 PM

see you guys there............. :rolleyses

soonerjoe
11-13-2005, 08:41 PM
I just ran once today, but got a new best! 11.91@119.26

Mister L
11-13-2005, 08:54 PM
Great run there Soonerjoe. It was good to see you and the misses again.

I ran my best on 1 run. The other three sucked big time with a second gear missed shift on one, a third gear missed on another. My first with the new tires was a 13.6 and my tire pressure was at 14. My best of 4 runs:

R/T .212
60' 1.946
330' 5.320
1/8 8.138
MPH 87.29
1000' 10.57
1/4 12.62
MPH 109.84

I finally figured out how to launch. Line lock engaged, 4000 rpm with a slight chassis load and then hang on when the light turns green. I'm thrilled.........and want to do it again! My best 60' time was my second gear missed shift with a 1.859 for a 14.1/106.72mph. It was nice meeting Tinbinder and Rex from Tulsa. 4.30s with ET Streets on stock axles doesn't work. Terry Warren broke something and didn't get to run.
I'm off to Ft. Worth on Tuesday thru Thursday and taking the Mach. I might stop at HPP in Lewisville to check the tune on the dyno as well as check out Dallas Mustang. Maybe I can hook up and meet some Texas Mach folks! :gears:

soonerkid
11-13-2005, 09:01 PM
nice run you two! wish i could have ran my car, but couldn't get my dad to come down, so maybe next weekend i will. I guess i had high expectations for the mach stock, and was hoping for some good times, but most machs i saw were in the 14's, what was everyone else's time.?

soonerjoe
11-13-2005, 09:18 PM
Great run there Soonerjoe. It was good to see you and the misses again.

I ran my best on 1 run. The other three sucked big time with a second gear missed shift on one, a third gear missed on another. My first with the new tires was a 13.6 and my tire pressure was at 14. My best of 4 runs:

R/T .212
60' 1.946
330' 5.320
1/8 8.138
MPH 87.29
1000' 10.57
1/4 12.62
MPH 109.84

I finally figured out how to launch. Line lock engaged, 4000 rpm with a slight chassis load and then hang on when the light turns green. I'm thrilled.........and want to do it again! My best 60' time was my second gear missed shift with a 1.859 for a 14.1/106.72mph. It was nice meeting Tinbinder and Rex from Tulsa. 4.30s with ET Streets on stock axles doesn't work. Terry Warren broke something and didn't get to run.
I'm off to Ft. Worth on Tuesday thru Thursday and taking the Mach. I might stop at HPP in Lewisville to check the tune on the dyno as well as check out Dallas Mustang. Maybe I can hook up and meet some Texas Mach folks! :gears:

Hell yeah great run! Your car looked great tonight!

tinbender
11-13-2005, 09:35 PM
Yeah it was great to finally meet some of the Shakers. My best was a 14.1 but it was my first time to the strip (excuses, excuses). I will definatly go back. My first run was horrble, spun all the way the second and missed third.
My second was the best and also horrible and my third was almost as bad as my first run. :yes: I might try to go again next weekend weather permitting. I would like to at least get into the 13's.

White2003Mach1
11-13-2005, 09:51 PM
my best for today was my last, 13.6 @103.xx, i had been doing the dirt track move(sliding sideways )and making good MPH(104~105) but only running 14.0~14.1

now i guess i need to work on getting the rearend setup better for more/better traction
great runs joe and marty,and rob and phil
nice to meet terry and paul(tinbender)

marty and i had a nice "brisk" :3: drive north on sooner

soonerkid
11-13-2005, 09:55 PM
white2003mach1, what are the mods that you have done to your car and how did you launch, what did you shift at?

White2003Mach1
11-13-2005, 10:11 PM
bassani mid length headers,catted X magnaflow catback
PHP intake spacer,K&N cai, alum. DS, MRT shifter
H&R ss springs with koni shocks and M&M c&c plates
i tried launching around 3000 and shifting at 6200 but would spin REAL BAD in 2nd, tried short shifting(5700~5800) along with dropping air pressure in rear down to 21psi
and it seemed to help(some)
the HP is there, i just need to put it to the ground better(tires and gears)

Mister L
11-13-2005, 10:17 PM
I weighed mine before my first run. 3463 or something close to that with a half tank of gas, the spare tire and jack, front sway bar, lead weight on dif, two 2x6 blocks and a 4-way in the trunk. Of course I weigh 215 too. I need to go on a diet and see about lightening the load. Who knows, it might take a tenth off the et.

That was fun running on Sooner Rex. I swear there's more to your Mach than those mods indicated. It runs really strong. I think the Yellow V6 was intimidated by us tho! I wonder why Rob hasn't posted yet? And it's a good thing he didn't try my tires. He might of been trailering it home if he did.

White2003Mach1
11-13-2005, 10:27 PM
yeh.........but i was kinda busy watching my rearview mirror, i didn't want any surprises from that direction :12:

rob is the one we ought to be checking for "extras", he can't tell me the deleated swaybar and spare is that much of a help :secret:

and phil has some explaining too :bigeyes:

o4yellomach
11-13-2005, 10:28 PM
Glad to hear you made it in the 12s Marty. With some more track time you could get into the lower 12s. Wish i could have been there to run but was busy all day. Somehow my car made it down there but I wasnt driving. Great run Joe I guess i need to buy you a beer to celebrate the 11s.

soonerjoe
11-13-2005, 10:35 PM
Great run Joe I guess i need to buy you a beer to celebrate the 11s.
Yes you do! How is tomorrow after work?

o4yellomach
11-13-2005, 10:50 PM
Ive got a few things to do tomorrow. How about Wednesday?

OKMach1
11-13-2005, 10:55 PM
Sorry I missed out on the fun today. I'm really anxious to see what Maggie will do. I got to spend my day on a +/- 600 mile round trip to the Texas Panhandle taking the kids back to their mother. Congratulations Joey and Marty...sounds like you had some good runs. Hopefully I can make the next GTG.

Kevin

Mustangdude
11-13-2005, 11:10 PM
Great run Marty. I knew that car had 12s in, just needed to find the driver. :23: Had a great time today and got to meet a few new Shakers. Too bad about the dude with the red Mach. First time to the track and went with MT ET d/r and broke the rear.

I got 5 runs several 13.6s and a 13.5. Best run:

R/T .058
60' 2.169
330 5.786
1/8 8.745
MPH 83.58
1000 11.290
1/4 13.437
mph 105.37

I was really hoping for some low 13s but I don't guess I am going to get there on Gatorbacks. Can't wait to get some d/r after I get the rear built this winter.

DavidMach03
11-13-2005, 11:43 PM
Nice runs guys. I really wanted to make it out today, but got tied up doing some work for my dad.

The new tires and gears are going in in 2 weeks, so I will be going out there the first chance I get. Hopefully I can better my time of high 13's.

Let me know of any more gtg's, really want to meet some more of the mach owners.

Mustangdude
11-14-2005, 12:28 AM
rob is the one we ought to be checking for "extras", he can't tell me the deleated swaybar and spare is that much of a help :secret:

:butt:

Were you referring to that hidden bottle of NAWS? haha :23:

Nothing other than my superior driving skilz and the bolt-ons you already know about (CAI, midpipe, catback, and shifter) In addition, I had removed the spare, jack,and swaybar) I also had an ice chest and a 4 way in the car. I weighed it after my first run with a full tank of gas = 3360. Add another 170 for me and we are at 3530 lbs.

soonerjoe
11-14-2005, 08:54 AM
Thanks for the compliment Kevin. I can't wait to see what your beast will do.

Travis, Wednesday is good for me!

soonerjoe
11-14-2005, 08:59 AM
:butt:

Were you referring to that hidden bottle of NAWS? haha :23:

Nothing other than my superior driving skilz and the bolt-ons you already know about (CAI, midpipe, catback, and shifter) In addition, I had removed the spare, jack,and swaybar) I also had an ice chest and a 4 way in the car. I weighed it after my first run with a full tank of gas = 3360. Add another 170 for me and we are at 3530 lbs.
What did you end up running?

10mmPhil
11-14-2005, 12:02 PM
and phil has some explaining too :bigeyes:

I had a new best time on my 1st of 2 runs on "bald-eagle" gatorback tires.
I'm still bone stock with spare tire, etc.

R/T .087
60' 2.183
330 5.886
1/8 8.908
MPH 81.90
1000 11.481
1/4 13.686
mph 103.83

My second run was a red lighting, tire boiling 14.15
The mach is a difficult car to launch.
Too little rpm and you bog, too much and you boil the tires.

My main complaint with TVR is you can't keep your tires dry
by going around the water in the burnout-box.
(my first run was dry, second one was not)

Allways fun meeting with the Shakers, and seeing some new mach guys.

OSUALUM78
11-14-2005, 04:31 PM
Sorry I couldn't make it to TVR all. I so want to meet the rest of the OK Shakers. It sounds like everyne had a good time, and more importantly made it out safely, so congrats to all that went.

On a negative note, Saturday night, while at the movies with my GF, I parked way out far away from the entrance like I always do so I can avoid other people's stupidity, and I even took up four parking spots so no one else could even park near me, and some d***less, ignorant, no repsect having, no balls, p***y faced, loser, got my car. It seemed intentional too. I now have a little over a 1/2 inch gash on my passenger door, and it is all the way down to the metal, but there is no dent damage though. Ugggghhhh! Needless to say, I am thinking about getting a handgun and my conceal license so I can bust a cap and make these disrespectful people go away for good. I don't care if you don't respect your property, but have repsect other people's property. So soon I will be pimping a rental, while mine gets a new coat on. Oh the joy on spending money when I didn't need to before, and I get to drive a slow POS f***ing rental car too. Yeah.

Mister L
11-14-2005, 06:10 PM
Man, I feel your pain. Seems a couple of us Mach boys are catching some heat. Terry Warren broke his left rear axle at TVR trying a dry burn after the water burn. His carrier has the remnants of his axle where the c-clip holds it in. He's replacing everything with Ford Racing 31 splines and Trac Loc carrier.

Ruben Albinez, the guy I met at Shawnee, visited me Saturday night at the airport and was anxious to meet everyone on Sunday at TV. 2 miles from the airport his Mach was rearended and shoved 25 feet forward and his son received neck injuries.

And now a gouge in another nice Mach. I agree, people should show more respect and it seems the more you make it "non-accessible" the more they want to mess with it. It's sad to say the least. Again, sorry to hear the bad stories.

soonerjoe
11-14-2005, 06:41 PM
And now a gouge in another nice Mach. I agree, people should show more respect and it seems the more you make it "non-accessible" the more they want to mess with it. It's sad to say the least. Again, sorry to hear the bad stories.

People are total dicks sometimes... I never take up more than one spot just b/c of that. I ussually park at the end of the rows so that I can park way over to one side w/o grabbing too much attention. I am sorry your car got messed up. That guy deserves a major *** kicking!

03BlkMachOne
11-15-2005, 08:54 AM
D@mn Zac, that does suck big time. I know exactly what you mean. I never take mine to a parking lot unless I am going to be in the store 10 mins or less. If going to eat or shop, we take my wife's Toyota or the pick up. BTW, anyone want to buy an '04 F150 Ext Cab? :D

Hang in there and get her fixed at a good place. I like Bethal Body Shop in B.A. Did me a great job on my '65 when it rolled into a parked car. Are you driving the rental now?

OSUALUM78
11-15-2005, 11:14 AM
Nope, not in a rental yet, but soon. I have to call up my insurance and have them come look at it, and I also have to also get the minor hail damage fixed at the same time, as well as some other paint blemishes. I figure, I'll take it in and have it coming out new like it just rolled out of Dearborn, which the car hasn't looked that way since. At least it will be looking better after all of this is done. Thanks for the sympathies all.

OSUALUM78
11-15-2005, 11:18 AM
D@mn Zac, that does suck big time. I know exactly what you mean. I never take mine to a parking lot unless I am going to be in the store 10 mins or less. If going to eat or shop, we take my wife's Toyota or the pick up. BTW, anyone want to buy an '04 F150 Ext Cab? :D

Hang in there and get her fixed at a good place. I like Bethal Body Shop in B.A. Did me a great job on my '65 when it rolled into a parked car. Are you driving the rental now?

When I got hail damage earlier in April, I had it repaired at Fox Collision at the Bob Hurley dealership. The did a sub-par job IMO, but since they are incahoots with my insurance carrier, it is warrantied for the life of the car or something like that. Anyways James, thanks for the suggestion, I'll check them out.

mstangfrk95gts
11-16-2005, 02:42 AM
14.000 at 106 mph...

spinning all the way....i had to get out of it a couple times each run.