PDA

View Full Version : Some pictures of my wheels..

LAMYMACH1
11-11-2005, 12:21 PM
I posted them before..but without the new center caps.

Here they are .

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/16899/110705_mach_front.jpg

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/16899/110705_mach_saleen_rim.jpg

AMUZED3437
11-11-2005, 01:23 PM
Nice, Josh! Are you coming out to HRP tonight? I think Jester and John are going to be there. See the thread in the regional forum.

LAMYMACH1
11-11-2005, 02:46 PM
Nice, Josh! Are you coming out to HRP tonight? I think Jester and John are going to be there. See the thread in the regional forum.
I can't. I got the kiddo tonight. But I'm looking to go sunday evening.

I'll post up if I go.

I need to try out my new gears.

I just went down to 3:73's, from 4:10s.

Getting the car set up for the supercharger. :hail1:

New Mach
11-11-2005, 09:05 PM
I like the Saleen wheels a lot. I wanted to go with silver wheels just like you, because I don't think chrome goes well with competition orange. I do however think chrome goes nice with DSG, but I don't blame you for not taking on the extra wieght.

An S281 rear spoiler should would look nice with those wheels. :yes:

Michael

Marks04DSG
11-11-2005, 09:20 PM
Like those wheels alot. I have an 04 DSG also and have been thinking of Saleens, mind telling how much they ran you and what sizes front & rear wheels and tires are?? Oh yeah and how much do the wheels weigh?

Thanks much, I'd post pics of mine but it's totally stock appearing DSG but have noticed some fresh nicks on my wheels that really p!!!!!!!ses me off, especially when I never park next to anyone. Must have beeen unlucky the last time I was on the freeway.

Thanks

New Mach
11-11-2005, 09:39 PM
Mark,

You can buy knockoff wheels (18 x 9 and 18x 10's) for about $400 per set on ebay, just do search with "Mustang Wheels 18."

They weigh 31 lbs each painted and 34 lbs each in chrome. I think I'd eat the few pounds in favor of chrome, as they would look very nice on that DSG of yours. :worship:

Michael

JusMachN
11-11-2005, 10:01 PM
Love the center caps!

LAMYMACH1
11-14-2005, 11:51 AM
These are actual saleen rims.

18x9" all the way around. but as you know, they are made specifically for the rear and front, as they come with a back spacing from saleen. I don't know if the knock off ones do that.

245's in the front and 275's in the rear.

They are heavier than your stock rims, but not by too much.

I bought the saleen rims used for 500.00. He was in a wrech and got some back from the insurance. 3 are brand new and one is used. I found the reciept for one wheel from saleen!!! 398.00 for one rim!!!!

Hope this helps.

And the wheel center cap is just a sticker.

www.fordpower.net store and order them there for like 18 dollars. I think they came out really well.

Marks04DSG
11-15-2005, 12:05 AM

18x9" all the way around. but as you know, they are made specifically for the rear and front, as they come with a back spacing from saleen. I don't know if the knock off ones do that.

I bought the saleen rims used for 500.00. He was in a wrech and got some back from the insurance. 3 are brand new and one is used. I found the reciept for one wheel from saleen!!! 398.00 for one rim!!!!

Hope this helps.

www.fordpower.net store and order them there for like 18 dollars. I think they came out really well.

Yea the stickers are really creative and look great. I just know those silversaleen wheels will be almost maitenance free and won't fall victim to rock chips like the Mach1's, plus they still match the car pretty nice. Thanks for the info.

Marks04DSG
11-15-2005, 12:08 AM
Mark,

You can buy knockoff wheels (18 x 9 and 18x 10's) for about $400 per set on ebay, just do search with "Mustang Wheels 18."

They weigh 31 lbs each painted and 34 lbs each in chrome. I think I'd eat the few pounds in favor of chrome, as they would look very nice on that DSG of yours. :worship:

Michael

Ok I will, thanks for the headsup. Just took some pics of my mach today and should be getting the CD tommorrow and then I can upload a pic finally.

mach1joey
12-09-2005, 05:08 PM

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info. I just ordered my decals for my new black deep dish bullit wheels.