PDA

View Full Version : brake dust

Mikestang
04-30-2003, 10:50 AM
How is every one cleaning the inside of the rim behind the spokes

The best way i have been able to get everything clean is to do three sections at at time and then roll the car so you can clean the area that is easy to get at. This takes a little patience and it is time consuming.

Black42R
04-30-2003, 10:53 AM
Castrol Degreaser and a pressure washer. Then shine it up with some glass cleaner.

FordFanForever
04-30-2003, 11:09 AM
I just got done doing this for a up coming car show. But what I did was actually take off each rim (wanted to clean wheel well area for the show) and cleaned the inset. I just used meguiers deep crystal car wash soap.

bkeen
04-30-2003, 11:48 AM
:THUMBSUP: :THUMBSUP: :THUMBSUP: :THUMBSUP:

Mustang Matt
04-30-2003, 08:42 PM
Along the same lines...

Does anybody have bad rust spots/drip marks on the painted part of the rotor? Maybe I wash my car too often, I don't know, but the rust will not come off. I've tried using Simple Green, but didn't want to risk using something else and causing brake problems.

badjoey
05-01-2003, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by Mustang Matt
Along the same lines...

Does anybody have bad rust spots/drip marks on the painted part of the rotor? Maybe I wash my car too often, I don't know, but the rust will not come off. I've tried using Simple Green, but didn't want to risk using something else and causing brake problems.
matt, mine are the same the only solution i can best figure is to take off the wheels and repaint them