PDA

View Full Version : Hello all OK Shakers

OSUALUM78
10-12-2005, 12:22 PM
Hello all OK Shakers. Yes I am a little slow on things. I used to just post on mustangmach1.org, but in the calm of the wake, I decided to go ahead and be on here too. Life just gets too busy sometimes, especially to be on too many mustang sites to keep up with. Anyways, I just thought that I would say hello, so "hello" and keep on Machin!

PS- If anyone wants to get together in Tulsa say like once a month at a Sonic or something, let get it organized. I would love to be able to hang out with fellow Machers here in Tulsa like once a month.

PSS- OK Shakers. When is the next meeting and where? Keep me updated to this email address: zacharykaro@hotmail.com, instead of my zac@staftek.com.

Thanks,
OSUALUM78
(Zac)

:worship:

soonerkid
10-12-2005, 04:07 PM
WELCOME, i dont know when the next gathering is, and i dont live in tulsa, but glad you are on this site now.

OSUALUM78
10-12-2005, 04:26 PM
WELCOME, i dont know when the next gathering is, and i dont live in tulsa, but glad you are on this site now.

thanks soonerkid and :CHEERS:

:yeh:

soonerkid
10-12-2005, 04:59 PM
haha, i hope those drinks are root beer floats lol, i'm only 17!!

White2003Mach1
10-12-2005, 07:29 PM
welcome................
there are a few mach1 owners in tulsa that are active, killer55,warp 1,oklamach1 03 to name a few

OSUALUM78
10-12-2005, 08:43 PM
haha, i hope those drinks are root beer floats lol, i'm only 17!!

Yes, only the best rootbeer from Weber's.

OSUALUM78
10-12-2005, 08:46 PM
welcome................
there are a few mach1 owners in tulsa that are active, killer55,warp 1,oklamach1 03 to name a few

thanks White2003Mach1 for the welcoming

Mustangdude
10-12-2005, 09:04 PM
Glad to see you make it over here Zac. There are going to be several of us out at the Ford vs. Buick shootout at Thunder Valley in Noble on the 29th. Unfortunately, that is the same day as homecoming so I am not sure my wife and kids are going to let me sneak off to go racing. :notsure:

Rob

OKMach1
10-12-2005, 09:30 PM
Welcome to the boards. I live in Cushing so I get over to Tulsa quite a bit when I'm home. I work a 28 days on/28 days off job in the Middle East (there now...isn't the internet great) so I'm only around about half the time. I'm supposed to be back in the States the first part of November and am scheduled to take the Mach to HPP Racing in Texas to get a custom chip burned after the most recent mods. Maybe we can set up something in Tulsa after that.

Kevin

5OhNA4.6
10-12-2005, 11:23 PM
Welcome Zac. Glad to have ya.

Maybe when Kevin gets back we can try to make another Tulsa trip. Hopefully i'll make it past I-35 this time.

OSUALUM78
10-13-2005, 10:57 AM
Glad to see you make it over here Zac. There are going to be several of us out at the Ford vs. Buick shootout at Thunder Valley in Noble on the 29th. Unfortunately, that is the same day as homecoming so I am not sure my wife and kids are going to let me sneak off to go racing. :notsure:

Rob

Yup, I finally made it. There is just toomuch technology to keep up with sometimes. I'll try and make it on the 29th, but no racing for me, as my Mach is still basically stock. I do not plan to run it, until I get some relatively cheap and fast mods like short throw, NGK plugs, underdrive pulleys, PHP intake spacer, etc. But I still would liek to attend and meet everyone. Can you call me sometime at your conveinence Rob? Thanks, Zac

OSUALUM78
10-13-2005, 11:01 AM
Welcome to the boards. I live in Cushing so I get over to Tulsa quite a bit when I'm home. I work a 28 days on/28 days off job in the Middle East (there now...isn't the internet great) so I'm only around about half the time. I'm supposed to be back in the States the first part of November and am scheduled to take the Mach to HPP Racing in Texas to get a custom chip burned after the most recent mods. Maybe we can set up something in Tulsa after that.

Kevin

K, cool. Just hit me up anytime (and that goes for anyone else in the OK shakers list that wants to meet up here in Tulsa). My number is on the OK Shakers list. That is my cell number. If I do not answer (yes I call screen any incoming call), just leave me a message (include your contact number) and I will call you back, then we'll meet up.
:cool:

OSUALUM78
10-13-2005, 11:05 AM
Welcome Zac. Glad to have ya.

Maybe when Kevin gets back we can try to make another Tulsa trip. Hopefully i'll make it past I-35 this time.

Thanks for the welcome. Yup going past 35 is tricky from what I hear. Hey, anyone is welcome to come to Tulsa, planned or unplanned, just give me a call and let me know what's up. I am always down to hang out with friendly people that have the same interests as me.

:mrt: that does not drive a Mach!

03BlkMachOne
10-13-2005, 01:20 PM
Welcome to the site Zac.

There are 3 or 4 of us here in Tulsa that would be willing to meet up at the Sonic or another place. Weather permitting, I will be at the South Peoria Sonic this Saturday after 4:30. Stop by if you get a chance and say hi and that goes for anyone in the area.

James Russell

OSUALUM78
10-13-2005, 01:34 PM
Welcome to the site Zac.

There are 3 or 4 of us here in Tulsa that would be willing to meet up at the Sonic or another place. Weather permitting, I will be at the South Peoria Sonic this Saturday after 4:30. Stop by if you get a chance and say hi and that goes for anyone in the area.

James Russell

Fo Sho I'll be there. But South Peoria Sonic being where? I's like to meet at the Brookside Sonic on Sat. What do you think? I have to help a friend move on Sat, but I'll try to be where ever at 4:30. I live at 31st and Riverside, so that Sonic on Brookside is just a 2nd gear drive away from me. I think this Sat is supposed to be nice weather, but who knows, I don't trust the weatherman in OK.

:smokin:

03BlkMachOne
10-13-2005, 01:39 PM
Fo Sho I'll be there. But South Peoria Sonic being where? I's like to meet at the Brookside Sonic on Sat. What do you think? I have to help a friend move on Sat, but I'll try to be where ever at 4:30. I live at 31st and Riverside, so that Sonic on Brookside is just a 2nd gear drive away from me. I think this Sat is supposed to be nice weather, but who knows, I don't trust the weatherman in OK.

:smokin:

That's the one Zac.

I once referred to it as the Brookside Sonic and people did not know what I was talking about. Since I am >55, I may talk of things from the past, but I can adjust. See you Saturday. :CHEERS:

OSUALUM78
10-13-2005, 01:53 PM
That's the one Zac.

I once referred to it as the Brookside Sonic and people did not know what I was talking about. Since I am >55, I may talk of things from the past, but I can adjust. See you Saturday. :CHEERS:

What local people do not know about Brookside? I've always know about it to be called Brookside and none else. Bring that >55 lingo. I can hang. See you Sat too. Oh and last Sat I drove thru (b/c there was no spots to park at) and I saw an Oxford in the church lot next to the Sonic. Lets get them all there and either park at the church or across by the Weber's. Whatcha think? Do you wanna email all the OK Shakers for an invite or should I?

:hail1:

03BlkMachOne
10-13-2005, 06:28 PM
What local people do not know about Brookside? I've always know about it to be called Brookside and none else. Bring that >55 lingo. I can hang. See you Sat too. Oh and last Sat I drove thru (b/c there was no spots to park at) and I saw an Oxford in the church lot next to the Sonic. Lets get them all there and either park at the church or across by the Weber's. Whatcha think? Do you wanna email all the OK Shakers for an invite or should I?

:hail1:

Sounds good to me. Weber's would be best. You can see better from there. Send out the invite and some may come from the OKC area.

There is one guy that lives in Owasso that has a Blue '03 that I invited. His gf has a Red '04. Maybe both will come. Your favorite team is playing my favorite team Sat at 6pm. Maybe we can all go to a sports bar and watch the game. I think there is a big sports bar on So. Peroia somewhere, isn't there?

OSUALUM78
10-13-2005, 11:19 PM
Sounds good to me. Weber's would be best. You can see better from there. Send out the invite and some may come from the OKC area.

There is one guy that lives in Owasso that has a Blue '03 that I invited. His gf has a Red '04. Maybe both will come. Your favorite team is playing my favorite team Sat at 6pm. Maybe we can all go to a sports bar and watch the game. I think there is a big sports bar on So. Peroia somewhere, isn't there?

Okay, no problem. I am going to email everyone tomorrow a.m. that has not read this thread, or not responded to us in this thread, etc., so they all can be invited. Weber's is cool to me. Just North of the building in the parking spots that face Sonic is where I'll be. Don't forget chairs if yo enjoy sitting as much as I do, or people can sit on the concrete Weber's benches, but I'll notify people jst in case they are not in the know abot Weber's in my email tomorrow about possibly wanting to bring chairs too. Invite as many Mach's as you want. The more the merrier. My fav team being OSU, yours being A&M? Go Cowboys! Yeah sports bar at 6pm would be cool with me. I'll probably be there at Weber's a little early to grab some burgers, as I think that Weber's closes at 5 pm. As for sports bars on Brookside, there isn't a sports bar by definition (lots of big screen tvs), but there is Brookside Bar, Brook Peoria, Crow Creek, Smitty's and may be one or two more bars that will have tv or two to watch the game at. Sound good?

:gears:

03BlkMachOne
10-13-2005, 11:49 PM
Okay, no problem. I am going to email everyone tomorrow a.m. that has not read this thread, or not responded to us in this thread, etc., so they all can be invited. Weber's is cool to me. Just North of the building in the parking spots that face Sonic is where I'll be. Don't forget chairs if yo enjoy sitting as much as I do, or people can sit on the concrete Weber's benches, but I'll notify people jst in case they are not in the know abot Weber's in my email tomorrow about possibly wanting to bring chairs too. Invite as many Mach's as you want. The more the merrier. My fav team being OSU, yours being A&M? Go Cowboys! Yeah sports bar at 6pm would be cool with me. I'll probably be there at Weber's a little early to grab some burgers, as I think that Weber's closes at 5 pm. As for sports bars on Brookside, there isn't a sports bar by definition (lots of big screen tvs), but there is Brookside Bar, Brook Peoria, Crow Creek, Smitty's and may be one or two more bars that will have tv or two to watch the game at. Sound good?

:gears:

Ok by me.

What I had in mind for your favorite team was Kansas and mine being OU because my son (an OSU alum) says he has 2 fav teams. OSU and the team playing OU. Anyway, watching a fb gm afterwards would be great.

See you on Sat.

OSUALUM78
10-14-2005, 10:52 AM
Ok by me.

What I had in mind for your favorite team was Kansas and mine being OU because my son (an OSU alum) says he has 2 fav teams. OSU and the team playing OU. Anyway, watching a fb gm afterwards would be great.

See you on Sat.

Oh, well yes, actually since I am an OSU alum, any team that plays OU would be my second fav team, but to negate what I just said, I also try to favor any team that is in OK above others. I try to support my team, OSU, then any OK team, then the Big 12, etc. But yes, Kansas might actually have a fighting chance to beat OU. On Weber's, their coupons int he phone book state that they clsoe at 5pm, but I just called them, and those coupons were not updated, they close at 9 pm. So I will probably be there around 4-4:30ish. Yup, can do on watching the game after Weber's meeting. I am getting ready to email everyone on the list.

:mrt: that does not drive a Mach!

Mister L
10-14-2005, 06:11 PM
Zac, got your invite in my email this afternoon. Would love to make it to Tulsa tomorrow but my Mach is still at the dealer getting a rear-end rebuild. When the mechanic changed my carrrier and installed the new gears he didn't put lock tite on the threads and a bolt came out of the ring gear when I nailed second gear. Big bang and colorful metaphors from my lips and even tho the dealer said the Ford Racing parts were not warratied, they would warranty their labor. I called today and my parts are on order. I asked what the bill was going to be and they told me they would cover it. Gotta love it! But next time, I'll do my best to make it. My goal now is to get some ET Streets before the 29th.

5OhNA4.6
10-15-2005, 05:55 AM
Zac, got your invite in my email this afternoon. Would love to make it to Tulsa tomorrow but my Mach is still at the dealer getting a rear-end rebuild. When the mechanic changed my carrrier and installed the new gears he didn't put lock tite on the threads and a bolt came out of the ring gear when I nailed second gear. Big bang and colorful metaphors from my lips and even tho the dealer said the Ford Racing parts were not warratied, they would warranty their labor. I called today and my parts are on order. I asked what the bill was going to be and they told me they would cover it. Gotta love it! But next time, I'll do my best to make it. My goal now is to get some ET Streets before the 29th.

Mine goes back to OPA on Wed. I have determined that the noise is coming from the gears, and not a tire or any onther moving part outside of the case. I took it by my regular mechanic and he seemed to think that the pinion depth was not set properly. John is of the opinion that the crush sleeve may have gotten boogered up, causing some freeplay. The mechanic @ OPA is going to go back in and re-do them. Hopefully he will be able to diagnose the problem quickly and can eliminate the noise; finally bringing this whole rear end disaster to an end.

Zac, unfortunately I wont be able to make it up there today. You all enjoy yourselves. I'll manage to get there eventually.

Rob, I am working an off-duty gig from 2-6pm. I may head down to Crossroads later on in the evening depending on how tired I am.

-Kyle

Warp1
10-15-2005, 10:37 PM
Well, we had a good time. To bad some of you guys didn't make it, but it was nice to meet the ones who did. :yeh:

You guys would not believe what happened to me on the way home from the meet! I'll give you two hints: Camaro SS, and GTO Judge. Yeah baby! :yeh:

Let's just say it was a fun drive. :)

DigDoug
10-16-2005, 12:57 AM
LOL...did you see those two jacka$$es that left with me? Is that the same ones you are talking about?

Was good meeting everyone that was there. Glad I could add a little color to the group. :)

Looking forward to next time.

-Doug

OSUALUM78
10-17-2005, 10:58 AM

No problem. I know it was short notice for you OKC Machers, so I did not expect very many to show up, even if your Mach was running. We'll have to meet up for a cruise sometime before winter though. Sorry to hear about the neglegence on your Mach, but at least they are handling it properly.

OSUALUM78
10-17-2005, 11:04 AM
Well, we had a good time. To bad some of you guys didn't make it, but it was nice to meet the ones who did. :yeh:

You guys would not believe what happened to me on the way home from the meet! I'll give you two hints: Camaro SS, and GTO Judge. Yeah baby! :yeh:

Let's just say it was a fun drive. :)

Camaro SS? GTO Judge? I only hope that you saw those cars in your rear view mirror :3:

I had a good time too. The rest of you all missed out. It was great to meet you Warp1 (Joel), 03BlkMachOne (James), and DigDoug (Doug)! We need to do it again. I am going to try to be at Backyard on evening 10/18, if anyone else wants to join. But we need to set up a meet so we can cruise with all of the OKC Mach's too. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

:stupid:

03BlkMachOne
10-17-2005, 01:22 PM
LOL...did you see those two jacka$$es that left with me? Is that the same ones you are talking about?

Was good meeting everyone that was there. Glad I could add a little color to the group. :)

-Doug

Glad you came by and added the Yellow to the Black. I enjoyed meeting you and Zac. I had met Joel at a Tulsa Dyno session last year and it was good to see him again.

Let's keep this going as well as trying to add people. I will be at the Sonic next Sat too. Maybe we can move over to Memoial after the sun goes down, or at least cruise it a couple of times.

"You guys would not believe what happened to me on the way home from the meet! I'll give you two hints: Camaro SS, and GTO Judge. Yeah baby!

Let's just say it was a fun drive.

Ok Joel, I am ready to hear the story. Maybe you can save it for our next mtg. :)

Warp1
10-19-2005, 07:52 PM
Glad you came by and added the Yellow to the Black. I enjoyed meeting you and Zac. I had met Joel at a Tulsa Dyno session last year and it was good to see him again.

Let's keep this going as well as trying to add people. I will be at the Sonic next Sat too. Maybe we can move over to Memoial after the sun goes down, or at least cruise it a couple of times.

"You guys would not believe what happened to me on the way home from the meet! I'll give you two hints: Camaro SS, and GTO Judge. Yeah baby!

Let's just say it was a fun drive.

Ok Joel, I am ready to hear the story. Maybe you can save it for our next mtg. :)

:) Yeah, I'll have to tell you guys next time. It'll give me something to talk about if there's no awesome cars going by. :yeh:

Warp1
10-19-2005, 08:00 PM

-Doug

I'm not sure if it was the same two or not. I didn't really get to see who was around when you left. We'll figure it out next time we all get together. :yeh: