PDA

View Full Version : buick vs ford

o4yellomach
10-10-2005, 09:44 PM
Whos going and whos going to represent ford. We could use all the 12 and 13 second cars we can get, this is where buick beat us last year.

Mustangdude
10-10-2005, 11:32 PM
I plan on being there. :yeh:

5OhNA4.6
10-11-2005, 01:28 AM
They ought to know better than to schedule this during huntin season!

I'll be in the woods of SE Oklahoma with a black powder rifle in my hands. I'll be with you all in spirit though.

Mister L
10-11-2005, 11:15 PM
What's the date? Right now my rear end is broke and the car is back at the dealer. One of the ring gear bolts came out of the ring gear and .................you know what happens inside all those moving parts! Thread lock WAS NOT used on the install. I'm hoping Ford will warranty their work. We'll see.

o4yellomach
10-12-2005, 10:34 PM
The date is sat. Oct 29 th

OSUALUM78
10-19-2005, 05:21 PM
Whos going and whos going to represent ford. We could use all the 12 and 13 second cars we can get, this is where buick beat us last year.

I am going to try to be there, but only to meet everyone. I really do not want to run my Mach since I have no short throw or drag radials yet.

o4yellomach
10-19-2005, 07:06 PM
you dont need drag radials or a short throw. Who cares what you run. Last year they beat us pretty bad and it was due to the lack of 13 second fords. So i think you should run you will have a great time.

OSUALUM78
10-20-2005, 10:58 AM
you dont need drag radials or a short throw. Who cares what you run. Last year they beat us pretty bad and it was due to the lack of 13 second fords. So i think you should run you will have a great time.

What are the requirements to run? Such as safety requirments or other prerequisites? Make back tires are really bald, so I guess it wouldn't hurt me any to smoke them more, he he :gears:

o4yellomach
10-20-2005, 01:21 PM
seatbelt and battary strap. Your car is ready to run. You should come on down and run.

OSUALUM78
10-20-2005, 01:33 PM
seatbelt and battary strap. Your car is ready to run. You should come on down and run.

Well I am definately going to try to be there. But running is another thing. I've got the seatbelt. In fact I think my car came with 4 seatbelts :smack: As far as a battery strap I don't know. I've never actually paid any attention to my battery, so someone else would be able to tell me better if the Mach comes with a battery strap in stock form? But, we'll see if you'll can talk me into running my Mach :yeh:

FYI - I have no track experience at all

Mustangdude
10-20-2005, 10:30 PM
The car came from the factory with a battery strap. Unless you or the previous owner removed it (and I can't image why they would) you are golden. :ANGEL:

mstangfrk95gts
10-21-2005, 12:03 AM
dont be so sure, depending on who is running tech, the sometimes factory one is ok sometimes they want a real hold down bracket.

Mustangdude
10-21-2005, 12:23 AM
I have only been out on TNTs but their tech check on those nights was nothing more than a quick 10 second peek under the hood and check for mufflers.

OSUALUM78
10-21-2005, 11:59 AM
The car came from the factory with a battery strap. Unless you or the previous owner removed it (and I can't image why they would) you are golden. :ANGEL:

Rob, shouldn't you have ended the above with a :10: instead of the :ANGEL: ?

:23: :23:

o4yellomach
10-27-2005, 11:47 PM
So whos going to be running. I hope im not the only one running a Mach.

Mustangdude
10-27-2005, 11:51 PM
I plan on being there Travis. I am still on Skaterbacks so I will probably only be good for mid 13s.

Marty will be there as well as long as he gets his car out of the shop. Cooper completed the rear rebuild but had a terrible howl and he took it back. He now has MT ET d/r. I believe my buddy Shannon with his 97 Cobra will be out there as well.

OKMach1
10-28-2005, 01:35 AM
I wish I were in the States and able to make it. I've GOTTA get Maggie to the strip after I get back from my trip to HPP in Texas for a tune on November 7. Good luck guys.

Kevin

5OhNA4.6
10-28-2005, 06:33 AM
I'll be leaving for the woods of SE Oklahoma tommorow afternoon. I got sweet little innocent animals I need to kill. Good luck to all of you runnin your Machs. I hope someone is able to take video. Cya.

-Kyle

OSUALUM78
10-28-2005, 12:07 PM
I won't be able tomake it to TV for shootout. I have to babysit my nience and nephew for my brother and his wife. Sorry to all, I really wanted to attend to meet new fellow Machers. I hoep everyone that goes represents Ford well, and has a safe time.

03BlkMachOne
10-28-2005, 12:59 PM
My plans to come watch got changed too. Gotta go to Stillwater to help celebrate my sons new job. Give 'em hell.

Mister L
10-28-2005, 06:26 PM
I'm not runnin' Dealership replaced carrier, bearings and gears. Picked up the car on wednesday night and it made lots of different noises such as, howl, whine, ring, chaffe', hollow thin metallic sound, bell and such. Pinion backlash is set to .009" but the limits are 8-15. Needless to say it sat at the dealer all day and they didn't touch it. Want to tell me that the noise is always there with aftermarket gears. I said "No Way" it needs adjustment and thats why there are tolerances. So, it still sits at the dealer and they said they will fix it on Monday. The told me, "go ahead and race, you won't hurt anything" and I said, "Yea, I break it and then I eat it." Keep the car and I will pick it up when it's right. My previous Ford Racing 4.10s didn't make any noise but the mechanic didn't use thread lock on the ring gear bolts and one came out during a 2nd gear shift when I nailed it three weeks ago. At least they are paying for the repair so I should count my blessings however I don't believe that gear whine is normal in anybodies book unless it is a true spool and about 500 or greater in the ratio. So NO RACING FOR ME and I just spent 700 bucks on tires, tune, plugs and octane boost plus had a slot on a dyno to make sure everything was OK. I changed my iridium NGK's gapped at .059 for TR6s gapped at .055. I have a new SCT tune from Mike Murillo in San Antonio to use with my Excalibrator 2 and a pair of Mickey Thompson ET Street Drag Radials in 275/45/17s. My car has been set up for this race and I'll be cheering on the sidelines instead burning some Buicks. Oh well, better safe than sorry and I don't want to trash my prized Mach. Give em hell Travis and let the YellowMach win!

Marty

Mister L
10-28-2005, 06:35 PM
My wife just told me I could run her car...........Hmmmm, I have another set of plugs and a set of tires...........I'll have to think about this one...........and hers is an automatic!

Mustangdude
10-28-2005, 10:56 PM
My wife just told me I could run her car...........Hmmmm, I have another set of plugs and a set of tires...........I'll have to think about this one...........and hers is an automatic!
Prolly run faster in that than you ever ran in the Burple Beast. Let's see what you got. I pulled out the spare tire and jack, dropped my sway bar, and adjusted my shocks and struts. Gonna air up my front tires tomorrow morning before I head down. Let's rip those Bricks a new one. :yes:

Mustangdude
10-28-2005, 10:58 PM
Give em hell Travis and let the YellowMach win!

Marty
Thanks for the vote of confidence Marty. I will be there too.

o4yellomach
10-28-2005, 11:30 PM
Ill see you all there bright and early. Marty you Should put the MT s on your wifes car and run it.

mstangfrk95gts
10-29-2005, 01:05 AM
i have to work....

anyone wanna hire me.

Mister L
10-29-2005, 09:59 PM
Well I put some NGK TR6 plugs in her Mach, changed the K&N Airfilter and put the ET streets on it. Best of the night was a point win for FORD agains a T-Type Buick. 14.03 at 99.6 mph. It was fun but extremely long day with multiple breaks on the track including a really nice 71 Maverick Boss 302 that hit the wall. A DSG, Canyon, Texas Mach won his race as well. And Rob when I made my comment I was under the impression you were not running the Orange Crush!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mustangdude
10-30-2005, 12:26 AM
I had a great day but due to a very unorganized operation (Buick boys), it made for a long day. I ran my best time at the head's up pairings with a GN. He had run a best of 12.79 the night before at TNT. However, in qualifying he sandbagged his way to a 13.2. I ran a 13.41 @ 106.77 (density altitude 1470 ft = corrected time of 13.2 @ 108.48) unfortunately, my opponent ran a 12.92 @ 110.94. My 60' time was a pathetic 2.242. I gotta get some tires better tires than the Skaterbacks. Next year I will be in the 12s with some MT d/r's. :yeh:

Mustangdude
10-30-2005, 12:29 AM
Well I put some NGK TR6 plugs in her Mach, changed the K&N Airfilter and put the ET streets on it. Best of the night was a point win for FORD agains a T-Type Buick. 14.03 at 99.6 mph. It was fun but extremely long day with multiple breaks on the track including a really nice 71 Maverick Boss 302 that hit the wall. A DSG, Canyon, Texas Mach won his race as well. And Rob when I made my comment I was under the impression you were not running the Orange Crush!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was just busting your balls Marty. I am glad I was able to shame you into running Sharon's beast. Congrats on your victory with the auto. :hail1:

White2003Mach1
10-30-2005, 01:18 AM
congrats marty..........one car or another your gonna get in the 12s :3:
good times rob........

did any other mach1s run ?

Mustangdude
10-30-2005, 01:37 AM
did any other mach1s run ?

I saw one of Travis' qualifying runs of 13.01 but I don't know if that was his best quailfying run. I am sure he will post up his particulars. He borrowed Kerleyfries wheels and tires and was doing well from what I could tell.

tinbender
10-30-2005, 10:24 AM
Mustangdude, what have you done to your car exhaust etc.? I just got an 03
and I am trying to read as much and look at as many Machs as I can to get ideas of what I want to do. I think the guy from Texas ran a 12.44 with his DSG Mach I would like to find out what he has done also. Maybe he just ran with Nitrous. I didn't ever catch anyone around their cars yesterday.

mstangfrk95gts
10-30-2005, 01:15 PM
sticky tires, control arms, shifter, full exhaust and your choice of Intake parts.

if your rear will hold together you got enough for 12's

Mustangdude
10-30-2005, 01:21 PM
and I am trying to read as much and look at as many Machs as I can to get ideas of what I want to do. I think the guy from Texas ran a 12.44 with his DSG Mach I would like to find out what he has done also. Maybe he just ran with Nitrous. I didn't ever catch anyone around their cars yesterday.
midpipe, catback, CAI , Steeda Triax shifter, and the standard Predator tune. I sent you a PM with more details. Feel free to give me call if you would like more info.

Mustangdude
10-30-2005, 01:26 PM
sticky tires, control arms, shifter, full exhaust and your choice of Intake parts.

if your rear will hold together you got enough for 12's
I have Steeda upper and lower control arms to install this winter. Along with building the rear with 31 splines, rear gridle, 4.10s and stickies. I am sure I will make it to the 12s with these additions to my current setup. I would also like to add the PHP spacer.

Okla.Mach1 03
10-30-2005, 02:49 PM
Hello everyone, sounds like you all had a good time. I had to work as always. (Mail must go thru) I don't always post, but I do try to keep up on things going on. Hope to see everyone some time soon.
Michael

Mister L
10-30-2005, 06:25 PM

The Texas guy was Dean Finch from Canyon Texas. His Mach is stock with the exception of 4.30s, catback and the suspension is set up with 33 spline axles and control arms. He plans to run a 75 shot of nitrous on his stock motor. I wish him luck as I wouldn't do it but to each his own. At Ford vs Buick the nitrous wasn't used.

o4yellomach
10-30-2005, 07:24 PM
My qualifying runs were both 13.01 @ 91 mph. My elimination pass was a 12.67@ 106.68. I lost to a GN that ran a 12.44 I guess he sandbagged a little more than i did. Ford did win so i guess we can enjoy it till next year.

5OhNA4.6
10-31-2005, 01:14 AM
Well, I am glad Ford came away on top. My hunting trip paid off and my freezer is now full!!!

I haven't seen my neighbor yet since I got back. He was running his silver 2000 GT, and his brother was running a red 87 Capri. He was hoping to run in the high 13's on his street tires. Just out of curiosity, did anyone see a car matching that description?

OSUALUM78
10-31-2005, 11:02 AM
..............Ford did win so i guess we can enjoy it till next year.

Congrats to all that went, and ran, and made it out and home safely. :yeh:

I am sorry I could not make it to meet any new faces, or run my Mach :hail1:
but next year will be a different story

TXDSG03
10-31-2005, 04:29 PM
Hey guys, I am the DSG from Texas that was at Noble this past weekend.

That was a nice meet the buick guys put on, my hats off to them.

Mr. L it was a pleasure meeting you and the guy with the yellow Mach (sorry I am bad with names). I ended up making a 12.46 pass @ 109 on my last run and that was N/A. That is my best run so far, it was awesome to get in to some decient air. We are at 3600 feet here and our DA is always around
5-6000 feet. It was good to meet you guys.

Mister L
11-06-2005, 10:15 PM
Hey guys, I am the DSG from Texas that was at Noble this past weekend.

That was a nice meet the buick guys put on, my hats off to them.

Mr. L it was a pleasure meeting you and the guy with the yellow Mach (sorry I am bad with names). I ended up making a 12.46 pass @ 109 on my last run and that was N/A. That is my best run so far, it was awesome to get in to some decient air. We are at 3600 feet here and our DA is always around
5-6000 feet. It was good to meet you guys.

Welcome Back anytime Dean just let us know when you'll be in town!