PDA

View Full Version : computer downloads at repair time

04Retro
04-23-2003, 05:36 AM
Last October when my clutch came apart and decided to weld part of itself to the pressure plate at 7500 miles on the Saleen--you bet that the computer info was downloaded before Ford covered the waranty repair --the computer cleared me of all claims of abuse (as well as passing the detailed physical inspection looking for bits of 'burned' rubber in the various nooks and crannys of the rear of the car, etc)....this is just why I love seeing posts from folks with new cars 'rechipping' them and claiming not to have any warranty concerens--like you always breakdown 5 blocks from home---my failure came 200 miles from home and Ford just tows you to the nearest dealer-no time to play fast and lose with replacing chips-let alone the chip will read that it was pulled etc......it is a 'brave new world' for cars folks......

EDIT--COMPUTER SCREW UP--this belongs to "Ford is Watching You" thread

Jc'S MaCh 1
04-23-2003, 07:06 AM
This is exactly why I bought a car with 300 +HP.... If I can't have fun with 300 what will I do with 400.. 500.. 600. Is their a limit?? I love my car the way it came and it's going to stay that way.

Jc