PDA

View Full Version : A Long Wait

CW4RET
04-22-2003, 02:47 AM
It was a long wait, 25 years, 9 months & 5 days. Twenty five years since I sold my last Mach 1, and 9 months & 5 days since I ordered (3 JUL 02) the 2003 MACH1. I
picked it up on 9 April and put 1400 miles on it in and around Colorado and then drove to my home in Tucson AZ.

The car is even more than any of you have described.

We have installed the Hurst Shifter, numerous MGW goodies, louvers, CDC blackout panel and reflective black inserts on the rear bumper. Reminds me very much of my Yellow 1970 MACH 1.

My thanks to Dave Wagner and the MACH 1 Registy, the information has been invaluable to me.

Thanks also to my good friend Rick Dell in Colorado that called the regional Ford Rep and finally got this car built.

And thanks to Dave Carroll of Tucson, President of the oldest Mustang club in the US. The Southern Arizona Mustang Club. He and his wife Gloria encouraged me to be patient, that it would come sooner or later. We are looking forward to many years of fun with the club.

Another proud and happy owner.

Chuck Mahoney

Verk
04-22-2003, 03:12 AM
Congrats on the new Mach 1 :THUMBSUP:

I had really wanted a 70 Mach 1 when I was in High School but just couldn't swing it at the time. When I heard Ford was bringing it back I knew this time around I wouldn't miss out.

I can only compare the car to the 1997 Mustang Cobra I had and it's a much better car all the way around. Good luck with you new Mach 1 and enjoy....they are great cars and wear the name well.

Sodbuster
04-22-2003, 04:30 AM
Hi Chuck , its nice to see another Az Mach1. If you want to come up to the valley this weekend , we are having a get together on Saturday night in Glendale. Check out my thread on the General Mach1 page . There are around 6 or 7 Mach1's coming so far and maybe a few ones we dont know of yet.
Congratulations, Sodbuster

BLUBYEU
04-22-2003, 08:14 AM
I waited 33 yrs 2 months for my Mach 1

I'll second your endorsement of Dave and Gloria..
I went to the SAMC -Tucson event on Saturday afternoon and they (and every one else for that matter) made me feel right at home..

Glad to see another 'Mach'er' in town..

02mach1
04-22-2003, 08:30 AM
Congrats on your new Mach1:THUMBSUP:

Blue Mach
04-22-2003, 09:02 AM
Glad to hear you're enjoying your Mach1!!!:CHEERS:

CW4RET
04-22-2003, 11:22 AM
Sodbuster,
We should try to get all the AZ Mach's together sometime. This weekend 26-27 April several of us from the SAMC are going to Knotts Berry Farm for an all Ford show.

There are 5 MACHS 1'S in Tucson that I know of 2 yellow, one black, one blue and one DSG, and maybe a red one in or near Benson.

Keep us in mind for some future get together.

Sodbuster
04-22-2003, 12:33 PM
We will keep you Tucson Machs informed on whats going on here in the valley Chuck. Let us know on this site if you are getting together in Tucson and maybe we will drive down there.
Have fun in California, Tim........ aka Sodbuster