PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Nationals

Yah Mule
09-20-2005, 12:40 PM
Congrats to Crissy for defending her National Championship!

Heather (my wife) only being .5 second back after the first day, fell to 3rd place after Crissy opened up her lead on the final day.

The open class, had one dry run the first day (which Kent & I both coned). Kent moved up into the trophies the second day, but I dug too big of a hole the first day to salvage anything for the second. I don't considerate it a failure though, as I had the 8th fastest time on the second day which was well in the trophies (I'll get one next year!).

My co-driver (Sam Strano) placed 5th (at least I know the car can do it). All together there were three Mach 1's (6 drivers) representing the field very well.

Jason

Tony Alonso
09-20-2005, 02:10 PM
Got any photos? I would love to see them!

Yah Mule
09-20-2005, 03:16 PM
A friend of mine took some pictures but the quality is not that great.

mustang1353
09-20-2005, 03:26 PM
I read in the scca mag they are talking about wanting to put 03 04 cobra's in FS. Did you hear anything about this at nationals? The also hinted at w06? (chevy %$^%) camaro's also moved to FS. I e-mailed scca solo chair to ask if they were nuts. Over 100 more horse power and irs what gives?

Yah Mule
09-20-2005, 03:48 PM
The last I heard, the Camaro SS & the WS6 Firebird were pending until after nationals. I'm more worried about the Camaro with the 9 inch wide wheels and I've heard they may have had the optional T-2 rear diff. that is far better that what is in the standard Camaro and Mustang. Plus I've been hearing there is no documentaion on any of the SLP options that were on the Camaro SS (stage 1, 2...). Its been confusing...

I also heard about the 03-04 Cobra (also with 9" wide wheels), I have been hearing mixed reviews on how well the IRS works vs. being able to put the power down. It certainly has my attention for next year.

I myself and other FS drivers (including Camaro drivers) have sent letters to the SEB requesting to rethink these proposals.

Best I can tell you is to keep your eyes open in the Sportscar magazine (Fastrack) or you can check it out on SCCA's website.

Yah Mule
09-20-2005, 04:27 PM
More pictures, non-Mustang related. Don't let the blue skys fool you, it only looked like this for one day.

CrissyCobra
09-20-2005, 05:07 PM
It was a very interesting week in Topeka! I hate the rain and it
showed on my first day. Yuck! Poor Kent is still kicking himself
for his first run on Tuesday! But like you said, both of you made up
for it on Wed!

Not sure what next year will bring....I've been offered a ride in a Miata
as long as I run it in CSL. :3: I think I need more power...what class
do you think the GT500 will fall in, from what they're doing to FS, I think
that's where it'll be. :yes: Or better yet, what would this be in?......
--Tony!!! I'll send you pictures!

Tony Alonso
09-20-2005, 10:14 PM
I think I need more power...what class
do you think the GT500 will fall in, from what they're doing to FS, I think
that's where it'll be. :yes: Or better yet, what would this be in?......
--Tony!!! I'll send you pictures!

You dog! That car would be in SDS (SUPER DUPER STOCK)!! Send 'em my way. Congrats!!

Tony Alonso
09-20-2005, 10:15 PM
Yah Mule,

Thanks for the photos. I have no doubts you had fun there. I hope to pick it back up next year in my area.

CrissyCobra
09-20-2005, 10:29 PM
Yeah Tony! We've missed you!!!!

Tony Alonso
09-20-2005, 10:31 PM
I've been racing "on foot" this year...the Chicago Marathon is in 3 weeks. I hope you had fun in Topeka. Tell Danielle 'hi' from me.

BoulderMach
09-20-2005, 11:13 PM
Great job guys and gals. I know the rain had an impact. I think some big changes are coming to FS next year. I'm thinking of going to ESP. Whatda you think?

I posted results in the GRD forum including Crissy's national title, and pretty much got nill response except for Tony. Guess I have syberspace BO. :)

CrissyCobra
09-21-2005, 08:58 AM
You're funny Gordon! We've thought about ESP, but don't have an
extra $20K to spend on the car to make it nationally competitive. I
would have to buy a "body in white" or a wrecked Mach 1---I just
couldn't make major changes to my Mach 1.

BoulderMach
09-21-2005, 02:59 PM
You're funny Gordon! We've thought about ESP, but don't have an
extra $20K to spend on the car to make it nationally competitive. I
would have to buy a "body in white" or a wrecked Mach 1---I just
couldn't make major changes to my Mach 1.

Yea, I've been told by some local drivers here that if you move to a prepared/modified class in order to be nationally competitive it becomes all about the money - you basically have to do every change allowed. In my case though I think I could be locally competitive without doing everything, plus I'd get to do some of the power adders/suspension mods I'd like to do. But assuming I keep the Mach if the changes to FS don't occur or what changes do occur allow the car to still be competitive I'll stick with FS another year, and perhaps come to Nationals just for the experience. My goal would be to not finish last :LAUGH:

mustang1353
09-22-2005, 08:00 AM
Who can I write to also for the FS mess they are starting up? 9" rims, 100+ horse power advantage, t-2r's how does this compair to cars with 235hp marginal working limited slips? what class do you think I should recommend them to be in? :headbang:

Yah Mule
09-22-2005, 08:35 AM
The Solo Events Board (seb@scca.com).
Doug Gill (dgill@scca.com) is also the main person to talk to about classing and technical decisions.

Currently the cars are in AS, most believe that that is where they should stay.

mustang1353
09-22-2005, 01:42 PM
I e-mailed them both. Thanks