PDA

View Full Version : When should I expect more?

TRMach1
09-18-2002, 03:30 PM
This is a question for all you Ford "in" people, you know who you are. Since I was one of the people blessed with a VIN last week, when should I reasonably expect things to move onto the next level? Should I be looking for a build date and ETA this week? I'm happy to at least have a VIN, but now I'm gettin real antsy to see something that tells me when my car will be built!

GR8 WYT
09-18-2002, 04:07 PM
For those of us without a VIN....we are GREEN with envy!!! Don't mean to flame you...just had to laugh when I saw your post!!

02mach1
09-18-2002, 04:19 PM
It does matter who has there Vin# 1st. who going get their Mach1 1st when come in to the dealership that 's what matters not vin #:p :SMASH:

IntlSN95LMMOCR FOR ALL Mustang 79-03 Mustangs (http://clubs.hemmings.com/lmmustang) :HALLOW:

realshelby
09-18-2002, 06:29 PM
I check the status of my wifes Mach 1 at least twice a day. I have a VIN already so if something happens on my car it should apply to the other few orders already with a VIN. I will post as soon as I get the info. The teporary delay that was on my car was lifted so it is back to submitted to plant. I am hoping for a change to scheduled tomorrow.

TRMach1
09-18-2002, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by realshelby
I check the status of my wifes Mach 1 at least twice a day. I have a VIN already so if something happens on my car it should apply to the other few orders already with a VIN. I will post as soon as I get the info. The teporary delay that was on my car was lifted so it is back to submitted to plant. I am hoping for a change to scheduled tomorrow.
Thanks realshelby, I'll keep an eye out for your posts, since I think it was one of yours that prompted me to call my dealer last week that resulted in getting my VIN.:HOPPY: :MADNOEL: :CHEERS:

Five Oh B
09-19-2002, 01:26 PM
About a week to two weeks before your car is built, you'll get a build date (which is quoted as "the week starting Monday, ..."). An ETA to the dealer (again, quoted as "the week starting Monday, ...") won't show until about the time your car is actually bucked (on the assembly line).

So, for any of the lucky few being built the week of 10/7, you'll likely have your build date confirming the 10/7 build week within the next several days, and an ETA for delivery to your dealership about two weeks from now. Usually takes about 10-21 days for delivery to the dealership after the car is built (depends on how far away you are from Dearborn, MI).

Also, VERY IMPORTANT: the ETA you eventually get is just what it says - an ESTIMATED Time of Arrival. It is not a promise set in concrete. Some will come late, some will come early, it's just Ford's best guess for an ideal situation.

You've come this far and Ford has done everything it said it would so hang on to your sanity...;)

Five Oh B
09-19-2002, 01:29 PM
Just a side note, but you all already know that Ford doesn't build cars in VIN order, right? Jim's car may have the lowest VIN that we know of on this website, but others of you with higher VIN numbers could conceivably have your Mach1's built before his.

1MeanGT
09-19-2002, 01:43 PM
Awesome info FiveOh, thanks! :CHEERS:

TRMach1
09-19-2002, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Five Oh B
Just a side note, but you all already know that Ford doesn't build cars in VIN order, right? Jim's car may have the lowest VIN that we know of on this website, but others of you with higher VIN numbers could conceivably have your Mach1's built before his.
Well that just made my day!:SMASH:

WarpdSpazm
09-19-2002, 03:17 PM
Hang in there Jim.. You're stil in the first batch of cars...

I just called FCS and they still couldn't call up my order even with me giving them my VIN!

ack i don't like that... but i know they are delayed in getting info behind a dealer.... I feel a little better not being the only one in the 340XXX range... thanks POLS

Hope we get build dates soon...

POLSMACH03
09-19-2002, 03:41 PM
Warp I think these are week #2 builds as the numbers are 4000 higher; about a weeks production. Also this is the second batch of numbers so maybe that means week #2 of production.

WarpdSpazm
09-19-2002, 04:47 PM
Perhaps.... I got mine last week, So i can dream at least...

but you're probably right... I REALLY wanted it by november 8th... since I have a wedding that day in Connect-the-dot.... Would love to drive it to that.... but i'm sure that's a shot in the dark.. I'll be happy to get it by x-mas.

FordSeL957
09-19-2002, 05:28 PM
At least you guys got numbers. I work in a **** Ford store and can't seem to get mine scheduled yet.:mad:

Five Oh B
09-19-2002, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by FordSeL957
At least you guys got numbers. I work in a **** Ford store and can't seem to get mine scheduled yet.:mad:

I'm in the same boat! I work at a Ford/SVT store, and we don't have VIN's for any of the 5 customer orders or 4 dealer stock orders we placed! Maybe I shouldn't have shared the order codes so early, and kept the Mach 1 info a secret from the world!

FordSeL957
09-19-2002, 05:49 PM
I've been asured I'm up next. Thanks to an owner that called the region on my behalf.:HOPPY:

realshelby
09-19-2002, 07:00 PM
It's all in how you stroke the Ford Zone Rep! :D :D :D We had to take a few extra Explorer Sports to insure mine!