PDA

View Full Version : Trip to Tulsa

5OhNA4.6
09-03-2005, 01:29 AM
Well as it stands, I am still planning on heading up to Tulsa on the 23rd of September to make a few passes at the track there. I figured that since the date was approaching, it could use it's own thread. With the way gas prices are looking, I had better start saving money now if I want to be able to afford the trip there and back.

Also FYI: a Shakers range day will be in the works. I know Marty had mentioned this back at the Stroud GTG, and there was some interest expressed. More to follow.

-Kyle

Mister L
09-03-2005, 02:41 PM
We definitely need another get together.........perhaps with the low gas prices that we have now we could rally up somewhere. The gas is just going to cost more everyday anyhow. I need an excuse to drive the Mach and looking forward to a Mach shoot at a local range.

Shaker04
09-05-2005, 09:03 AM
Cool, I have a new Para .45 I need to try.

10mmPhil
09-07-2005, 03:31 PM
I'm still in for Tulsa on th 23rd.
Not sure if I will have new tires on or not.

A range day sounds fun, keep us posted.

How about a trip to the "mach1 drive-in" as a possible future GTG?

Mister L
09-07-2005, 09:58 PM
I'm definitely in for a Mach cruise and the Mach 1 drive-in sounds great. I have to work this weekend but my evenings are free.

Mustangdude
09-08-2005, 01:24 AM
I am down for a range day and cruise. Have to miss the trip to Tulsa. Maybe next time. Good luck in your quest for 12s.

5OhNA4.6
09-08-2005, 06:08 PM
This sunday evening at H&H @ 6pm, is the IDPA match. I'm not too sure if anyone is interested in shooting competition or not. I figure most guys had something a little less organized and less competitive in mind.

I am working on a deal for us to go out to my Dept's range. In additon to it being outdoors, we have barricades, pepper poppers, bowling pins, and a shooting tree. It's a whole lot more fun than shooting indoors, where you have to stand in a booth and shoot at paper. There is also a 100 yrd rifle range. I'm sure I can get it blessed off on by the chief, I just have to get one of the firearms instructors/range master to go out there with us. I figured if everyone just chipped in $10.00, that might make it worth their time.

I need to get a consensus of what date and time will work best for people's schedules. I was thinking of a Sunday afternoon or evening. Let me know.

-Kyle

Mister L
09-08-2005, 07:21 PM
10 bucks is cheap in my book for that kind of range. Besides, I like burnin' up bullets as much as rear tires and I'm sure 10mil and Rex will join in. 21-25 Sep is out for me......in Omaha and this weekend is drill. Other than that I'm game. Thanks for setting this up Kyle

Shaker04
09-08-2005, 07:24 PM
That sounds cool. Sunday afternoon for the next month, with the exception of the 25th of Sept. and the 30th of Oct. would be good. Do they have a barn at your range? I might be able to hit the side that! :notsure:

White2003Mach1
09-08-2005, 07:46 PM
i'm open any sunday,
i might have to drive the truck............if i decide to bring everything :rolleyes:

Mister L
09-08-2005, 07:59 PM
i'm open any sunday,
i might have to drive the truck............if i decide to bring everything :rolleyes:

Thats true............considering the arsenal you have! Any machine guns coming out? LOL I'll bring a "pistola" and a few rounds unless I decide to bring out an AR or something. This will be a good time!

10mmPhil
09-09-2005, 09:46 AM
Sounds like major fun.....i'm open on most future Sundays.

sun. 9/18 - odhm norman car show (scratchable - not prepaid)
sun. 10/9 - possible golf tourney (scratchable - not prepaid)

5OhNA4.6
09-11-2005, 04:02 AM
See the new thread in reference to the Range Day.

DigDoug
09-11-2005, 11:23 PM
How many are coming up here on the 23rd? Were you planning on getting here and having some dinner before heading to the track? Let me know, I would be up for meeting somewhere to eat or something if you were coming early enough.

5OhNA4.6
09-12-2005, 01:06 AM
Dinner sounds good to me. Let me know when and where Doug. Despite having been born in Tulsa, I do not know my way around there at all. Let me know where to meet for dinner, i'll do a Mapquest on it, and then just follow you to the track from there.

DigDoug
09-12-2005, 03:14 AM
OK, cool. What kind of food are you interested in? We can do BBQ, Mexican, Chinese, whatever. Or if your into more of nostalgic atmosphere there's metro diner, or a couple of other old time looking diner places around town. Just give me an idea of what sounds good and I'll pick a place.

5OhNA4.6
09-12-2005, 04:18 AM
Anything with a buffet sounds good. That way we won't have to wait to be seated and there will be a selection of food. I'll eat anything except for sushi, so you can pick anything else and that will be just fine with me.

10mmPhil
09-13-2005, 01:32 PM
I'm game for dinner before the drag racing.
I'm pretty flexible on food choice.

DigDoug
09-18-2005, 02:51 AM
so if we want a do you guys want chinese or do you want something more like furrs or golden corral or such?

5OhNA4.6
09-18-2005, 06:20 AM
Any of those choices would be fine with me Doug. Whichever is the closest or easiest to get to.

10mmPhil
09-20-2005, 10:34 AM
http://www.tulsaracewaypark.com/

The website says TnT is from 6:00pm-10:00pm.

There are 2 Golden Corral's within 5miles of the track.
Maybe we can meet Doug at one of them around 5:00pm.

5OhNA4.6
09-20-2005, 11:50 PM
5pm at Golden Corral works for me. I just need the address so I can get directions from Mapquest.

OKMach1
09-22-2005, 10:15 PM
I'm not going to be able to join the festivities. I'm going to be making a trip to the Texas Panhandle and back to pick up the kids. I put Maggie back in the shop today anyway to get the Anderson Powerpipe and a new pulley installed :yes: . I'm hoping the Snow Performance Stage 2 kit gets here in time so that I can get it installed and a tune done before I go overseas again. Does it ever end???

Kevin

10mmPhil
09-23-2005, 12:07 AM
I was hoping more people could make the trip.

It looks like me and Kyle only.

10mmPhil
09-23-2005, 02:03 PM
update:

looks like we will be at this GC around 4:30-5:00pm.

Golden Corral Family Restaurant: 918-665-6355
8144 E 21 St Tulsa, OK 74129, US
(on south Memorial dr.)

10mmPhil
09-23-2005, 05:51 PM
Update#2:

Our trip to Tulsa is now called off.
Something broke in Kyle's mach1 rearend
on our way to Tulsa. He is getting a tow.
(if its going to break, better here in Okc
then all the way to Stroud or Tulsa)

We will try to make it up there on a later date.

5OhNA4.6
09-23-2005, 06:46 PM
My rear end broke on the Kilpatrick turnpike while en route to Tulsa. Had to be towed to Reynolds. I am too pissed to write about it now. Maybe later after I get a few beers in me.

-the posterboy for not running DR's on stock rear.

White2003Mach1
09-23-2005, 08:47 PM
sorry to hear ...............let me know if i can help in any way

this wasn't with all the new upgrades installed, was it ?

soonerkid
09-24-2005, 10:37 AM
My back right tire blew on the way home from tusla, kumho drag radials...it was weird, but getting new tires from ralph today.

5OhNA4.6
09-24-2005, 02:56 PM
Well for starters, I never got my axles this week. When my order from GEF arrived, the packing slip contained a letter stating "we're sorry, but one of your parts is on nationwide backorder indefinitely." That sure would have been some helpful information when I was on the phone making the order. So after dealing with GEF, I got them to credit my card back and I called Downs. Downs had one set left in stock, so needless to say, they are on the way.

So that brings us to yesterday. I decide to make the trip to T town, and was going east on the turnpike when I heard a bunch of crunching and grinding. I had it towed to Reynolds and the tow was covered by roadside assistance. When I got to the dealership and spoke with the service guy, I told him up front that I had FRPP gears and drive shaft. He then proceeded to tell me that more than likely they would not cover it under warranty. No big suprise there. So it is still sitting at the dealership until I can go by with my neighbor and put it on a trailer.

I woulda came back on last night, but I had to change the thermostat on Jennifer's 98 coupe. I thought it would be as simple as my old GT.....wrong! That thing was a beeatch to get to. Three beers later I got it done though.
Hopefully by the end of this week, all of the parts will be here, and she will be running again.

-Kyle

mstangfrk95gts
09-24-2005, 03:16 PM
i still dont understand why people run low 11's on stock rears in 85-99 GT's but the mach reaend is weaker than a toothick.

kyle if you need a hand or anything lemmie know.

it was the subframes that did it.

soonerjoe
09-29-2005, 09:56 AM
Well for starters, I never got my axles this week. When my order from GEF arrived, the packing slip contained a letter stating "we're sorry, but one of your parts is on nationwide backorder indefinitely." That sure would have been some helpful information when I was on the phone making the order. So after dealing with GEF, I got them to credit my card back and I called Downs. Downs had one set left in stock, so needless to say, they are on the way.

So that brings us to yesterday. I decide to make the trip to T town, and was going east on the turnpike when I heard a bunch of crunching and grinding. I had it towed to Reynolds and the tow was covered by roadside assistance. When I got to the dealership and spoke with the service guy, I told him up front that I had FRPP gears and drive shaft. He then proceeded to tell me that more than likely they would not cover it under warranty. No big suprise there. So it is still sitting at the dealership until I can go by with my neighbor and put it on a trailer.

I woulda came back on last night, but I had to change the thermostat on Jennifer's 98 coupe. I thought it would be as simple as my old GT.....wrong! That thing was a beeatch to get to. Three beers later I got it done though.
Hopefully by the end of this week, all of the parts will be here, and she will be running again.

-Kyle
Wow! I am sorry man! That sucks. If you need any help let me know.

5OhNA4.6
09-29-2005, 03:54 PM
The car is at OPA now, and should be done by tomorrow. One of the bolts that holds the ring onto the diff, backed all the way out, then got in between the ring and pinion. Most of the other bolts were loose enough to turn with your fingers.

Jordan at OPA is taking great care of me though, and provided that the new gear set came in today, it will be back together soon.

Mustangdude
09-29-2005, 07:33 PM
Hopefully you will have your car back by tomorrow. I will probably have Jordan do my rear install as well. Sounds as though it was not the fact the rear blew up so much as the 4.10 gear install went south on you. :10:

soonerjoe
09-30-2005, 11:14 AM
The car is at OPA now, and should be done by tomorrow. One of the bolts that holds the ring onto the diff, backed all the way out, then got in between the ring and pinion. Most of the other bolts were loose enough to turn with your fingers.

Jordan at OPA is taking great care of me though, and provided that the new gear set came in today, it will be back together soon.
That is good to hear!

5OhNA4.6
10-01-2005, 12:26 AM
Deja Vu....I called OPA today and Jordan told me that FRPP 4.10s were on back order. He couldn't find any sets here locally, and all of his other parts sources were out. I was able to track some down for $195.00, but they won't be here until next week.

First the axles now the gears. Is Ford Racing not keeping up with the demand for this stuff? Not only that, but it seems like in the last year everything has gone up almost 50%. Gears, axles, aluminum DS, all of it. I bought my last set of 4.10's from GEF a year ago and paid 139.00.

Anyhow, Rob is hooking me up big time! He is going to give me the gears he has in his garage and I will replace them when mine come in next week. Sooooo, no car for this weekend; hopefully she'll be ready Mon afternoon.

5OhNA4.6
10-05-2005, 11:17 PM
Alright, I'm re-built now. I'm not too sure if I'll be able to get another friday night off any time soon though. May just have to suck it up and go back to TVR.

Mister L
10-05-2005, 11:35 PM
At least you're back up and running again. What failed in the rear and did they tell you why? I don't understand either on the price increase for all this stuff. Seems it all started turning to gold and now its higher than a kite. Glad you're rolling again!

White2003Mach1
10-06-2005, 12:03 AM
good to hear.............

how's the setup ? nice and quiet

5OhNA4.6
10-06-2005, 05:24 PM
good to hear.............

how's the setup ? nice and quiet

Well..................not exactly. I am heading back up to OPA in about 10 minutes. I have a clicking noise while cruising around 1800-2200rpms. It sounds like the noise your tires make while you are going down an interstate that has gaps in the concrete. I tried to explain it to Jordan, but I'm just gonna take him for a ride in her. I'll let ya'll know.

BTW, TVR is having TNT tonight. I have way too much stuff to do around the house to be able to go. But wow, what a great night this would be to make a few runs.

Mister L
10-06-2005, 06:05 PM
check the rear caliper brackets as they may be too close to the disk and can cause those types of noises. Just an idea and I'm glad she's rolling once again!

10mmPhil
10-06-2005, 06:15 PM
BTW, TVR is having TNT tonight. I have way too much stuff to do around the house to be able to go. But wow, what a great night this would be to make a few runs.

I hope you can get your real axle problems worked out.

Thurs. nite seems odd for a TnT, but its true.

Btw, my mach's born-on date is today......she's 2years old.

5OhNA4.6
10-06-2005, 06:18 PM
I'll take a look at that Marty. I hope it is something that simple!

Jordan thought it could be:

rear tire out of balance...same tires have been on for approx 1K miles now, I dont think that's it.

bad axle bearing...caused by the break

or worse, a cracked case...it's not leaking any fluid, and he said he inspected the case before installing everything.

Mustangdude
10-06-2005, 08:08 PM
TNT at TV called off tonight on the rain. :grr: Hopefully it's just in need of a shim to give it clearance on the calipers. I think that is what they had to do to Marty's car. Let us know when you find out.

It's prolly those faulty FRPP gears you got from me. :LAUGH:

Mister L
10-06-2005, 10:18 PM
Btw, my mach's born-on date is today......she's 2years old.

That's pretty cool Phil. Tomorrow the 7th I will have had my Mach for two years. I actually bought it on the 10th of October 2003 but that date was a Friday so tomorrow will celebrate two years in my book! Wow, what a great car~huh!