PDA

View Full Version : No more interior upgrade package?

Torque Machster
09-17-2002, 07:10 PM
Guys my dealer just called me and said his computer screen reads that ford is stopping the interior upgrade package on all mach1s!!! Is this true...can anyone(FIVE OH B) confirm this...my dealer said that for me to get my Mach scheduled I'd have to drop the package.

**Edit** Ok he faxed me the printout, which is his October order scheduling information, and it says that in order for the mach to be scheduled, the Interior upgrade package must be dropped. If I don't drop the package will it just take longer to get the car or will I risk not getting one at all?

Please help

Jason

mgk2
09-17-2002, 07:33 PM
If I were worried about the amount of truth in such a statement,I'd be doing the same as you..:??:
So to clear up this kind of question call ford customer service.I'm sure someone has it for you..or go to ford,com online it's there too.

zacuda
09-17-2002, 08:57 PM
Torque, do you have the Automatic or 5 speed trans ordered?

Torque Machster
09-17-2002, 09:24 PM
I've got the Torch Red 5-speed

Mr.T
09-17-2002, 10:58 PM
Do not delete your interior upgrade package. That option will NOT hold up your Mach 1 order. At this point, it is scheduled to become available starting 10/7/02. This means the plant will start building vehicles w/ this option on or after this date.

Mustang Matt
09-17-2002, 11:02 PM
Thanks for the clarification Mr.T!

TRMach1
09-17-2002, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Mr.T
Do not delete your interior upgrade package. That option will NOT hold up your Mach 1 order. At this point, it is scheduled to become available starting 10/7/02. This means the plant will start building vehicles w/ this option on or after this date.
Mr. T, how does this stuff even get to the point where dealers are supposedly faxing computer printouts telling people to drop the IUP if they want their car? I don't understand it, but it sure doesn't seem to be very ethical to put a customer through this kind of torture!:mad:

1MeanGT
09-17-2002, 11:05 PM
Torque, your dealer is FULL OF IT!!!! :SMASH:

Torque Machster
09-18-2002, 01:03 AM
Thanks for the info and reassurance guys. I'll call my dealer tomorrow and tell him to just keep the order the way it is. It may take longer but I can wait!

1MeanGT
09-18-2002, 03:46 AM
Further proof that the IUP is not delayed:

Originally posted by Bart
Torch Red, 5sp with IUP. I recieved my VIN on Monday. I'm just happy to have a VIN because that means a car will come.

I believe Jim (Black98GT) ordered the IUP too and he has his VIN. Their cars are probably going to be 2 of the first 125 built.

You should print this page out for your dealer and tell them to stick it! :LAUGH:

redrider
09-18-2002, 03:59 PM
I just got a call from my dealer who said he would need to remove the interior upgrade. He faxed me a copy of an Order Scheduling Information sheet for October Production weeks 37 - 41. It states "The 18g Interior Upgrade must be removed in order for Mach 1's to be scheduled." It also says that Mach 1 automatic transmissions will be available to schedule in week 39.

Can any of the Ford guys tell me what this means? Does this mean I will possibly get the car in Oct\Nov if I remove the upgrade?

TRMach1
09-18-2002, 06:13 PM
Okay, this is the second one of these from a different member. Can anyone clarify what is going on with this?

ShadowMach
09-18-2002, 06:19 PM
Yeah really!!! We need some immediate clarification. How about one of you guys win a VIN calling FoMoCo Customer Service and see what you can dig out of them. I have emailed the info to my dealer but no reply as of yet.
:confused:

Mr.T
09-19-2002, 12:19 AM
It sounds like there may be some bad information being sent through the electronic dealer notification system. Please do not get nervous and remove the IUP from your order. That option is scheduled to come in at the same time as the Mach 1. It should not hold up your orders in any way.

Mach Won
09-19-2002, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by redrider
I just got a call from my dealer who said he would need to remove the interior upgrade. He faxed me a copy of an Order Scheduling Information sheet for October Production weeks 37 - 41. It states "The 18g Interior Upgrade must be removed in order for Mach 1's to be scheduled." It also says that Mach 1 automatic transmissions will be available to schedule in week 39.

Can any of the Ford guys tell me what this means? Does this mean I will possibly get the car in Oct\Nov if I remove the upgrade?

Problem--------week 39 of the calendar year is this week 9/15
or does week 39 mean 39th week of production
anyone know or care? a dealer? ford? IUp?
auto delay? limited production?

I feel like im being made into a sucker or a joke by ford - this is not the feeling you should have when buying a limited production 30 thousand dollar car.Vin numbers or not I have yet to get a call from anyone saying "well mr jerkoff, just calling to update you on the status of your order,there is a hold on auto cars,and there is some confusion in all our print material and website about the IUP and mach 1 interior content.Heres what comes standard......"
I have not gotten any calls and prodution is 2 weeks away. Totally useless
I have spend hours every night finding my own info?

The fun of this has been almost all sucked out of getting this car.at this rate it better come with 385hp.:confused:

1MeanGT
09-19-2002, 03:12 AM
I think you people are just overreacting... as usual.

woodchuck
09-19-2002, 03:17 AM
Hey all,

I talked to my dealer to ask about a VIN and he said that there is a hold on the interior upgrade that was not there earlier? Can anyone confirm this. I was afraid to post until I saw that others are actually being told to change their order.

Five Oh B
09-19-2002, 01:17 PM
I checked all available Ford memos for the last 3 months and none mention any hold on the IUP or automatic. The IUP is still showing a hold until 10/7, which is Job 1 for Mach 1. So yes, there is a hold on the IUP, but nothing that will delay an order for a Mach 1.

Calm down and enjoy the wait!

Torque Machster
09-19-2002, 05:36 PM
Hey Redrider,

I see you are from freehome, GA. I used to live in Woodstock before I came to school at Clemson. Did you by any chance order yours from Northpoint Ford?
Thats where mine is...just checking.

Jason

POLSMACH03
09-19-2002, 06:20 PM
woodchuck; got my vin today; no hold on mine; sent to plant 9/17.

azuremach1
09-19-2002, 06:43 PM
That's it.... the next person starting a rumor will be subject to immediate cancellation of your Mach 1 order and will be immediately reassigned to a Yugo!

woodchuck
09-19-2002, 09:08 PM
Thanks POLSMACH! My dealer called me today and told me that the code was changed and he is expecting my VIN soon. He is a good guy just a little slower than the site. Not trying to start any rumors AZURE.:cool: