PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice from you guys

dehoass
07-14-2005, 07:33 PM
Well i really want a d-1 and built shortblock for the mach. I have the money saved up for either the d-1 or the shortblock. Well Im still in school and have about 1.5 yrs to graduate. Would it be just dumb to pull out a student loan for the rest of the stuff i need?? Im talking about 6 grand. I have no other loans and my college is paid for. I have friends with 30-50 thousand in loans out. What is a measly six grand with low interest. Just wanted to ask some of you guys that have already been in college and already taken out student loans before.

2k4mach
07-14-2005, 08:26 PM
Your call i did it to build my 93 my freshman year and I have no regrets doing it.

dehoass
07-14-2005, 10:56 PM
oops. wrong forum. if someone could move this to general discussion

GrimlokTT
07-15-2005, 07:34 AM
I say only buy what you have the money for. This would be a bad habit to get into...charging items, etc. Of course you need loans for houses, cars, etc. However, for smaller items, the wise decision is the old fashion one: Only buy what you have money for. (i.e. Live w/n your means.)

The three main stresses in peoples lives are finance, marriage and .... (can't remember the last one). Point is: you'll be ahead of the rest if you only buy what you can afford.

Just my $.02

jbrad88
07-15-2005, 09:57 AM
Buy what you have the money for now. Actually if you have saved 6k for example, I would only consider 3k as available. That way you always have the equal amount you are spending in the bank as a back up...good parts break too. Imagine if you spent 6k on parts and you break the car and need another 6k to repair it. What would you do then?

Lonestar 7
07-15-2005, 11:39 AM
Blow the wad you could die and never have to pay it back.

BoulderMach
07-15-2005, 12:58 PM
If it were me I would not borrow the money for something I don't need. You've got school paid for which is great so why start out your working life in debt? What if it takes a while to find a job? But that's just me. Lots of folks live on credit, but I've always saved up and then bought.

:OFFTOPIC:

What's a D-1? :o

Scott McClure
07-15-2005, 06:59 PM
Buy what you have the money for now. Actually if you have saved 6k for example, I would only consider 3k as available. That way you always have the equal amount you are spending in the bank as a back up...good parts break too. Imagine if you spent 6k on parts and you break the car and need another 6k to repair it. What would you do then?
Couldn't have said it any better.

Phil
07-15-2005, 07:38 PM
Well i really want a d-1 and built shortblock for the mach. I have the money saved up for either the d-1 or the shortblock. Well Im still in school and have about 1.5 yrs to graduate. Would it be just dumb to pull out a student loan for the rest of the stuff i need?? Im talking about 6 grand. I have no other loans and my college is paid for. I have friends with 30-50 thousand in loans out. What is a measly six grand with low interest. Just wanted to ask some of you guys that have already been in college and already taken out student loans before.

Safe your money and when your finished with school and have a good paying job, than do it!!!!

dehoass
07-15-2005, 09:09 PM
Yeah you guys are right. I guess i will be stuck with a mid 11 second car for a couple more years. :cool: I guess when i start making the power levels i want to make im gonna be breaking stuff and having to swap out this and that, it will get really expensive.

GrimlokTT
07-16-2005, 08:31 AM
11's are nothing to be ashamed about...

TheBlkMach1
07-17-2005, 10:09 PM
Good luck!!! I've got the D-1 and built internalls going in now. Should be done this week. Keep us updated with your progress. :yeh: