PDA

View Full Version : Ford 100- West Coast Convoy

04Retro
03-30-2003, 07:16 PM
I'll be heading east to the Ford 100 from California...anyone interested in hooking up for a convoy?

socalmach1
03-31-2003, 12:51 AM
where are you going David?

04Retro
03-31-2003, 03:26 PM
I've got 6 weeks of vacation on the books-so I'm killing 3 of them--heading to Detroit for the Ford 100th birthday (Bullitt-Mach party) celebration and then returning to CA via old Route 66 from Chicage to LA. hey...I'll be on a pretty detailed schedule on the return..maybe we can meet up in LA-near the end of Route 66 and the Santa Monica Pier (bummer might be a week day-Wednesday- though)

Tony Alonso
03-31-2003, 08:17 PM
David,

Thanks for your interest in this event. You will be taking one heck of a road trip!

I know that a convoy is meeting in Cincinnati, OH, on 6/12 for the last several hundred miles up to Dearborn. What route are you taking from California? If possible, maybe you could hook up with a bunch of Bullitt owners and me in OH.

Looking forward to meeting you...

04Retro
03-31-2003, 11:21 PM
Tony--still deciding---Hwy 80 all the way is the straighest shot but thinking of Hwy 80 and then cut over to 70 through the middle of the country--would take me past Indy--really want to see the Museum there but hooking up with a group would come first!

Tony Alonso
03-31-2003, 11:40 PM
Indianapolis is a cool city - the track is awesome as well. Hope you can make it through!

socalmach1
04-01-2003, 01:16 AM
David, I can't believe you are going to put that many miles on your Mach1? Make sure you get some type of bra for that trip.

04Retro
04-01-2003, 03:36 PM
I was actually thinking of 'switching' cars with Scott Greth-he has my old Bullitt for a couple of weeks in June to see how he likes the Mach 1--think he would notice the mileage increase???

Actually-heading to LA for Knotts in April but leaving the Mach 1 behind--I'll park my 'other' car outside and walk in to BS with everyone..that will save me a thousand miles on the Mach...I have a feeling that this Ford 100th thing is going to be very cool--see lots of stuff that I haven't nor will be able to see again..worth the miles.

It is also important to remember I'm the idiot with 3 pleasure cars (and 3 payments)-none of which I use for work (company car for that) so the miles really stay low--so the Mach will be able to absorb these miles PLUS next April when I drvie to Nashville for the Mustang 40th party.....