PDA

View Full Version : Is Mach Car Wash Safe?

machfelon
06-08-2005, 09:37 AM
Have a question about the automated "car washes" Are they safe for the mach as far as the shaker and everything goes?

I've only washed the car 1 time by hand and wondered if the stripe or shaker might get scratched damaged by the automated washes?

thanks
:cool: :rolleyes:

2k4mk1
06-08-2005, 09:42 AM
Prolly wont cause any problems bur I personally aviod those things. My MACH is hand washed and only by me I wont even go to 1 of those full serve hand wash places. Just my personal preference.

2k4mach
06-08-2005, 10:27 AM
Personally i would take any of my cars to a swirl o matic car wash, they never seem to get your car really clean and nearly all of them will cause swirls or minor scratches in the paint.

IrishMach
06-08-2005, 10:28 AM
Have a question about the automated "car washes" Are they safe for the mach as far as the shaker and everything goes?

I've only washed the car 1 time by hand and wondered if the stripe or shaker might get scratched damaged by the automated washes?

thanks

Never ever ever ever ever ever...(20 more times) use the automated car washes that actually touch your car. TOUCHLESS only. And even those don't really do much cept spray off loose dirt.
The one that actually wash your car with those stripes of cloth will scratch and mare your car badly. Taken from experience.

Also avoid the "Wash it yourself" places. That brush get covered from dirt and rocks from people laying it on the ground.

Just hand wash it. Takes 20 minutes.

machfelon
06-08-2005, 10:32 AM
Never ever ever ever ever ever...(20 more times) use the automated car washes that actually touch your car. TOUCHLESS only. And even those don't really do much cept spray off loose dirt.
The one that actually wash your car with those stripes of cloth will scratch and mare your car badly. Taken from experience.

Also avoid the "Wash it yourself" places. That brush get covered from dirt and rocks from people laying it on the ground.

Just hand wash it. Takes 20 minutes.

Thanks for the info!! I was getting lazy and thought I would try one of those machine washes... But now I'll just do it by hand :3: How's that armorall stuff for the inside?

:smokin:

Big Ron
06-08-2005, 11:51 AM
How's that armorall stuff for the inside?

:smokin:

armorall is junk!

Big Ron

boney
06-08-2005, 12:54 PM
I have never washed my Mach. So I definately would not take it to an automatic car wash of any kind. But, my car is not a daily driver it is only used on dry days on dry roads.

Good Luck with your car!

Boney

machfelon
06-08-2005, 01:27 PM
I have never washed my Mach. So I definately would not take it to an automatic car wash of any kind. But, my car is not a daily driver it is only used on dry days on dry roads.

Good Luck with your car!

Boney

Yeah mine is a daily driver and the white is filthy right now... Its too HOT out too wash it thats why I was asking!! I get lazy sometimes... But I do not want any damage to it... Especially the stripe

btw nice avatar boney!! :yeh:

2k4mk1
06-08-2005, 04:15 PM
Yeah mine is a daily driver and the white is filthy right now... Its too HOT out too wash it thats why I was asking!! I get lazy sometimes... But I do not want any damage to it... Especially the stripe

btw nice avatar boney!! :yeh:

HOT in NJ. I live in S. TX (98 today) and I wash mine 1-2 times a week.
I Get up early on Sat morn and do it or in the evening around 7ish
Gotta wash it WHITE is tough

streakn
06-08-2005, 05:14 PM
NOTE* This happened after I had the car lowered and it jammed up the machine.

I made the mistake of being lazy once.When I took it to one of the many automated washes that have the auto rollers here in SoCal.

The next thing I hear, is someone paging for the owner of a grey Mustang,report to the wash entrance.I had to place a wood block under the tire and drive it off the rollers and then they hand washed it for me.Never again.

Orange whip 04
06-08-2005, 11:18 PM
Is it safe? YES!, however i only take my Mach through a ALL CLOTH car wash. I take my mach through one particular auto car wash that i know very well and wont harm my exterior. Dont take it through a nylon bristle auto car wash, unless you want scratches. I believe most car washes are getting into the soft cloth designs, but there are still a few nylon bristles car washes still functioning out there. I would just stay away from those. They are using some excellent soaps and waxes these days that make todays exteriors sparkle like you wouldnt believe.

GaPonyFarm
06-09-2005, 01:01 AM
I take mine through a laser wash pretty regularly... Its good for surface dust and pollen only, but it saves a little time and can't scratch the cheap Ford paint.

machfelon
06-09-2005, 09:28 AM
HOT in NJ. I live in S. TX (98 today) and I wash mine 1-2 times a week.
I Get up early on Sat morn and do it or in the evening around 7ish
Gotta wash it WHITE is tough

The other day it was hotter in NyC/Jersey than in Miami FL!

:yes:

IrishMach
06-09-2005, 09:32 AM

thanks

It is your car man..you can listen to these guys that say it's safe and chance it...orrrr you can just do it by hand be 100% sure it's being done correctly and without damaging your paint. Your call, your car.

I reccomend trying the Mr. Clean Pro Auto Dry. I use and a lot of a people on here use it. Saves you loads of time.

machfelon
06-09-2005, 10:05 AM
It is your car man..you can listen to these guys that say it's safe and chance it...orrrr you can just do it by hand be 100% sure it's being done correctly and without damaging your paint. Your call, your car.

I reccomend trying the Mr. Clean Pro Auto Dry. I use and a lot of a people on here use it. Saves you loads of time.

thanks for the info :yeh: