PDA

View Full Version : O YEAHHHH My Vibrations are gone!!!!!

Dan03mach
06-02-2005, 10:46 PM
I just got finished putting the newly built TKO tranny back in Smokey and took him out for a test drive.. Man I can't tell you how smooth this car is now.. Its almost as smooth as it was when it was brand new... Jason at Texas Drive Train Performance did an Awesome job.. This thing shifts so freaken smooth its on real.. Not like it did before where it was hard for me to shift it.. The main thing I am excited about is that all of my Vibration problems are completely gone.. I got on the Hwy from 50mph and hit 110-115 and you could have put a quarter on the shifter knob... So for right now I am just going to be driving it since I haven't had too much of that lately.. I'll go to the track and watch some of you guys run but I'm not doing it for a few months.. O Yeah, you know when you put an after market shifter in your car you can hear all kinds of road noise and what not, Well I got some of the 3/4" black installation foam we use at work for installation of our chill water and steam lines and figured if it can quiet these things down and keep the heat from coming out then that should work for the shifter area.. I put a big piece of it down on top of that rubber piece where just the shifter handle was sticking out. You can not hear a bit of road noise and you cant feel any of the Engine and tranny heat like I was feelling before.. I also put some gasket material between the shifter handle and shifter to keep the heat off the handle, that works pretty good too the handle isn't getting hot anymore like it use to do..