PDA

View Full Version : Almost got owned.......

bayrunner
05-30-2005, 09:46 PM
I was out crusing this afternnon when a guy pulls beside me in an Audi-S4. Never even heard of this thing, 4 doors typical euro trash sedan. Not to flame them, i have owned more mercedes than any other car. He looked at me while sipping on his grande starbucks coffee cup and as the light turned, he takes off. I had to kick it to catch up. I gave him the thumbs up and at the next light, while prepared, i noded to him "lets go". He took off, i blasted the mach, I got him but it was close for the street. With slicks, i would have owned him but for street tires, he was quick. Came back, looked up the car on the net, 8 cyl 4.2L 40 valve 345 HP. Not bad for Audi. Cudos, 8 cyl for euro is impressive. Can't wait for the Selby 500-GT. Surprise, surprise, American Muscle is back and stronger than ever. Cars are definitely becoming alot faster.

machfelon
05-30-2005, 09:50 PM
I was out crusing this afternnon when a guy pulls beside me in an Audi-S4. Never even heard of this thing, 4 doors typical euro trash sedan. Not to flame them, i have owned more mercedes than any other car. He looked at me while sipping on his grande starbucks coffee cup and as the light turned, he takes off. I had to kick it to catch up. I gave him the thumbs up and at the next light, while prepared, i noded to him "lets go". He took off, i blasted the mach, I got him but it was close for the street. With slicks, i would have owned him but for street tires, he was quick. Came back, looked up the car on the net, 8 cyl 4.2L 40 valve 345 HP. Not bad for Audi. Cudos, 8 cyl for euro is impressive. Can't wait for the Selby 500-GT. Surprise, surprise, American Muscle is back and stronger than ever. Cars are definitely becoming alot faster.

Yeah Audi's are nice... I'm not too big on foreign cars myself... Worked for a Toyota dealership for 2 years... But I like the Audi's (the A8) is real nice...
Im glad you beat em tho

:yes:

XxWicked_MagixX
05-31-2005, 10:44 AM
haha that S4 is a quick car, i didnt know what it was either but i saw the badges and thought it was some typical rice crap, until it kept up with me neck and neck preatty much, then i learned its a 5v v8 with like 360hp or something...AWD to if im not mistaken...??? only downside is it starts at 60grand for one... my mach would own that thing in every way if i had the extra 40grand to piss away on it...

FloridaOrange
05-31-2005, 10:56 AM
haha that S4 is a quick car, i didnt know what it was either but i saw the badges and thought it was some typical rice crap, until it kept up with me neck and neck preatty much, then i learned its a 5v v8 with like 360hp or something...AWD to if im not mistaken...??? only downside is it starts at 60grand for one... my mach would own that thing in every way if i had the extra 40grand to piss away on it...

The only way you would own an S4 is if you sunk the money into a seriouse suspension system. Even so, an S4 may make you look silly on a roadcoarse and would still ride better for Sunday cruises. Ever look at the Audi suspension? Pretty sweet setup for the car. They have a kind of floating strut system. I love my Mach but definitely wouldn't snub my nose at an S4.

Matt

rhite95
05-31-2005, 11:03 AM
I ran at the track about 2 months ago that thing went 1.91 60ft
I only went 2.03 he went 13.91 I think 101 I went 13.36 at 105
the guy was a nice guy he said he loves the comp orange machs

paulman
05-31-2005, 11:19 AM
The older S4's only had 260 hp, but the all wheel drive makes it interesting light to light

ponygt65
05-31-2005, 04:18 PM
hmm. I haven't heard of these cars. Good to know you can't snicker at all imports. LOL

starscream
05-31-2005, 05:11 PM

I can't remember which it was, Ronin or the Saint, but one of those movies had a great scene with an Audi.

But seriously, the comments on "Euro trash" are ridiculous. There are great cars made by European companies and they are built for a lot more than straight line speed. The guy who buys an Audi doesn't care about the Shelby GT500 because the Shelby will never be considered a luxury sports sedan. You won't be able to fit 5 comfortably on the way to the board meeting and have a soft ride while still being able to carve circles around everything else. It's like comparing apples to oranges. I guarantee you, straight line speed is way more important to you than it was to that guy.

bayrunner
05-31-2005, 09:08 PM
I can't remember which it was, Ronin or the Saint, but one of those movies had a great scene with an Audi.

But seriously, the comments on "Euro trash" are ridiculous. There are great cars made by European companies and they are built for a lot more than straight line speed. The guy who buys an Audi doesn't care about the Shelby GT500 because the Shelby will never be considered a luxury sports sedan. You won't be able to fit 5 comfortably on the way to the board meeting and have a soft ride while still being able to carve circles around everything else. It's like comparing apples to oranges. I guarantee you, straight line speed is way more important to you than it was to that guy.

I have owned over 15 mercedes of which 4 were amg models. Euro-trash is something which i have a right to being that i was born in Athens. Having said that, believe me, in Europe, they respect American Muscle more that their own sports version. All except the Italians that is.....

San Pedro Mach
05-31-2005, 09:18 PM
Yeah, performance Audis are pretty cool cars. My former boss had one...fully loaded, AWD, and pwr everything in it.
However, I'll take a M BMW or AMG Mercedes before an Audi! :)
Good job on taking that S4! :yeh:

ponygt65
06-01-2005, 03:27 PM
Yeah, performance Audis are pretty cool cars. My former boss had one...fully loaded, AWD, and pwr everything in it.
However, I'll take a M BMW or AMG Mercedes before an Audi! :)
Good job on taking that S4! :yeh:

I would take any of the four listed in y our signature over any of those three. INCLUDING the focus. :smokin:

RCodeGrl
06-01-2005, 10:25 PM
The S4 is no joke... it's a hot car! And when you see its rarer big brother S6 out, just nod your respects and move along unless you have some serious mods! They're Audi's answer to BMW's M3 & M5.

The S4 has their 40V (dayum!) 4.2L V8 that has about 340ish hp if I remember correctly. Not to mention that its Quattro AWD will run circles around any of us on a road course, as FloridaOrange said.

So the moral of the story is this: it might be a close race, but I'll sound better! :D

Edit: I second-guessed my S6 knowledge after posting, and researched to learn it actually has the same engine as the S4, in just a bigger and more luxurious ride. Having a friend with an S6 had made me think it had more power, but in reality the heavier car might take that away. In any case, "apples to oranges"... :)