PDA

View Full Version : Have read this it about next year 04

02mach1
03-18-2003, 11:42 AM
Have read let? Is on stangnet:THUMBSUP: about 04 Mustang Model. http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=292760

02mach1
03-18-2003, 01:06 PM
Will what you think about it?

TheOrkinMan
03-18-2003, 01:10 PM
I'm gonna call bs on this :SMASH:. A 500hp mustang, with a 5.0L DOHC 4v engine and we haven't heard anything about it? I also don't believe Ford will keep the same engine in the GT, it would be a waste of money. It sounds like bs to me.

bkeen
03-18-2003, 01:50 PM
My question is if they aren't going to build an 05 Fastback in 04, then how are they going to build an 05 Boss in 04?

:THUMBSUP:

1 BULLITT
03-18-2003, 05:49 PM
I expect the next Mustang and/or special edition to be an improvement over the Mach 1. A step up. Sort of like the performance improvements on the Mach 1 over the Bullitt. Otherwise, it could be viewed as just a different model name with cosmetic changes.

69mach03
03-18-2003, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by TheOrkinMan
A 500hp mustang, with a 5.0L DOHC 4v engine

The EPA is going to love that one. How many converters will come on it factory stock? Twelve? :LAUGH:

127bull
03-18-2003, 08:16 PM
Where to start first. Well Ford had been working on a Mod 5.0 that was for the 06 Cobra, they also have a 430-450hp n/a crate motor coming soon. Don't know about some guy at an auto show but check the Feb issue of Automobile mag they interviewed some guy named J. Mays seemed to know a lot. "The 05 car will debut in base, GT, and Mach 1 iterations only". The base mod will get a detuned LS V-6, the GT will get a 3 valve 4.6 and the Mach 1 should stay the same. The Cobra won't be back until 06 with the same motor. "Besides the Mach and the Cobra, we will see other special-series models, and we'll see them earlier in the car's life cycle. A trip down Mustang Memory Lane provides a wealth of possibilities for special editions: California Special, GT 350, Boss, Cobra Jet. And Mays doesn't rule out reusing one from the outgoing car. The Bullitt thing is pretty strong not to want to do another one at some point". Well you get the point Ford has a sure thing and they are going to sale it in the name of heritage. I say bring it on.

02mach1
03-18-2003, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by 127bull
Where to start first. Well Ford had been working on a Mod 5.0 that was for the 06 Cobra, they also have a 430-450hp n/a crate motor coming soon. Don't know about some guy at an auto show but check the Feb issue of Automobile mag they interviewed some guy named J. Mays seemed to know a lot. "The 05 car will debut in base, GT, and Mach 1 iterations only". The base mod will get a detuned LS V-6, the GT will get a 3 valve 4.6 and the Mach 1 should stay the same. The Cobra won't be back until 06 with the same motor. "Besides the Mach and the Cobra, we will see other special-series models, and we'll see them earlier in the car's life cycle. A trip down Mustang Memory Lane provides a wealth of possibilities for special editions: California Special, GT 350, Boss, Cobra Jet. And Mays doesn't rule out reusing one from the outgoing car. The Bullitt thing is pretty strong not to want to do another one at some point". Well you get the point Ford has a sure thing and they are going to sale it in the name of heritage. I say bring it on.

I love America cars:CHEERS: :D

127bull
03-18-2003, 09:20 PM
Oh yeah going to need a bigger garage!!:THUMBSUP:

02mach1
03-18-2003, 09:27 PM
Got that right! or Wearhouse for all these Mustangs;) :D

socalmach1
03-18-2003, 10:50 PM
I heard in 2009 the California Special (CS/GT) will be back, and it will have a 525 HP and the original style Chrome Lettering and stripes! The Company Markal is even making the fog lights again!:rolleyes:

1mach03
03-18-2003, 11:12 PM
I will believe it when the car does come out. If it has all that horse power like they say it will I will be adding another car to my collection. Wonder what the gas prices will be then. Oh well who cares I feel the need for speed. april zavela the vettelady.

OHMach1
03-20-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by socalmach1
I heard in 2009 the California Special (CS/GT) will be back, and it will have a 525 HP and the original style Chrome Lettering and stripes! The Company Markal is even making the fog lights again!:rolleyes:

I just wanted to note that I, at least, got the sarcasm loud and clear. :LAUGH:

BTW, I heard Carroll Shelby was going to come back to Ford and produce a redesigned GT-500 in 2022 for his 100th birthday.

FordFanForever
03-20-2003, 09:44 PM
The other day when Art Hyde visited my local mustang club he touched on quite a few of these subjects. This is what I remeber.

No new special edition cars between now and the release of the 2005.

Mach1's produced until end of 2004. (possible 12000 cars)I didnt like that part but oh well.

Ford built 1000 boss motors but they were given to Ford Racing.

The new 2005 will handle better and have more torque then the Mach1. (And if I remeber right he said gt aroung 300hp dont quote me on that one tho)

:OFFTOPIC: Intresting trivia question he asked too What was the first movie a mustang appeared in?

02mach1
03-20-2003, 09:51 PM
007 a blue Mustang convert.

falcongtho3
03-20-2003, 11:02 PM
"A man and a woman". If I recall, it featured a 64 1/4 Mustang convertible.:)

MACHCRAZY
03-20-2003, 11:28 PM
Ford spent alot of money on the 4.6 motor line, I can't see them bringing back the 5.0L. I think the 5.0L is ancient history. You will never see that motor again in the mustang.

02mach1
03-20-2003, 11:44 PM
Iam not worried about now, I just wait for the 05 Mustang GT or MACH1 or the Boss with 400 + hp:CHEERS: :D ;)

falcongtho3
03-21-2003, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by MACHCRAZY
Ford spent alot of money on the 4.6 motor line, I can't see them bringing back the 5.0L. I think the 5.0L is ancient history. You will never see that motor again in the mustang.
Right idea, wrong motor. Ford introuced a new OHC 5.0 at SEMA this past year. It was to be the basis of the 'Boss 302', but is now going to be available as an over the counter 'crate' motor.

305PNYS
05-29-2003, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by falcongtho3
"A man and a woman". If I recall, it featured a 64 1/4 Mustang convertible.:)

Falcon, hon, you realize that you are now eligible to have your brain encapsulated and put on display in the Mustang history museum.

Hmm...Is there a mustang museum??????

Mikestang
05-29-2003, 12:43 PM
I will never get rid of my mach 1 but I will buy what ever the kool thing is about december 2007 or about 55 more months lol

falcongtho3
05-29-2003, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by LadyStangLover
Falcon, hon, you realize that you are now eligible to have your brain encapsulated and put on display in the Mustang history museum.

Hmm...Is there a mustang museum??????
That's a very nice thing to say, and appreciated. There was, in fact, an effort to buld a national Mustang Museum ever since the Vette Museum opened. There were a few sites considered, including Orlando, Dearborn, and others. I have not heard anything in the past year, so I suspect it's a lost cause at this point. It would have been cool...

Stillborn
05-29-2003, 10:24 PM
Have read this it about next year 04
Corrected: Have you read this about next year? 04

Have read let?
Corrected: Have you read this yet?

Corrected: Well, what do you think about it?

I love America cars
Corrected: I love American cars.

Iam not worried about now, I just wait for the 05 Mustang GT or MACH1 or the Boss with 400 + hp
Corrected: I am not worried about it now, I will just wait for the 05 Mustang GT or Mach 1 or the Boss with 400 + hp.

jbrad88
05-30-2003, 08:56 AM
Keep something in mind everyone.

The great news regardless of the correctness of any of the stories, is that Ford is going to continue to build performance oriented Mustangs well into the future.

No matter what we do, there will always be a new model with something more to offer than what our cars have.

I have heard rumors of a "drag pack" option for 04 on the mach.
I have heard rumors of the 3 valve gt making 320 bhp in 05

I am glad that I had the opportunity to buy such an outstanding car now. I know what those folks in 1969 must have felt like when they drove their new cobra jet cars off the lot.

We get to own a piece of History. I hope Ford continues to grow and Team Mustang continues to put oustanding vehicles like this one on the road. The only negative is that I cannot own one of each...

Enjoy your Mach's...

Also, has anyone seen the Billboard advertisement with the Azure blue Mach 1 with the caption that reads: The muscle car lives. Past, Present, and future. If so, has anyone seen a poster sized version????

XCR440SP
05-30-2003, 11:10 AM
At one of our meetings last year we saw pictures of the new 05 Mustang. The stated that the GT would have over 300 Horsepower. I suspect that it will be the 4.6L 3V engine that was announced on the Ford media site the other day. I also suspect that this engine will run about like the 4V in the Mach 1 or possibly better. If you look at the 2004 F-150 5.4L 3V you'll see that it's got better numbers than the 4V from the Navigator. They 3V engine uses variable timing and electronic throttle control to achieve this. However, if a Mach (or Boss or whatever) were built on a 4V engine, I'm guessing that the Variable timing will probably be added to it also boosting it simmilarly.

305PNYS
05-31-2003, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Stillborn
Have read this it about next year 04
Corrected: Have you read this about next year? 04

Have read let?
Corrected: Have you read this yet?

Corrected: Well, what do you think about it?

I love America cars
Corrected: I love American cars.

Iam not worried about now, I just wait for the 05 Mustang GT or MACH1 or the Boss with 400 + hp
Corrected: I am not worried about it now, I will just wait for the 05 Mustang GT or Mach 1 or the Boss with 400 + hp.

Hmm........College student or English teacher??? professional translater?
You know, if you correct all the threads, we're gonna run out of web space :LAUGH:

305PNYS
05-31-2003, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by falcongtho3
That's a very nice thing to say, and appreciated. There was, in fact, an effort to buld a national Mustang Museum ever since the Vette Museum opened. There were a few sites considered, including Orlando, Dearborn, and others. I have not heard anything in the past year, so I suspect it's a lost cause at this point. It would have been cool...

So glad it came across as intended. I am impressed.

Mach Dawg
05-31-2003, 12:36 PM
I learned long ago that no matter what I do...somewhere somebody has got a better looking/faster car than me.
But, I would do it again in a minute. This is the first new car I have owned since 1991. That was a Mustang also, but a four banger! My most recent was a 1989 GT automatic. This car is way better in my opinion.
Point of interest: I had to drive a Mazda Protege 5 for a trip & that little thing only got about 26 MPG average! Cranking 3400-3600 RPM's at 74 MPH!! Beat me to death also.
If we are getting MPG that is close to that then I say it is worth it to have the power/style.

falcongtho3
05-31-2003, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by LadyStangLover
So glad it came across as intended. I am impressed.
And I am truly humbled...thank you.