PDA

View Full Version : Toyo Proxes T1-S....How are they??

stang03
05-25-2005, 11:12 PM
I am in the market for some new tires. I came across these tires and was wondering how good of a tire they really were. I love the looks of them and have heard good things about them....except treadwear wore down sort of quick. Any info, pics or advice send them my way.

I am thinking about running 255/35/18 in front and 285/55/18 in rear...good combo or not??

Thanks
Brent :yeh:

1WiCKEDMach
05-26-2005, 02:44 AM
They are by far the best rain tire i have ever used, and they hook good in dry weather also. The one down side is they dont last very long.

GOTdaBLUE1
05-26-2005, 12:02 PM
Spend the extra $$$, and get a set of Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3. They last longer. But, if you are strapped for $$$ then get a set of Nitto 555. They cost less. The bottomline is: You get what you pay for.

vpMach1
05-26-2005, 12:34 PM
The "You get what you pay for" is a line of crap. No offense but you can find high quality items without paying a high amount for them. Most the time you are paying for the name, not the product. Thats just my thoughts. Stang03, look around and find the best for the money for your enviroment. For example, I am in a wet climate and low on cash. I went with the Toyo's. If I was in a dry area, I would go with the Eagles or Nittos. Nittos are better for drag, Eagles are better for autocross. Neither are good in the rain. Now look at treadware. I believe the TOYO's are best on treadware, but not 100%. Do a search. You will have to surf thru the BS and find unbias answers. Good luck.

badappl
05-26-2005, 01:16 PM
Had the Toyo T1-Ss..loved them. They were quiet and excellent in the rain (we dont get much here but we do get some serious downpours when it does rain). I really did not see much of a difference in auto X (I use shaved Toyo RA-1s now..huge diff) and I only got about 6500 miles out of them until I got tread separation. If I could afford to have a set of summers and a set for rain, T1-Ss would definitely be my choice for rain.
PS Tach 9 gave me a great deal on the T1-S's

mtm87tx
05-26-2005, 04:09 PM
I just got 255/35/18 and 285/35/18 Toyo T1-s, i love them, they ride great and hook way better than stock!! tread looks good to, all around great tire!

GOTdaBLUE1
05-27-2005, 12:44 AM
Just for the record, Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 is one of the highest consumer rated Maximum Performance Summer tire (as well as the #1 rated Wet/Dry tire) on the market. These finding are based on 7,666,793 consumer reported miles. Quite frankly, there is more to a tire than just dry or wet traction: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=MP

mtm87tx
05-27-2005, 01:15 AM
well there might be more to a tire, but from the research and personal experience ive seen you cant go wrong with the Toyo T1-S, Goodyear GS-D3, or bfg kdw-2. im sure there are other good tires out there but these seem to be the Top choices. all depends on what you are wanting to do, and if its drag race get some DR's

GOTdaBLUE1
05-27-2005, 01:36 AM
well there might be more to a tire, but from the research and personal experience ive seen you cant go wrong with the Toyo T1-S, Goodyear GS-D3, or bfg kdw-2. im sure there are other good tires out there but these seem to be the Top choices. all depends on what you are wanting to do, and if its drag race get some DR's
:agree: