PDA

View Full Version : Mach Meetup ???

Torchmach
05-15-2005, 11:31 AM
Was at a little Car Show last night at the Sports Complex at 43rd Ave. South of Pinnacle Peak, where they were handing out flyers for BATTLEGROUND AZ "East vs West Competition" at Speedword Raceway next Sat. May 21st. Dan, the other Mach owner who was there, and I thought it would be a good place for a Mach 1 Meetup. How about everyone, we are overdue.

Tuck, Ethan you guys know more about the events at Speedword, is it worth our $20 to go out there. There is $10,000 in cash and prizes so I figure there will be a big crowd, how many runs could we expect to get in.

Darel

rsnider
05-16-2005, 11:59 AM
I had gotten word that there was a car show on 83rd south of the Glendale sports complex, COULDN'T FIND IT. I also heard there was a show at Water World, NOT. I had about three hours to kill on Saturday afternoon and couldn't find anything to do. There was some punk that followed me out of Water World in a teal GTO. It sounded quite loud. He kept jumping on the throttle like he wanted to go... but he kept avoiding me? He probably would have kicked my but anyway.

Next Sat at Speedworld could be a possibility for me? Although the temps are supposed to be in the 100's by then.

Torchmach
05-16-2005, 08:13 PM
Rick,
The Show was at Victory Lane Sports Complex (Softball Fields) on 43rd Ave South of Water Works Park. "Lurker Dan" (Azure Blue 04') came up from Chandler, there was a very nice 71' Boss 351 :hail1:, and 3-4 other Mustangs there. We parked on the grass, nice setting for a Show.

If the general consensus is thumbs down for Speedword we should get together at 83rd and Deer Valley, or the Pavillions. I think "Lurker Dan" is ready to come in from the shadows, this posting might even get Him to register, and start posting (Come on now Dan, go for it!). :yes:
Darel

rsnider
05-16-2005, 10:03 PM
It's supposed to be 105 F on Sat. I'll go to speedworld if you guys are up to it, but the times will suck. I'd be happy just to see everyone again at 83rd Ave.

Torchmach
05-17-2005, 11:32 PM
It's supposed to be 105 F on Sat. I'll go to speedworld if you guys are up to it, but the times will suck. I'd be happy just to see everyone again at 83rd Ave.Lets get some feedback from the others, 83rd Ave & Deer Valley is good with me, will invite Rochard, and a couple others. If Speedword is going to be slow, and crowded with other Cars lets save ourselfs the drive out there.

rsnider
05-18-2005, 05:04 PM
Sounds like it's a go for 83rd Ave. south of Deer Valley Rd. (Safeway parking lot).

For anyone not familiar with the area be careful if you exit the Loop 101 at Union Hills and go west to 83rd Ave. You have to make a second right turn to stay on 83rd or you go straight into a residential area.

Since it's going to be pretty hot on Saturday most of us will probably show up around 6:30-7ish. We'll hang around for an hour or so to check out the cars then we can head over to my house for some burgers/dogs and soda/suds, maybe a swim?

This DOES NOT exclude anyone!!! If there was someone that you were going to bring to the meet... feel free. It would be a great time to meet new faces. Don't let them be intimidated by a bunch a strangers (although they don't come any stranger them me).

Hope to see everyone Saturday night.

Rick

Sodbuster
05-19-2005, 02:51 PM
Sounds like it's a go for 83rd Ave. south of Deer Valley Rd. (Safeway parking lot).

For anyone not familiar with the area be careful if you exit the Loop 101 at Union Hills and go west to 83rd Ave. You have to make a second right turn to stay on 83rd or you go straight into a residential area.

Since it's going to be pretty hot on Saturday most of us will probably show up around 6:30-7ish. We'll hang around for an hour or so to check out the cars then we can head over to my house for some burgers/dogs and soda/suds, maybe a swim?

This DOES NOT exclude anyone!!! If there was someone that you were going to bring to the meet... feel free. It would be a great time to meet new faces. Don't let them be intimidated by a bunch a strangers (although they don't come any stranger them me).

Hope to see everyone Saturday night.

Rick
Count me in :)

Torchmach
05-19-2005, 07:28 PM
I have e-mailed Rochard, he wants to meet us at Safeway too/wife and kid will be out of town. I am in too (or is it four?), have a new shifter from MGW for every one to look at. Am meeting with Jason and "Lurker Dan" this PM, will talk it up with them.
Darel

Torchmach
05-20-2005, 12:11 AM
Rick,

Just got back from Pizza at Nello's, Jason has to work Sat untill 11:00, but Dan will be at Safeway. Any word from Tuck and Ethan ?
Darel

rsnider
05-20-2005, 06:33 PM
No word from Darrell... but I called Ethan. He'll be there.

my04
05-23-2005, 03:13 AM
Sorry I missed out guys the tread on my tire decided to separate from the carcass and pass me on the 101. Should have a new tires on monday, just glad the rim didnt get f**kd and nothing happended to the body.
Ethan

rsnider
05-23-2005, 09:41 AM
We're glad nothing happened to YOUR body!!! You should have come anyway. If you needed a ride any of us could have picked you up.

What tires are you going with? What did you have on the car when the tread seperated?

(That was'n't meant the way it sounded!!!)

Sodbuster
05-23-2005, 09:11 PM
Here is a pic taken by Rick, shrunk by me. :PICS:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/Mach1Tim/Safeway2.jpg

Bobs Mach
05-23-2005, 10:21 PM
Hopefully someday we can get one of every color in the pic.

my04
05-25-2005, 01:18 AM
I had summitomos on it but they were way bald. I just got another set and this time Im not gonna race with these tires.