PDA

View Full Version : Swung by Steeda yesterday....

The Mach Says
03-14-2003, 10:20 AM
I must say, I am very impressed with their facilities......Nicely setup showroom, with all their bolt-ons, and wheels......nice-looking receptionist as you walk in, and all the salesmen straight back. Their performance shop is a totally separate building just behind the sales/showroom bldg. They have a DynoJet Dyno, at $80 a pull, so you can check your before & after hp, and the shop is as clean as a brand new oven......

All this being said, their labor is pretty expensive, especially when it comes to suspension work.......It costs roughly the same to install their springs, than the springs themselves....not to mention if you decide to go with their complete Phase 1 for suspension :eek:

I think I may end up with a few of their products, since they are such good quality, but I may look elsewhere for installation, cause their install prices are hefty hefty hefty

JC

Jc'S MaCh 1
03-14-2003, 11:20 AM
THis is some advice from someone that always looked for the cheapest place to get parts installed...

Dent in rim
Scratched tint
Sparks from welding fell into the rim ( metal shavings melted on my rim)
Broken front sway bar
Borken rear end links for the sway bar
Stripped nuts ( tried to cover it up with lock tight)
3 weeks to get a paint job done right
Scratched dash board
Shorted out 4 fuses
Shorted out my door ajar light and it always stayed on

BTW none of this was done on my Mach 1.

These are from about 5 shops that I went to, they where all recommended from friends. I went to the cleanest place in Toronto, yes it's about $100 more then all the other places but the car was the exact same I left it in. Steeda are premium parts and as you said the shop is immaculate. I love that kind of service and I don't mind paying for it either. The money I saved from the cheap places was used for all the beers I took afterwards to try and relax after all the BS I went through.

This is the shop I go to now.... His mustang is deadly....

http://www.dasilvaracing.com/

Jc

mgk2
03-14-2003, 01:29 PM
You know you gave some wise suggestions. There are really times when you get what you pay for...! And sadly the negative is also true, you sometimes pay more when the other place didn't do it right or cleanly!
So research with others and the better business people, so you don't fall prey to those working for your money..not for you!
:D

The Mach Says
03-14-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by mgk2
You know you gave some wise suggestions. There are really times when you get what you pay for...! And sadly the negative is also true, you sometimes pay more when the other place didn't do it right or cleanly!
So research with others and the better business people, so you don't fall prey to those working for your money..not for you!
:D

DUDE.............YOU'RE MY NEIGHBOR!!!!!

Where in Pines are ya? I'm in Miramar.

BTW...........I just got off the phone with the friendly folks at Razor's Edge, and they said they'd do it for SUBSTANTIALLY less.............they specialize in Lightnings and Cobras, but mostly engine and performance. They did do my lowering shackles on my Lightning, but as you know, lowering a truck, and installing lowering springs on a car, are two totally different adventures.

If you are interested in their shop, it's www.razorsedgemotorsports.com

They have a Mustang Dyno there too, so I may just order my exhaust online, and have 'em do my exhaust, with a before and after dyno. We'll see how March and April treat me moneywise! :HOPPY: ;)

JC

Whifty
03-14-2003, 06:43 PM
I work for Broward County and we regulate all the auto repair and body shops in the county. If you email me I will tell you the best shop with the best price, and I know every shop in the county.

Dario at Steeda makes some nice parts but his labor is excessive, but then again you are paying for the name. I also know the guys at Razor's and there are a few others that specialize in Mustangs throughout the county but mostly on the northern end. You can check with Florida 5.0 located in W. Hollywood.

From what I understand, Eilbach makes the best springs.

Give me an email.