PDA

View Full Version : Just got back from a road race at firebird

GO2REDLINE
05-08-2005, 02:36 PM
No i didnt race, i found out about it early this morning from a guy staying at my hotel. He has a 97 Cobra and his buddy has an Evo8 (evil ***) both ran. It was on the main track and it was hosted by a local group that puts on an event almost every month. The event isnt really a race for the novice class or intermediate, only the PRO's have a real race. Its more like a fun day kinda thing, but they have different levels of skill and what not so your not going to get run over or left behind... Very Cool. I met up with a guy named Tony who owns a Zinc Yellow 03 MACH 1. I have met him before at the pavilions once. He is a cool cat but he doesnt post on the registry, i tried to convince him too though. His MACH is an Auto and its the first Auto i have ridden in, tits totally killer. I honestly had no idea Auto MACHs are that clean. He has a few mods, Predator, Borla, C&L, etc. Very very clean. He does have louvers so its not hard to spot him, if ya see him out cruising the east valley, give him a shout and tell him to post here :P

Anyway, this group/club does cost money to enter but there next event is in Sept. At St. Johns (Az/Nm area) anyone want more info let me know, i gathered all the propaganda i could. :)

rsnider
05-12-2005, 10:08 AM
I tried to get up to the St. Johns race last fall. Sounds like race cars take over the town. The locals make some money. And everyone has a great time. They had a web site, it's probably still running? I think they use the airport for the straightaway on the track.

I may be talked into going if we can get a group together? Probably have to make reservations early for a hotel. But I read that they offer camping. Maybe renting a motor home for the weekend would be the way to go?

GO2REDLINE
05-14-2005, 11:17 PM
Actually Snider, i thought the guy i met was you... he has the same car as you. I think you and i have met before. At the Bestwestern N. Scottsdale. I work there. Regardless, he has yellow auto, and his name is tony, he did tell me that St. Johns uses the airport runway as the track, that would be cool. We'll get it handled closer to the date.

Sodbuster
05-23-2005, 09:30 AM
No i didnt race, i found out about it early this morning from a guy staying at my hotel. He has a 97 Cobra and his buddy has an Evo8 (evil ***) both ran. It was on the main track and it was hosted by a local group that puts on an event almost every month. The event isnt really a race for the novice class or intermediate, only the PRO's have a real race. Its more like a fun day kinda thing, but they have different levels of skill and what not so your not going to get run over or left behind... Very Cool. I met up with a guy named Tony who owns a Zinc Yellow 03 MACH 1. I have met him before at the pavilions once. He is a cool cat but he doesnt post on the registry, i tried to convince him too though. His MACH is an Auto and its the first Auto i have ridden in, tits totally killer. I honestly had no idea Auto MACHs are that clean. He has a few mods, Predator, Borla, C&L, etc. Very very clean. He does have louvers so its not hard to spot him, if ya see him out cruising the east valley, give him a shout and tell him to post here :P

Anyway, this group/club does cost money to enter but there next event is in Sept. At St. Johns (Az/Nm area) anyone want more info let me know, i gathered all the propaganda i could. :)
Now thats my kind of racing !!!!!!!!!! Tell me more, tell me more :hail1: