PDA

View Full Version : A calendar of our own (Phoenix area)

rsnider
05-02-2005, 01:54 PM
I thought I'd put together a picture calendar using pic’s I've taken over the last two years... then I thought it would be WAY better if the pic’s were from others who had taken photo's during our local gatherings.

I'm not quite sure how to collect the hi-res picture files... I know e-mailing them won't work. Maybe you could put them on a CD and mail them to me, or we could meet up and you could just hand them to me?

No offence to anyone, but I'd rather the picture quality and artistic content be prioritized over the amount of options added to the car itself. I would really like to accentuate the factory stock character of the car. That’s not to rule out a good pic of a car with added options.

Try to keep in mind the purpose of the project... cars and places we know, and gatherings we can relate too and remember?

Got any good pics?

my04
05-04-2005, 04:47 PM
Dose that mean my car cant be on the cover. :LAUGH:

rsnider
05-04-2005, 04:52 PM
Cover??? It's a calendar not a magazine? If we had a centerfold you and Tuck would have to have a shootout to see who gets the staple in the door handle! I want good pics first... bling bling is not a factor. The mach could be heavily modified, or not at all, it's the composition and quallity that counts.

my04
05-05-2005, 01:59 AM
Hey calenders have covers cars too. Rich do you want to take the pics or just have everyone take their own. My brother owns a photography studio(Imperial School Photography) and he'd prolly take the pics if we could all get some cars to gether at meeting or something. Got a good purge pic of the n2o comming out of the shaker but i dont think its calender material.
:yeh:

my04
05-05-2005, 02:02 AM
Oh and I also have a who works at a print shope and he said he might be able to put a couple of calenders together on the side. Just some food for thought.
Ethan

rsnider
05-05-2005, 10:32 AM
Pics of past events/gatherings or photo's taken just for the calendar... really doesn't matter to me. If someone can get them printed that's cool too. I figured if we were only going to need a dozen or so there wouldn't be justification to have an actual print shop do the work. We could just print them up on the computer with some good paper.

Kind of thought having backgrounds we were familiar with would be nice, but not absolutely necessary (Pavilions, Firebird, Speedworld, local landmarks, etc.).

I don't want this to become a work. Keeping it simple will keep it fun. Hopefully we'll end up with something that we can have at work or in the kitchen to make us smile.

Torchmach
05-05-2005, 11:24 PM
Rick,

It won't take much effort on our part to produce a very cool Calendar. There are shops out there that have the basic Calendar, we would just need to come up with the artwork/photo's. I don't recall the exact amount, but the Denver Mustang Club did a very nice Calendar with photo's of Club Cars at a very reasonable price :yes: . I know some CMC people with 69/70 & 71/73 Mach's,(No one will own up to having a Mustang II Mach :notsure: ) we could do a heritage shot :hail1:.

Darel

rsnider
05-06-2005, 09:48 AM
That would be cool. And I'd support that, but for me personally I'd rather have a good shot of your car, or Tim's car, or Darrel's car. There are lots of pictures of really cool Mustangs, I'd like to be able to look up from my desk and see a car I know.

Just me though.

Later,
Rick

P.S. Anyone up to 83rd Ave. on Saturday evening?

Torchmach
05-06-2005, 09:35 PM
Rick,

83rd Ave and Deer Valley, the Safeway parking lot ???? Sounds good to me. What time? Will E-Mail Rochard with info, He lives out this way too. Does anybody know about a Screaming Yellow Mach I saw on 67th Ave just south of Greenway last Tues???
Darel

GO2REDLINE
05-07-2005, 11:14 PM
Yea my GF has been bugging me to take pics of her with the MACH for a calender. So ill get that done this week.

rsnider
05-08-2005, 07:35 PM
Didn't see anyone at 83rd Ave. on Saturday? That's ok. There were lots of cool cars to check out. How about a supercharged V-10 Viper or a DOHC Panoz!