PDA

View Full Version : How does this work?

03BJRMach1
04-29-2005, 02:25 PM
Ok so i know you can get Custom tunes for your car...and what not. for more power...but somebody was telling me you can have like 4 dif tunes for one car....well how does the computer know or how do you select out of the 4 wich one to use.? or is that just not true?

mach1fan35
04-29-2005, 02:55 PM
Ah truth......An elusive trait grasshopper! Who knows what really lurks in the hearts and minds of men?

Mikestang
04-29-2005, 03:17 PM
you would have to load each tune as you needed it flashing the pcm

DSG2003Mach1
04-29-2005, 03:47 PM
with the hand tuners you have to load each program when you want it. They also have "flip chips" which i believe you can get them for either 2 or 4 programs depending on what you need. The flip chips have a switch with some extra wire so you can mount the switch where you want it. Then you just shut the car off, flip the switch to the program you want, start the car and be on your way.

03BJRMach1
04-29-2005, 08:21 PM
with the hand tuners you have to load each program when you want it. They also have "flip chips" which i believe you can get them for either 2 or 4 programs depending on what you need. The flip chips have a switch with some extra wire so you can mount the switch where you want it. Then you just shut the car off, flip the switch to the program you want, start the car and be on your way.

"Flip chip" i think thats what the guy was talking about...are those any good? or what is better...to flash and load what u want or a "flip chip"

SHKR281
04-29-2005, 08:26 PM
Flip chip is really neat alot of the gts and etc have them in town. But the handhelds are more towards the corbas for some reason, everyone one i know has a handheld for thier cobra. Dont ask me why.

DSG2003Mach1
04-29-2005, 08:37 PM
The tuner you can datalog and do some tweaking on your own if you know what youre doing.

Id say it depends on how often youre going to be switching tunes. If youre gonna be doing it often a flip chip would be eaiser. Like if you have a street tune, a race tune (which usually requires mixing 93 and 100 octane fuels) a nitrous tune etc...