PDA

View Full Version : Ordering Exhaust(s) - UGHHH! Frustrating!!

The Mach Says
03-10-2003, 01:30 PM
I must have tried 8-10 sites, and NOBODY has anything that says '03 Mach I compatible.

What model should we be copying then? Should we be ordering for the ''01 Cobra, or should we be ordering for the '03 Cobra...............What parts should we be ordering???

I'm definitely going with an American Thunder catback from Flowmaster, but have yet to decide on which type of offroad X or H pipe.............maybe BBK, or Mac, or even Bassani.......AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I don't know. The problem is, no matter which catalog, or which website I go with, there are no part #'s specific to an '03 Mach I.

What are you guys ordering.................help!!!

JC

cobrajg
03-10-2003, 03:16 PM
Get the 99-03 GT exhaust. It is the same as the cobra exhaust but will go over the live axle rather then under the cobra IRS.

If you go with an h-pipe, go with the MAC. Can't help you much with the x-pipe, but many are getting the BBK or Bassani. You want to go with an h-pipe if you go with Flowmaster. It also depends on if you want catted pipe or none.

Go to www.fulllineexhaust.com, email them or call 1-800-264-8035 with what you want. I got the Magnaflow 15671 system from them for $330 shipped. I have the MAC h-pipe also and I am installing everything tonight.

richtor
03-10-2003, 03:19 PM
i have heard that when applied with the flowmaster the h pipe is way to go. something about more backpressure. the x pipe works wonders with those straight through mufflers which the flowmaster is not.
i have the flows and they sound really burly, louder than the stock exhaust. i would be going with mac cat-back if they were not illegal in california.
good luck with your adventure.

The Mach Says
03-10-2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by richtor
i have heard that when applied with the flowmaster the h pipe is way to go. something about more backpressure. the x pipe works wonders with those straight through mufflers which the flowmaster is not.
i have the flows and they sound really burly, louder than the stock exhaust. i would be going with mac cat-back if they were not illegal in california.
good luck with your adventure.

Guys, I love the sound of the Mac........I had one on my Lightning, but I don't like the fact that the system is chrome, not SS, and therefore rusts like a mother.........I don't mind being a slave to washing/waxing the car, but not to the exhaust..........It's a shame that the best sounding exhaust, comes in such $hitty quality.

jc

Billybong
03-11-2003, 12:19 AM
Try the Magnaflow X-pipe w/cats It's stainless steel :www.partshopper.com (http://www.partshopper.com)

1BADMACH1
03-11-2003, 02:17 AM
does magnaflow make an off-road x-pipe?

rjw158
03-11-2003, 09:17 AM
I'm going with the full length Kook's from JDM and the x-pipe with stock mufflers for now.

The Mach Says
03-11-2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by rjw158
I'm going with the full length Kook's from JDM and the x-pipe with stock mufflers for now.

I thought JDM's parts were Cobra-specific

www.teamjdm.com

JC

rjw158
03-11-2003, 04:47 PM
No, same heads the headers will work as will the exhaust set up. Just don't get the 3" exhaust I hear you will lose power with a n/a engine and 3" exhaust. The absence of back pressure will work against you.

Darkhorse
03-11-2003, 09:02 PM
You don't have emissions testing in Michigan, rjw? You're lucky if you don't.

rjw158
03-11-2003, 09:50 PM
We used to, but they stopped doing it a few years back.:)
I once took a 2.3 turbo in for an emissions test with a straight tube right out of the turbocharger and it passed. The mechanic told me that if an engine isn't running to rich at the specified test rpm it should pass. He about **** when he seen that exhaust set up. lol