PDA

View Full Version : Reasons for Limited Interest in Joint Mach 1/Bullitt Event at Ford 100

Tony Alonso
03-10-2003, 11:34 AM
As one of the co-planners, I would appreciate your input on the low interest in the joint Mach 1/Bullitt event at the Ford Centennial Celebration. As of today, we have 3 registered Mach 1s vs. 30 Bullitts. I know the folks at Ford would love to see a good turnout and are trying their best to accomodate us.

Thanks for your response. It is vital NOW since the deadline for registering your car for display, which allows you access to portions of the joint event, is this Saturday. If there is something we need to address, we need to know.

TRMach1
03-10-2003, 04:50 PM
Tony, I would have loved to do this, but the timing, along with the associated costs, just plain sucked. It comes right on the heels of the All Ford event at Carlisle, PA, which alot of people here in the East had already committed to. After spending 3 full days at Carlisle, along with the hotel, food, gas, and everything else, it becomes a little much to turn around the following week and do the same thing in Detroit. Sorry guy, just bad timing.

Tony Alonso
03-10-2003, 05:07 PM
Thanks - the Carlisle event was specifically what I was thinking would be in conflict.

Others??

FordFanForever
03-10-2003, 11:25 PM
for me its the 1300 mile trip(one way) and cost. If I had a enclosed trailer i wouldnt mind the 1300 miles but cost still might stop it then

socalmach1
03-11-2003, 12:22 AM
I am in California:(

Skoozo
03-12-2003, 09:03 PM
I can't make a commitment to be there with my car. I am still debating if I want to take my Mustang to Detroit (I've seen how people drive on that side of the state.)

02mach1
03-12-2003, 09:33 PM
I be in Carlisle for the All Ford Show sorry:(

CMEmach1
03-12-2003, 11:00 PM
Tony, My reasons are just about the same as Jim (Black98GT). I have attended all of the All Ford Nat's in Carlisle and have plans to do so this year. Carlisle is about 1 1/2 hours away so it's much closer than Detroit. The cost in both time and money would be to much one week after taking vacation time and a fair amount of $ to be at Carlisle. I would love to be there but it just isn't in the cards for us. Good luck and I know you few will represent the 03 mach1 with honor and pride.

03mach1
03-13-2003, 09:16 PM
Frank, the Dearborn show is 2 weeks after Carlisle.....

02mach1
03-13-2003, 11:18 PM
I thought is week after? I be there now two weeks after Carlisle,PA;)

04Retro
03-30-2003, 07:23 PM
WIMPS! Carlisle is great--no doubt about it but it happens EVERY YEAR. This event is going to be big--Ford's 100th...with the way car sales and the economy are going I'm not going to sit back and hope to make it to Ford's 200th...too long a wait...when all the press coverage comes out Carlisle will be a bump in the road compared to the Ford 100th in Detroit...one big case of shoulda gone..****....highly suggest folks 'rethink' this...it is gonna be GREAT!

02mach1
03-30-2003, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by 03RCode
WIMPS! Carlisle is great--no doubt about it but it happens EVERY YEAR. This event is going to be big--Ford's 100th...with the way car sales and the economy are going I'm not going to sit back and hope to make it to Ford's 200th...too long a wait...when all the press coverage comes out Carlisle will be a bump in the road compared to the Ford 100th in Detroit...one big case of shoulda gone..****....highly suggest folks 'rethink' this...it is gonna be GREAT!

Sorry we plan this over a year about going Carlise we not change our plans there's going be more Mustangs in Carlise then Dearborn because Ford started this100th back in the fall no one knew about until Jan. and having hotel room waiting for us over six months don't think so, and we going be broke after Carlise show.

MCA going have National a show there in Aug:rolleyes: Iam going then.:THUMBSUP:

04Retro
03-31-2003, 03:44 PM
Yeah--really tought call...faced by many...kind of like "do I buy stock in Microsoft or Enron"....some made the right decision and others didn't.... Frank the 2 biggest events over the next year will be the Ford 100th (intro of the new GT (aka GT40)-3 cars to be exact, the 05 Mustang prototypes) and the Mustang 40th in Nashville--if folks have to limit their travel resources (time and $$) those are the 2 to hit...new concept...hotel reservations can be cancelled...just because you've had them a while doesn't make them unchangable...Microsoft folks to Detroit, Enron folks to Carlisle.............

Frank and company--not really trying to pick on you here...I know resources for all of us are limited...I need a new computer but...this is going to be big..the new computer will be delayed another year and I'll live with this PII... and Detroit here I come...this is going to be BIG...a lot of second guessing is going to happen, Carlisle will be nothing comparted to this...massive car show..there is more to the world then Mustangs...but lots of Mustangs will be there...Ford will probably have Mustang number 001 on display, the new GT intro, a chance to tour the Ford Museum, historic Ford houses, assembly plants etc....Geezzz Frank..with all your interest and involvment in Mustangs and MCA you are really making the wrong call--give it some serious thought!!!