PDA

View Full Version : Fisrt Detailing, WOW what a difference!

bkeen
03-09-2003, 12:15 AM
I detailed the exterior of my Mach today and what a difference. Smooth as a babies butt (I should know, I have 4 kids) and talk about a mirror finish! The clear coat scratchs are not as apparent as before and some are gone all together. I guess I'll need to take it to a professional if I want to get rid of them all together although it's not bad enough to worry about it now.

I used all Meguiars:

1. Gold Class Premium Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner
2. Scratch X cleaner/scratch and swirl remover
3. Deep Crystal System Polish
4. Gold Class Clear Coat Car Wax

All by hand.

I was going to clay bar but tried the Scratch X and had no bumps or snags etc.

I used this method on the stripes and rear spoiler too and it worked great with the stripes but it left the spoiler streaked. I then used the Meguiars Deep Crystal System Paint Cleaner (not cleaner wax) and it brought the spoiler back to new condition.

Total time: 3 hours.

Pictures (http://www.keencentral.com/mach1/detailPage.htm)

:THUMBSUP:

enforcerfour
03-12-2003, 09:45 AM
I just waxed mine saturday with mother's and it made a huge difference. Everybodies like what did you do to your car?? It shined up really good. I didn't wax my decals though. I was afraid of what it would do to them. But I guess they are safe to wax aren't they?

bkeen
03-12-2003, 09:50 AM
I used everything on the decals that I did on the paint. The spoiler didn't react well to the wax so I used a cleaner on it and then a detailer. It now looks better than new.

:THUMBSUP: