PDA

View Full Version : Got my car dyno'ed yesterday

darkshadowmach
04-17-2005, 03:35 PM
Here's the results. I am pretty sure they are not corrected, either that or I have one very special Mach. Is there some way to calculate the correct results.

Angus66
04-17-2005, 04:06 PM
Here's the results. I am pretty sure they are not corrected, either that or I have one very special Mach. Is there some way to calculate the correct results.

Is your Mach stock or modded?

The numbers are STD, but they could be lower OR higher with the SAE correction factor depending on the conditions (humidity/temperature/barometer) during the test session.

Numbers look just like mine did with only a K&N drop-in filter in the stock airbox BTW. :yeh:

darkshadowmach
04-17-2005, 05:26 PM
only mod are some Flowmaster 40's welded in. Still has the paper filter. The temp was 75 and not a cloud in the sky. My guess would be under 50% humidity. Just seemed a little high for what I have seen on here.

darkshadowmach
04-17-2005, 06:29 PM
their website says they correct for atmospheric conditions. a 2003 Black GT went after me. she had full Bassani exhaust and some sort of CAI and dyno'ed at 258 HP

TheBlkMach1
04-17-2005, 06:31 PM
Those numbers look about a little high, even for STD. STD to SAE conversion is roughly 4% less.

darkshadowmach
04-17-2005, 09:14 PM
any other opinions. He seemed to take a special interest in my car...especially after all the civics and CRX's before me. He said I needed a tune that the line was a little too bumpy.

Azurelou
04-27-2005, 08:31 PM
I've never seen a Dyno data sheet before. Looks like the max HP is at
5000 RPM. HMM. Thanks for posting it. I'm a newbee at all this.
I guess if your out at a drag strip and want the best quarter mile
time, you sould shift somewhere before or after 5000 RPM?

Those are good numbers right? Mach 1's are rated 300HP at
flywheel or rear wheel? I have not a clue?

machths
04-28-2005, 10:20 AM

305 HP at the flywheel, but that's sandbagged a little. It's more like 320-330 HP at the flywheel. My bonestock reading adjusted 15% netted me 325 HP at the flywheel. Most people will calculate 12-15% driveline loss.

mustangmike2003
04-28-2005, 01:35 PM
Why is the curve so bumpy, what causes thats?

mustangmike2003
04-28-2005, 01:41 PM
Why is the curve so bumpy, what causes thats?

darkshadowmach
04-28-2005, 01:53 PM
He said basic tune-up, read spark plugs, will smooth it out a lot.

darkshadowmach
04-28-2005, 01:55 PM
to your previous questions, yeah I think the numbers are a little high, there was a little civic there with a huge turbo that netted 387hp

Azurelou
04-29-2005, 08:40 PM
So maybe the bumpy lines on the data sheet are because there dyno needs a tweeking.
Or some work done to it. And what would cause that? Slipping tires on the dyno?
Who knows. Machs are pretty much at 300BHP. At the rear wheel I guess..
I wouldn't second guess that your Mach is somewhere around 300 at the rear wheel
after hearing the previous statement about flywheel HP is about 325HP.

darkshadowmach
04-29-2005, 09:37 PM
Well wasnt going to mention this, just now got where I can talk about it, but the 1st run might be unreliable because the dumba$$ left the emergency brake on through the whole run. 145 MPH with the **** brake on. But I signed a waiver. He did give me the $50 back though. And amazingly the brake shop said I only needed pads.

Mach&Roll
04-30-2005, 02:27 AM
What a dip. the brake on. They should have to pay for that. So you don't drive the car to dyno it yourself? WTF. Oh do you have a video of your car on the dyno? I would love to see it.

darkshadowmach
04-30-2005, 07:27 PM
I have a video, will try to post it somehow. He let me drive up on it, even hook it up, but he did the actual dyno. I thought he couldnt drive a stick to begin with. It nearly died on him twice while he was shifting. He first thought it was the traction control. But it wasn't obviously. Here's a pic

darkshadowmach
04-30-2005, 07:33 PM
whoops here's a pic on the dyno:

Mach&Roll
04-30-2005, 08:02 PM
Hey that looks like fun man. So was it cool to watch your car spin the dyno? I was going to get mine dynoed by my ses light came on so i am dealing with that for right now. Oh and I look forward to a video if and when you get it. :yes:

darkshadowmach
04-30-2005, 09:03 PM
The best part was that when I pulled the car up onto it, there wasnt a soul around but by the time it was over, 20-25 people were around asking about it. A kid with a srt-4 that dyno'ed 254hp was real interested it what it pulled. His friend was bashing it before the first pull saying it wouldnt get above 250. I couldnt find him after the 294hp pull.lol That kinda helped me get over the e-brake brainfart. I still consider it a good experience and now I can start with the mods. (O/R prochamber in the box)

Mach&Roll
05-02-2005, 03:08 PM
Did it take forever since the mofo left the e brake on? I would have thought it would have taken longer due to the drag that car would experience. Oh and wait to draw a crowd. that is good for all of us to get respect off of your car.

darkshadowmach
05-02-2005, 03:53 PM
Let's just say there was smoke boiling off the rear wheels by the time he realized what he did. that's probably why there is no Dynorun 1.

04azuremach
05-02-2005, 04:06 PM

No, you want to shift where RWTQ x Next Gear Ratio is more than the RWTQ x the current gear ratio.

Making an excel spreadsheet based on your gear ratio's and torque curve would give you the optimum shift points.

More than likely your optimum shift point will be different for each gear.

Azurelou
05-04-2005, 09:39 PM
Thats pretty messed up darkshadowmach. Someone left your parking brake on when Dyno testing?
Thats not cool at all. The person who did that is a dipstick.

To 04auremach, thats some math on torque verse's gear ratios.
I shift when I feeln like it.. I respect your 13 sec 1/4.
I didn't know it was so involved. I wish I could go to the
track or dyno.

Mach&Roll
05-07-2005, 04:02 PM
Well when do you shift you car 04auremach? I think I would shift mine around 6000 cause that is where I feel the car reaches its peak power level. I haven't been on a dyno though.