PDA

View Full Version : 305Z on the right

Verk
03-06-2003, 10:17 PM
I have an assigned parking spot at work. Today, the guy that parks next to me comes to work with a new white 350Z.

Now the Z is a good looking car, however not so much in white. I am being told he will be gunning for me. Hummm, well I can only hope :D

Tomcat427
03-06-2003, 11:31 PM
Have Fun!!!:D

Darkhorse
03-06-2003, 11:40 PM
As long as you don't spin too much on launch you'll beat him, no doubt.

TRMach1
03-06-2003, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Verk
I have an assigned parking spot at work. Today, the guy that parks next to me comes to work with a new white 350Z.

Now the Z is a good looking car, however not so much in white. I am being told he will be gunning for me. Hummm, well I can only hope :D

Been there, done that, got the trophy..... no contest!:CHEERS:

djh0102
03-07-2003, 03:24 AM
I for one have a 350Z and a Mach1, the Z is no match for the Mach1. But then again, I havn't raced them since I can't drive both at the sametime. My opinion, the Z is style and the Mach1 is POWER. If you do race a Z, toy with them for a couple of lights and then light him up on the third.

Tony Alonso
03-07-2003, 07:00 PM
djh0102,

Just curious how you like the 350Z. It was on my short list of cars (Mach 1, 350Z, used C5 Corvette).

What do you like about it vs. the Mach 1?

Thanks!

djh0102
03-08-2003, 02:59 AM
Comparing the Z to Mach is like compareing a baseball to a football. The Mach, as you know, is a muscle car. Therefore it is gonna be a little plain when it comes to style, interior wise. Plain in itself is a style. The Z is the most "high tech" car I've had. TO much to get into. But that stuff can get old I'm sure. As far as preformance the Mach wins by far. In the Z, I go through the gears so fast that it feels like all I am doing is shifting. PLus the Z has an european style manual meaning that it grabs so fast that it jerked alot until I got used to it. But the Z has the best seats ever! And the car sits so low you feel like your feet are gonna scarp the pavement. I just like sitting in the Z looking at the navigation system. I wish it played movies, man to would be just to cool. So in conclusion to that rambling bunch of nothing, the Mach is a man's car while the Z is more of a comfortable, stylish, gimmick car. Which one do I like better? well, I have 2846 mi on the mach and 500 mi on the Z.

Tony Alonso
03-08-2003, 08:37 AM
Thanks for your prespective. They certainly are different driving experiences in terms of power for sure. I am curious if you've had the opportunity to exercise the handling capabilities of the 350Z. My previous 300ZX was quite good in that department, up until the time moderate-to-major understeer kicked in at the limit. I never messed with the stock suspension, but it was fun to drive. Since i had the non-turbo, the power deficit was a big issue for me.

More thoughts?

djh0102
03-08-2003, 01:38 PM
Oh yeah, the Z does handles very good. It has a very tight turning ratio. But remeber, it is easyer to turn when you are going slower. lol I think the mayjor reason for this is where the front wheels are located. The bulk of the engine weight is behind the front wheels where as with the Mach, the engine weight is centered on the front wheels if not a little in front. I do have to say one thing though. I am dissapointed with the low end torque of the Z. The Z is an overhead quad cam. (4 cams) with the mach a dual (2) overhead cam. I thought the more overhead cams you have the greater the low end torque you have. Maybe I have to rethink that theory. I hope this helps as tend to wander off topic alot. If I could without loseing money, I would probally get rid of the Z. Its a great car, but the Mach1 is just better suited for a guy like me. The Mach1 is a low profile car. It doesn't turn heads as much, remeber I am in Sourthern California. The Mach makes me wish I was back in Illinois. This car (Mach) would be a terror on the back roads. Ok I am gonna shut up now.

falcongtho3
03-08-2003, 08:10 PM
Mmmm...both cars are DOHC configuration. Four cams total, with two for each bank of cylinders, each cylinder having four valves. Part of the low end issue is that the Mach has more cylinders, as well as more displacement. This can also be attributed to the cam profiles for the Mach 1 as well. No flaming, just want the info straight fo reverybody. It shows how much you like the Mach 1, with it obviously getting the more road time!:THUMBSUP:

Bullitt_#1346
03-11-2003, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by falcongtho3
. . . reverybody.

Scooby! :LAUGH: :LAUGH:

falcongtho3
03-11-2003, 08:24 PM
R'uh r'oh, Raggy!:D