PDA

View Full Version : Paul's parts

cobrajg
03-06-2003, 11:44 AM
Paul's Mach1 Parts (http://www.paulshp.com/mach1.htm)

Prices! :surprise: :rolleyses

Looks like I will be holding off on a few things.

jpetre
03-14-2003, 12:55 AM
When I had my Cobra they were better known as Paul's High Prices! ;)

Wish I could afford some of there stuff! They make really good stuff, just cant afford it!

Money => :SMASH:

rjw158
03-27-2003, 09:15 AM
Just to let you guys know, I was out in Jackson,MI at Pauls High Performance yesterday and the price for the air box has been lowered. I picked one up for around $210.00.

rjw158
03-27-2003, 09:16 AM
Just to let you guys know, I was out in Jackson,MI at Pauls High Performance yesterday and the price for the air box has been lowered. I picked one up for around $210.00.

cobrajg
03-27-2003, 01:15 PM
Not bad, I just might have to pick one up myself. That is if my velocity pipe ever shows up.

rjw158
03-27-2003, 07:05 PM
Which velocity pipe did you get? Was it the one from the outfit in Canada? The install on the air box wasn't bad, about 1 hr. I also plugged off the resonator on the inlet tube. I think I used a #9 rubber stopper and a little bit of rtv to seal it good.

cobrajg
03-27-2003, 08:24 PM
Yes, the velocity tube from www.wmsracing.com.

socalmach1
03-28-2003, 12:15 AM
I like some of that stuff!:THUMBSUP:

rjw158
03-28-2003, 07:34 PM
I'm looking real serious at this peice with the PHP air box and a straight velocity pipe it should make some H.P.

Cobrakid
04-10-2003, 10:07 AM
The prices he charges for installs are freakin rediculous.

I guess that's why he is loaded and we aren't.

not really trying to be an a$$, but just look at the labor rates...
....how much is a wash and wax $675??????:SMASH:

rjw158
04-10-2003, 01:18 PM
The air box install is no big deal, 1 hour at the most.

Ralph Greene
04-10-2003, 09:11 PM
At around stock HP levels, I haven't figured out how an air box can do anything. I know what everyone says, but I spent a lot of time with previous car on dyno, and have a good idea of what adds power, and for our cars that are still around stock HP levels, I don't see the need for improving air box.

Raise the HP level with power adder of some sort, improve the exhaust system, and increase need for more air in, and I could see benefit. Also...a lot of mods that may add thousands of a second improvement on the dragstrip are pretty meaningless for street use, even if they do add a couple HP. Drag racers have a different agenda than street users. To them (and this is not a knock), any improvement they can get is worthwhile. I totally understand the benefit of a few thousands on the strip. But to me, and for others out there who won't race their cars, many of these mods described on this and other sites are worthless for street use, and just aid in voiding the warranty. And...I don't blame companies like PHP for producing these products. That's business. But it is interesting to read about them. MHO

Ralph Greene
04-10-2003, 09:57 PM
BTW serius dag racers know what to do, and although I'm not a serious drag racer wth this car, I have made a few trips down the strip.

If you want your car to accelarate faster, the first mod to do is gears. Probably 4.10's for most users, and maybe 4.30's for those more serious. I haven't put this car on dyno, so don't know yet where HP peaks, so not sure yet about optimal gearing. On older NA 4V cars, 4.30's or more work best. Then if you are going to race a little, get some race tires, at least DR's. That will feel like a 50 HP increase.

If you want to go faster yet, some serious racers are posting good times on here with their Mach's. They have done the above and improved exhaust considerably. If you are serious about racing, there is a lot you can do. If you aren't serious about racing, my point is a lot of these mods that get our juces flowng don't do much for just street use. MHO

Blown86GT
04-11-2003, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by Ralph Greene
At around stock HP levels, I haven't figured out how an air box can do anything. I know what everyone says, but I spent a lot of time with previous car on dyno, and have a good idea of what adds power, and for our cars that are still around stock HP levels, I don't see the need for improving air box.

Ask the F-Body guys how much hp they are picking up with a new air box(lid) for their $150-200 mod. Anywhere in the neighborhood of 15-20rwhp. Not bad hp for the money in my book...It is possible the air box on the Mach 1 could be choking the motor at stock hp levels.

Paul

Ralph Greene
04-11-2003, 02:13 AM
Paul...I sure hope you are corerect. That would be some cheap HP that probably wouldn't affect warranty for most problems for most folks. I guess for certain engine problems, if the local Ford rep gets called, he could claim tampering with intake system. But most are reasonable.

The service manager at the dealership I bought my car, said he would work with me if I did some mods on this car. I take that to mean he would do an honest appraisal of what actually caused the problem, and then if I caused it with a mod, it's my problem, and otherwise it's their's. That's fair.

On my previous car, everthing on the car got modded, but they did replace seat belts under warranty. LOL

Joe91898
04-11-2003, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Ralph Greene
If you aren't serious about racing, my point is a lot of these mods that get our juces flowng don't do much for just street use. MHO

Good point. I may at some point replace the exhaust, but I think I'll wait a year or two and see what happens. I've jumped the gun too many times before only to be dissapointed.

JTCOBRA
04-13-2003, 05:58 AM
if you just drive on the street it sounds like you dont need anything you should leave it stock and preserve your
warranty . i doubt you will ever use it on this motor.

see ya JEFF