PDA

View Full Version : New Numbers and I mean Big Numbers...

ITLRUN
04-11-2005, 12:16 AM
I dyno'd the car this evening and was somewhat surprised with the outcome.

363.8 RWHP & 311.3 RWTQ

My Basic Combo is:

FR500 Intake
Stock Camshafts
Bassani/MagnaFlow Exhaust

:smokin:

DSG2003Mach1
04-11-2005, 12:23 AM
wow, thats crazy power, sad to see it hurt the torque a bit. Id love to see a dyno graph.

wonder what that intake would do with a blower!

and its really looking like 400NA hp isnt so impossible and gonna have to be so radical like people were thinking. Just amazing to see how power numbers just seem to be leaping ahead lately!

Lonestar 7
04-11-2005, 01:13 AM
Wow, super numbers congrats! Just goes to show how much you can get going the natural power route. I bet a little tweaking or a few more mods you will hit 370 or more. Can't wait to read your write up on the FR500 intake install. I am looking toward following your steps even though I like blowers I just think natural is more fun and more a challenge to ring out the power.

03ZincMach1
04-11-2005, 01:23 AM
NICE! Your car always did have high number though. Get those fr500 cams in and pick back up some of that torque.

Jester
04-11-2005, 01:56 AM
I'd like to see how you set up the throttle cables. Been looking at the FR500 intake for quite some time now. Impressive numbers BTW...

lamach1
04-11-2005, 02:28 AM
Great numbers. Can you post the graph? Better yet, a before and after? I am very curious as to how the low end torque was affected being that the long runners are being used at low rpms.

mach1dsg
04-11-2005, 03:07 AM
subscribing :yeh:

351c.i.d
04-11-2005, 05:48 AM
subscribing :yeh:

What he said. :yeh: :worship:

darkshadowmach
04-11-2005, 05:55 AM
what they said....also are you planning to go to the car show at Berry College this Sat? I would like to see that Mach in person.

H-TownMachI
04-11-2005, 07:55 AM

363.8 RWHP & 311.3 RWTQ

My Basic Combo is:

FR500 Intake
Stock Camshafts

You forgot to mention the Al Papitto magic heads. :smokin:

Nice numbers.

ITLRUN
04-11-2005, 09:03 AM
H-Town is correct, Al Papito gets the nod for the cylinder head prep and Tim Matherly gets all the assembly and pretune credit. I have not had the combo retuned for this intake manifold. I suspect it will be close, but we will see. Since I'm still running stock valve springs, the decession was made not to turn the motor more than 7K RPM. My rev limit had been previously set to 7K by Matherly when he did the ported intake tune. The car ran out of muscle several hundred RPM's before that. Now this monster is still climbing when it hits the limiter.

I will be at FFW in Commerece, GA this weekend. I hate to miss the Berry show. Its normally a pretty cool show.

You will need Adobe Viewer to see the graph
Graph (http://www.parkwayperformance.com/fr500.pdf)

mach1dsg
04-11-2005, 11:49 AM
Itlrun, any info on how to get those parts???,
FR500 Intake
Ported Heads
and that's it???

H-TownMachI
04-11-2005, 11:54 AM
H-Town is correct, Al Papito gets the nod for the cylinder head prep and Tim Matherly gets all the assembly and pretune credit. I have not had the combo retuned for this intake manifold. I suspect it will be close, but we will see. Since I'm still running stock valve springs, the decession was made not to turn the motor more than 7K RPM. My rev limit had been previously set to 7K by Matherly when he did the ported intake tune. The car ran out of muscle several hundred RPM's before that. Now this monster is still climbing when it hits the limiter.

I will be at FFW in Commerece, GA this weekend. I hate to miss the Berry show. Its normally a pretty cool show.

You will need Adobe Viewer to see the graph
Graph (http://www.parkwayperformance.com/fr500.pdf)

Thats a sweet looking linear power curve or should I say line. :)

2k4mach
04-11-2005, 01:17 PM
very nice #'s man :THUMBSUP:

DanK
04-11-2005, 02:42 PM
Thats a sweet looking linear power curve or should I say line. :)Heck yeah...it's almost flat! :)

MachOneThis
04-11-2005, 06:16 PM
Congrats - awesome horsepwer curve - just the way I like 'em - climbing to the end.

New Mach
04-11-2005, 06:53 PM
How much is the FR500 intake? Is there a picture available? (I tried but coudn't find info on this).

What I did find, states $2,795 for intake system, seems a bit steep.

Thanks,

Michael

1WiCKEDMach
04-11-2005, 07:07 PM

363.8 RWHP & 311.3 RWTQ

My Basic Combo is:

FR500 Intake
Stock Camshafts

Do you have bassani headers and x pipe or just X pipe? Also how much head porting was done?

How much is the FR500 intake? Is there a picture available? (I tried but coudn't find info on this).

What I did find, states $2,795 for intake system, seems a bit steep.

Thanks,

Michael

I think SHM has them for just under 2k.

ITLRUN
04-12-2005, 12:18 AM
I have Bassani Mid-Length Headers and an Off Road X-Pipe. My cat back is a MagnaFlow Magnapack system with tail pipes. My heads have not been ported. I have had a "trick" valve job, slight bowl work and shaved a several thousands for a bump in compression. Al Papito / Boss 330 Racing did my cylinfer head work.

I'll post a few pics of the manifold on the car tomm around lunch. The FR500 manifold is available from Ford Racing Performance Parts. There are two part numbers, M-9424-T46 (designed as a kit for 96-98 Cobra's with tumble port heads) & M-9424-DP50 (the kit that I used).

Ford Racing's description for M-9424-DP50 -

"This is a racing version of the M-9424-T46 Intake Manifold Assembly. It has the same Variable Geometry feature to improve low RPM torque. This will be especially useful in road race application. The throttle body is positioned in the identical spot as the 1999 and later Mustang Cobra. The production Cobra throttle body is recommended for all race applications.

The kit does not include fuel rails, injectors, or air meter, as it is anticipated that injector choice and engine management systems will vary with the application. Throttle linkage, vacuum routing, etc. is left to race team discretion. The actuator for the runner change is included."

Cost on this manifold went up on 04/01/05 by $650.00 Retail is now $3095.00 - Parkway Ford's price is $2750.00. If you can find another shop with that has had one these intakes on the shelf, you can save yourself a chunk of change.

If you guys notice, the HP never stops climbing. Currently the HP production is limited by the stock valve springs and the rev limiter set at 7K in the DiabloSport chip. If I had stayed in the throttle until the limiter, it would have netted a few more HP. I lifted as soon as the shift light came on at 6800.

It may just be one of the biggest coincidences ever, but I got an email from FRPP this moring ( the morning after posting dyno results) about the possibility of doing a little R & D with FRPP on heads and camshafts. I have been tring to do this for two years.... We will see what happens.

white ghost
04-12-2005, 12:22 AM
ITLRUN those are great numbers, but i think i'm confused. you paid 3000 dollars for an intake manifold? or was there more to it?

ITLRUN
04-12-2005, 09:49 AM
I got my intake before the price increase. Also keep in mind I work at a dealership that sells FRPP.... I get hook ups. ;)

BULLITT1723
04-12-2005, 11:29 AM

363.8 RWHP & 311.3 RWTQ

My Basic Combo is:

FR500 Intake
Stock Camshafts

Awesome numbers....I am curious did you get the variable runners to work? If so, how did you get it to work? or did you just run the short runners only? From the loss of torque it looks like intake was running on short runners only.....

Any info on this is greatly appreciated....thanks

P.S. Good luck with R&D with FRP, it should provide great results :)

Ralph Greene
04-12-2005, 12:08 PM
Congrats Joe. For sure Al does nice work!

ITLRUN
04-12-2005, 01:46 PM
Thanks Guys!

I do have the intake manifold working with long runners down low switching to short runners up top. I will be writing an article on the install in the next few days with al the ins and outs.

FWIW: Dyno numbers to ponder...

Long Runner ONLY: RWHP 290.6 / RWTQ 312.3
Short Runner ONLY: RWHP 349.2 / RWTQ 288.1

I made a bunch of runs back to back and doing so "heat soaked" the car. But I had gained valuable information. We determined the best RPM to open the short runners and made another pull. I opened the short runners up at 5100 rpm (you can see the jump in power around 5200) and continued through the pull. The funny/weird part of this would be that the car made 14.6 more RWHP starting off with long runners and switching to the short runners.... I havent tested that enough to make my final determination, but it'll make you wonder whats up.

Combined Runners: RWHP 363.8 RWTQ 311.3.

This combination has not been tuned by Matherly yet. I expect to gain back some of the lost torque and maybe a few more horsepower.

ITLRUN
04-12-2005, 04:19 PM
SLUT!!!!!!!! :smokin: :3:

WHORE!

:rolleyes: Wasnt that like the pot calling the kettle black :23:

SHKR281
04-12-2005, 04:26 PM
SLUT!!!!!!!! :smokin: :3:

sweet

BULLITT1723
04-12-2005, 05:44 PM
Thanks Guys!

I do have the intake manifold working with long runners down low switching to short runners up top. I will be writing an article on the install in the next few days with al the ins and outs.

I made a bunch of runs back to back and doing so "heat soaked" the car. But I had gained valuable information. We determined the best RPM to open the short runners and made another pull. I opened the short runners up at 5100 rpm (you can see the jump in power around 5200) and continued through the pull. The funny/weird part of this would be that the car made 14.6 more RWHP starting off with long runners and switching to the short runners.... I havent tested that enough to make my final determination, but it'll make you wonder whats up.

This combination has not been tuned by Matherly yet. I expect to gain back some of the lost torque and maybe a few more horsepower.

Thanks for the info.....That was great planning that you ran the long and short runners separately, then you were able to determine when to change runners. Is 5100rpms where the horsepower peaked with long runners? Where did the torque peak at with long runners? I wonder if changing to short runners at peak torque of long runner will help overall torque....

I tried to view your dyno sheet, but the link didn't work for me.
Could you email it to me? Thanks

Those are great numbers for untuned....I am looking forward to seeing some tuned results, it will help for sure....

Can't wait to read your article.....'you the man' :hail1:

rjw158
04-14-2005, 06:48 PM
Those are some impressive #'s Would really like to see the results with the whole FR package, heads-cams-intake Once again Great Numbers!
rjw

kilo
04-14-2005, 09:08 PM
Way to go Joe. Now you just need those cams and a good tune. Let's hope the R&D work comes through.

IZZY
04-15-2005, 12:49 AM
An outstanding job breaking new ground. Super #s.

04DSG Mach
04-18-2005, 07:46 PM
Update us as soon as your get your tune with your combined runners!!!

04DSG Mach
04-18-2005, 10:48 PM
ITLRUN, so which intake assembly did you get. Did you get the M-9424-DP50 or did you get the M-9424-DP46. Early you said you got the DP50 but then you quoted a long quote about the DP46. I work at a ford dealer and can get a discount, so I want to see how much I can get it for, but I need to know the right part number. Thanks.

Catman
04-20-2005, 12:15 PM
They need to make this more affordable for those of use with no "hookup" at the dealer, awesome numbers BTW.

daddy rob
04-20-2005, 12:44 PM
i need to mine dynoed

Voodoo96743
04-30-2005, 05:57 PM
ITLRUN, so which intake assembly did you get. Did you get the M-9424-DP50 or did you get the M-9424-DP46. Early you said you got the DP50 but then you quoted a long quote about the DP46. I work at a ford dealer and can get a discount, so I want to see how much I can get it for, but I need to know the right part number. Thanks.

Reread the quote. It's saying the DP50 is the same intake and actuator that is included in the T46 kit, but doesn't include all the misc parts that come with the kit like injectors and MAF

New Mach
04-30-2005, 10:02 PM
I got my intake before the price increase. Also keep in mind I work at a dealership that sells FRPP.... I get hook ups. ;)

Does using teh FR500 intake eliminate being able to utilize the Shaker unit?

Also, someone mentioned FR500 intakes can be had at "SHM" what/who is SHM?

Thanks!

Michael

daddy rob
04-30-2005, 10:06 PM
www.shmmotorsports.com

TheBlkMach1
05-08-2005, 12:19 PM
I know that i'm real late on this, but great numbers Joe. :yeh: Hopefully you can get it tuned and to the track and make it down in one piece!! :yes: I'd love to see what the new setup will run. Maybe you'll be the new N/A king. :fro:

Fosters
06-08-2005, 10:07 PM
just curious, i don't see it asked... what did you dyno before that, with the stock intake?

Did ya lose any torque? and did you weigh the two intakes? I thought the fr500 is supposed to be a bit lighter.

either way, crazy numbers for stock cams! can't wait to see the final numbers!

Angus66
08-13-2005, 04:37 PM
Any updated dyno-tuned numbers yet?

MattN03
08-13-2005, 06:15 PM
Yeah, any updated dyno numbers?

TheBlkMach1
08-13-2005, 08:22 PM
Yah!! What they said. :MADNOEL:

Phil
08-13-2005, 10:09 PM
Thanks Guys!

I will be looking forward to your write up. I'm interested in the FR500 intake. Your rwhp = about 417 at the motor, very nice....but I don't understand why the rw torque is low?

Fosters
08-17-2005, 06:10 PM
Reread the quote. It's saying the DP50 is the same intake and actuator that is included in the T46 kit, but doesn't include all the misc parts that come with the kit like injectors and MAF

actually, they are different, the 50 isn't just a stripped down version, the bottom is a bit shorter, making both the long and the short runners shorter than in the other version:

http://www.fordracingparts.com/images/part/full/M-9424-DP50.jpg

vs

http://www.seanhylandmotorsport.com/online/images/M-9424-DP50.jpg

ShakeMe
08-19-2005, 01:59 AM
Any updates?

CobraJohn
09-02-2005, 11:23 AM
actually, they are different, the 50 isn't just a stripped down version, the bottom is a bit shorter, making both the long and the short runners shorter than in the other version:

http://www.fordracingparts.com/images/part/full/M-9424-DP50.jpg

vs

http://www.seanhylandmotorsport.com/online/images/M-9424-DP50.jpg

Fosters, Actuuaaly, both of your images show the DP50 intake manifold. The
first picture shows the current production release version, second pic shows
a pre release version that was not released but was incorrectly shown in the
catalog and online. They found that it works better with the shorter version
of the long runners and hence the change. The T46 intake is the same as the
DP50, same bottom cover but has a different top cover. Also if you look closely, changing the bottom cover only affects the length of the long runners.

Cobra John :yeh:

New Mach
09-03-2005, 11:51 PM
What can the madifold be had for? And how much HP can be gained with just that add-on?

Thanks!

Michael

Jester
11-09-2005, 09:59 PM
A parts list for this project would come in handy....soon :ORANGE:

TheBlkMach1
11-09-2005, 11:31 PM
Ever get to the track again????????