PDA

View Full Version : Should I Go With A Paint Sealant From The Dealership Or Not???

Randy
03-06-2003, 01:59 AM
With my wifes Honda CRV we went for the paint sealant package which they reapplied each year for the last 5 years and the car looks great each time it's reapplied.... My dealer is offering a one time spray of sealant for about $150.00 with no mention as to how long this sealant protection would last... And if it should be reapplied yearly (yes I intend to ask)..

If I have the sealant applied - can I still wax the car??????? Any and all input - please ... RANDY:THUMBSUP:

Kevin
03-06-2003, 03:06 PM
Depends on what kind of "sealent" they are using. Did they say?? Most dealers use a teflon based sealent that really doesn't last that long but looks good for a month, maybe two.

You mentioned waxing. Do you do this yourself??? If you do and are confortable with detailing your car yourself, I wouldn't let the dealer touch my car if they payed me. Can you say swirl marks??? The problem with dealers is not the body shop. Its those little 16 year olds in the wash bays that kill you car. Whatever you do...don't ever ever ever let the dealer wash your car!!!

Personally, if you are confortable with doing it yourself, you will get a much better detail and save yourself a ton of money if you do it on your own.

If you are looking for a sealent/wax combo try this:

Klasse All-IN-ONE
Klasse Sealent Glaze
P21s wax

Those three items will cost you about $50 if you order them online. They go along way too and last up to 9-10 months.

Now if you have swirl marks thats a whole nother topic.......

Randy
03-14-2003, 12:37 AM
I like waxing my car - but I'm sooooo busy I work about 53 hours a week with another 10 hours on the road...So I think the paint sealant is the best way to go... As I stated before we've had good results with the honda CRV's paint sealant... RANDY

Randy
03-14-2003, 12:42 AM
You guys are fun to read - if you two ever meet you'll eight kill each other or become good friends... Are you going to Dearborn for the 100th in June???? After 6 - months waiting I take delivery next Friday... Randy