PDA

View Full Version : What should I do!!!!!

40mach1
04-09-2005, 01:50 AM
I need some advise. I got the Xcalibrator box with the preloaded tune from PHP - I have sent them an e-mail but not sure if I said the right things. If anyone has had similar experience or knows of why I am having these issues then please let me know so I can explain it to him better. Unfortunately I am in Cali and them in Michigan but what do I do?

Here is the e-mail I sent him:

Jeff and Paul:

Okay, I finally figured out how to work the box and was able to reflash the computer back to the stock settings, then back to the custom tune. I am not trying to return it or anything but I do have a couple of concerns and would appreciate your feedback or directions.

Now this may just be me but it is a little complicated for me to see how the performance was significantly improved - I will have it dynoed though to be sure and report the numbers back to you. However, my ocncern is that with the custom tune, when I step on it, it rattles like there was cheap gas in the car and makes a rattling noise in the engine. So to be sure, I loaded back the stock settings and it went away. What can I or shoud I do? I do not want to run it that way until I hear back from you because I dont want to damage anything. Maybe it has something to do with the a/f settings?

Should I get it dynoed and report the numbers back to you? Also, remember that our highest octane gas in Cali is 91, which I guess is more like 89 or whatever. Please let me know what to do or if I should send the box back to you for adjustments.

DSG2003Mach1
04-09-2005, 04:32 PM
thats the chance you take with mail order tunes sadly. Sounds like that tune is way outta whack, dont run it like that if you like your engine in one piece. Sounds like its waaay lean and the timing could be off as well. When it does that the knock sensors should pull timing to try and stop it, which will kill power. Once you get a proper tune you should notice a difference

40mach1
04-09-2005, 08:10 PM
Yeah its been fixed but besides the xcaibrator box, what the **** did I pay for :confused: - whatever, I am letting this one go now - lessons learned makes you stronger, and even your mach :rolleyses