PDA

View Full Version : 04 Mach w/Predator Tune Dynojet Results

JDraper
04-06-2005, 05:29 PM
I put my Mach on a dyno today to tune it with the Predator. Modifications to my Mach are a C&L CAI/Maf combo and a Borla Stinger Cat back system. The car is a 5 speed with a TMX2 computer. Totally stock, the car ran 269.8 HP and 289.2 Ft-Lb Torque on a Dynojet last summer at Carlisle. The #'s from Carlisle are SAE #'s. The dyno I ran on today was also a Dynojet. Today, the first pull was with the computer in stock form with the CAI and Cat back installed. It pulled 276.8 HP and 297.4 Ft-Lb Torque. We then installed the Diablo Predator r50d tune and pulled again. We did 3 pulls with this tune in, and the best we pulled was 295.8 HP and 324.2 Ft-LB Torque :yes: :yes: . This was with the STANDARD r50d tune. A/F ratios were between 13.0 and 13.6. Air temperature at the intake was 88.4° F. I was surprised that the standard r50d tune kept the A/F ratios pretty good, but it did.

BTW, today's results are all standard corrected HP/Torque values.

Attached are the graphs from the various pulls. Dyno1.jpg is the stock pull at Carlisle last summer, Dyno2.jpg is the pre-Predator tune pull (with extra fuel dumped in to be safe), and the Dyno3.jpg is the best r50d pull. We did 3 pulls on the r50d tune and all 3 were within 5 hp and 11 ft-lbs of each other.

If you look at the Air fuel ratio, you will see it starts out lean, and then gets better as you go up in rpm. They were having some issues with their a/f ratio measurements, so it was reading waaaayyyy lean when the dyno first started recording. They tested it on a vehicle they know is tuned properly, and it read the same way so we are assuming we're good across the board. I did throw a little more fuel in on the low rpm's to be safe, but the car felt very strong, no hesitations or anything.

I'm satisfied for now :santa:

win98nogood
04-06-2005, 05:43 PM
looks good , who did your tune, Im in NJ

thanks
Gil

JDraper
04-06-2005, 05:49 PM
The tune is from my Diablosport Predator hand tuner. It's their standard Diablo r50d tune. The place I went (DL Automotive in State College, PA) doesn't do the tune for you (they're paranoid about liability), just sets you up on the dyno and lets you do your thing. I was mainly going to make sure my A/F ratio was good with the Diablo tune.

Guyster03Mach
04-06-2005, 06:29 PM
Nice numbers, very good information there!

Makes me wish I had gotten a 5spd with the way your numbers rose. :yeh:

CY-Mach1
04-06-2005, 07:40 PM
Congrats! took a custom tune to get those kind of numbers from mine.

paulman
04-07-2005, 09:13 PM
well done - you must feel a big difference

Mach32v
04-08-2005, 12:44 AM
good #'s man! Huge diiference with the mods! :yeh:
I think I got lucky with my car. I ran
284RWHP and 307 RWTQ with just my K&N Drop-in. Your power curve looks better than mine though.
Keep on Mod'n!!

2k4mach
04-08-2005, 01:10 AM
nice numbers man :THUMBSUP:

JDraper
04-08-2005, 07:21 AM
Thanks everyone...it definitely feels a lot stronger across the power band...a lot less peaky in the acceleration.

neversatisfied
04-08-2005, 08:26 AM
Nice numbers. Thanks for the information.

Evil_Capri
04-12-2005, 01:56 PM
Thanks for sharing!!

JDraper
07-16-2005, 04:26 PM
I was back on the dyno today for another tune. I took it to GodSpeed Dyno (http://www.teamgodspeed.com) and Bart Grande worked on the tune with me. The dyno he has is a Land-Sea dyno, and it's supposed to generate #'s that are 10-15% below what a Dynojet generates (My previous runs were on a Dynojet). We ran about 20 pulls, with LOTS of modifications in between runs.

Power mods I have:
Borla Stinger Cat Back
C&L CAI w/Maf
Meziere Electric Water Pump
Diablosport Predator

After many tweaks, we ended up with the graph below :yeh: . On the Land-Sea dyno, it put down 303.2 Hp and 314.6 Ft-Lbs Torque! These numbers are Standard Corrected. If you use a 10% correction factor to get me comparative to my last Dynojet runs , I gained 38 Hp and 22 Ft-Lb torque between the tune and the Meziere Water Pump.

Now, before anyone jumps up and down and says "you can't do that comparison", we did a baseline run today that only had the Meziere pump added and on the Land-Sea, it put down about 270Hp and 275 Ft-Lb torqe before we started messing with the tune.

We started from the base Predator r-50d tune, and worked from there. At the end, we got the best results adding 5% fuel across the board, and 10% to the 4-7K timing. We datalogged the knock sensors, loop, timing and rpms, and yep....they're sensing knock right around 5200 rpm and then again at 5550 rpm, which you can see in the data. The knock was much worse BEFORE we increase the timing and the fuel (surprise, surprise). We chased the settings around for several hours before we settled on the result above. We did have one tune that gave slightly more torque, but it was running way lean, and the knock sensors were working some serious overtime.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I learned a LOT about how the computer in the car works to control timing and fuel, and that our motors definitely prefer to run hot. Every time we did a set of pulls back to back, the second pull was 10% better. Let the car cool for a little, and it was back to the first set of #'s.

cory2081
07-16-2005, 05:08 PM
Wow, that much difference in a custom tune than the R50D huh? I can't run the R50D, car pings on tip-in. I went back to the stock tune with a little fuel aded and the car feels better, go figure. I have the ZYA2 processor, maybe that makes the difference. Glad the Predator worked for you. I'm going to get a custom tune soon :) Hope my #'s turn out this good.

JDraper
07-16-2005, 09:21 PM
I gotta get new tires now. I can be hooked up in 2nd gear, and it will break the rear loose at about 4700 rpms......

injectedracing
07-16-2005, 10:45 PM
good #'s on a canned tune. Sounds like a strong beast