PDA

View Full Version : Deltachip or Predator????

BlkStang4 me
04-05-2005, 11:20 PM
Yea so i am getting a delta chip next week and i was wondering what kind of gains you guys have experienced with it. I kow that most of the talk in this forum is about the predator but i am not sure about that thing. I have rad the info on the diablosport website and still have questions. Which do you guys think is the better buy?

03whitemach
04-05-2005, 11:53 PM
Your going to get a few opinions, but without actually trying both, its hard to say. I have the Predator and I like the ease of use. The performance gains could be better, but thats what tuners are for. Good luck with this one. Either way, you really can't lose.

Numach14me
04-06-2005, 12:35 AM
I had the chip and sold it for the preditor. There is no differance in proformance gains between the two. Just can do so much more with the Preditor and don't have to keep mailing the chip back in for updates. If you watch you can get a preditor on here used for $250 or less.

Ralph Greene
04-06-2005, 11:54 AM
Tuners can tune with either, so no difference for most tuning between the two. But you can retain your warranty with Preditor. A Ford shop can always tell if you put a chip in.

sutyak
04-06-2005, 12:12 PM
What he said, plus the Predator has live data streaming and logging capabilities.
I love mine so far and hopefully moreso after I hit the dyno saturday.

BlkStang4 me
04-06-2005, 08:12 PM
okay so as a follow up question, and thanks for all the input, how easy is the predator to use, i mean im no computer guy...do you have to be one or is it like answereding a true false test? I'm really clueless on how the whole thing works. Sorry for all the potentially dumb questions but if i cant ask them here where can i ya know

03whitemach
04-06-2005, 08:45 PM
To put the normal performance tune, I think my 11 y/o daughter could do it. So, to answer your question, its real easy with yes/no questions.

Ralph Greene
04-07-2005, 09:13 AM
OK....You do seem a little confused.

If you want a mail order tune for your car, use a chip, or a hand held flasher such as the Predator with a pre loaded tune. Advantage of the Predator (or something similar) is you can hold the stock tune in it....to put back for a dealer visit. The Predator has other features which you may or may not use. The problem with a "mail order" or pre loaded tune is it may not work so good for your car and your particular mods. So you keep going back and forth getting changes made etc.

If you have your car custom tuned on a dyno, they can load that custom tune on either a chip, or into a flasher such as the Predator. Either works fine, but Predator has the other features, which you may or may not use. If you decide to go this way, then I would suggest you find out which one your tuner works with, otherwise you may buy something he can't (or won't) use.

If you wish to tune some yourself on the road, you will need some other equipment such as wide band o2 sensors, some knowledge, and some experience. You will also most likely need to purchase some dyno time. I doubt if you are ready for this yet.

MHO